Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
In Stormreach, it's commonly believed that Troglodytes excrete a musk that causes the horrible stench found in all its sewers.
|Heroic XP:||♣2,378Solo/Casual ♦4,132Normal ♥4,300Hard ♠4,467Elite|
|Takes place in:||Acid-Scar Caverns|
|Bestowed by:||Magus Littleton|
|NPC contact:||Magus Littleton|
|Quest acquired in:||The Twelve|
|Purchase:||Free to Play|
Magus Littleton's experiment is out of control. His Troglodytes, the Acid-Scar Tribe, are tunneling beneath the Tower of the Twelve's foundation, and are in danger of collapsing it.
If you want to stop this, you'll need to destroy the Troglodytes' leader, High Theurge Trassilyl, in the Acid Cave outside of the Twelve.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Slay High Theurge Trassilyk
- Destroy the Acidstone Elementals (20)
- Examine the large decorated door
- Throw the switches to unpower the red crystal (2)
- Throw the switches to unpower the orange crystal (2)
- (Optional) Defeat the Acid-Scar vengeance seekers (30) — Bonus (30%): Heroic( ♣713 ♦1,240 ♥1,290 ♠1,340 )
- (Optional) Defeat the acidstone elemental, Bremikite — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣238 ♦413 ♥430 ♠447 )
- (Optional) Slay troglodyte Brood Mother — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣238 ♦413 ♥430 ♠447 )
- (Optional) Slay Chief Hakilyzz — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣238 ♦413 ♥430 ♠447 )
What to Expect
- Fewer shrines on higher difficulties
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Acid, fire, wind (fixed, undisarmable)
Tips and Misc
- Useful buffs:
- Acid resistance
- Electricity resistance
- Fire resistance
- Freedom of movement
- Lesser restoration potions
- Be prepared to kill many, many troglodytes, and quite a few earth elementals.
- As always, take out the casters first; in this case, the shamans will heal their injured.
- Watch your spell points usage on higher difficulties: there are 4 shrines on Normal and Hard, but there are only 3 on Elite (the first, southern-most one gets removed), and the quest can take a very long time.
- On Elite, this quest is far more difficult than most other quests at the same level. Be prepared with a powerful group and expect some very difficult fights. The earth elementals have very high armor class; DR and hit points skyrocket to near-epic levels on elite. Without the proper weapons (see next), they can take a very long time to take down.
- The elementals have a high AC, HP and high DR you cannot bypass; however, they are susceptible to banishing weapons or a monk's Quivering Palm. With a combination of banishing, feeding/draining (negative level) weapons for the elementals and vorpal/paralyzing weapons for the troglodytes, the quest can be made much easier.
- While banishing weapons will no longer insta-kill the earth elementals (they have well over 1000 HP in a group), Earthshatter Warhammers from The Lord of Stone quest will kill them extremely fast.
- The quest is pretty obvious; easiest route is just to hug left to ensure you find all the elementals. Follow your way around the various caverns. They need to all be cleared to continue in the quest.
- Optional: After looting the three High Theurge chests and the quest appears to be over, the vengeance seekers optional occurs if you wait a bit. The DM will give a voice over telling you about a shrieking sound that is getting closer. Then the southern wall in the main chamber where the two down ramps meet will open and waves of Shamans, Warriors, and Hunter Troglodytes will appear. There is a collectible if you enter the new passage, and an extra chest will appear in the main chamber once the waves are defeated.
- Bremikite may appear at the end of the west-most passage (follow the path to the left from the beginning).
- Chief Hakilyzz may appear at the start of the passage to the South-west lever (near the first acid sprays).
- Broodmother Calilz may appear in the North-east passage, between the two doors (amongst the eggs).
- Aggression bonus: 124 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣238 ♦413 ♥430 ♠447 )
- Onslaught bonus: 157 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣357 ♦620 ♥645 ♠670 )
- Mischief bonus: 12 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♣190 ♦331 ♥344 ♠357 )
- Vandal bonus: 21–22 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♣238 ♦413 ♥430 ♠447 )
- Ransack bonus: 26 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.( ♣357 ♦620 ♥645 ♠670 )
- Chests: 4–8
- 1 rare optional for killing Bremikite (Acidstone Elemental)
- 1 rare optional for killing Chief Hakilyzz (Acid-Scar Warrior)
- 1 rare optional for killing Broodmother Calilz (Acid-Scar Shaman)
- 1 near the lever at the end of one of the four side wings (can spawn in multiple locations)
- 3 at the end for killing High Theurge Trassilyk (Acid-Scar Shaman)
- 1 optional at the end for killing the 30 Acid-Scar vengeance seekers
- First Fungus Patch on the way to the South-east lever
- Second Fungus Patch on the way to the South-east lever
- Fungus Patch on the way to the North-west lever
- Adventurer's Pack on the way to the South-west lever
- Adventurer's Pack in the passage opened by the vengence (sic) seekers
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Acid-Scar Hunter ( view • edit )||♦NormalNormal ♥HardHard ♠23Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Acid-Scar Shaman ( view • edit )||♦16Normal ♠24Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Acid-Scar Stalker ( view • edit )||♦NormalNormal ♥HardHard ♠23Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Acid-Scar Warrior ( view • edit )||♦15Normal ♠23Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Acidstone Elemental ( view • edit )||♥18Hard ♠21Elite||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Blackfang Bat ( view • edit )||♦9Normal ♥11Hard ♠14Elite||Animal||Bat|
|Bremikite ( view • edit )||♠25Elite||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Broodmother Calilz ( view • edit )||♦17Normal ♠25Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Chief Hakilyzz ( view • edit )||♠25Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|High Theurge Trassilyk ( view • edit )||♦18Normal ♥21Hard ♠26Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Free to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Long quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 6 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 15 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > The Twelve quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > The Twelve patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Acid-Scar Caverns quests