|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Old Archives
|Requires access to adventure pack: The Catacombs|
Descend into the Archives and search for a tome that tells of the mysterious Duality.
|The Old Archives|
|Heroic XP:||♣456 ♦820 ♥880 ♠940|
|Takes place in:||Library Archives, Catacombs|
|NPC contact:||Archbishop Dryden|
|Quest acquired in:||Catacombs|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Enter the library archives and search for a book about "The Duality."
- This is Chapter 1 of Part 3 of the Catacombs story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Seek aid from Head Librarian Guillaume
- Aquire the fragments of the Book of the Duality from their secret chambers (3 total)
- (Optional) Clear out the infestation in the library - 30 total (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Blade trap protecting the first fragment of the book. Control box is to the right just before the steps.
- Acid-bomb trap protecting the chest behind the secret door. No way to disable it; one-shot with a delayed activation.
- Blade trap protecting the third fragment of the book. Control box is to the right by the secret door.
Tips and Misc
- The acid trap protecting the chest fires about a second after opening it, giving one plenty of time to open it and then jump back to safety.
- Fragment 2 is behind a secret door in the southwest corner on the upper floor.
- Fragment 3 is behind a secret door in the northwest corner on the upper floor. It is protected by a blade trap.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 28 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 37 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 45 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 1 trap disarmed
- Perception bonus: 2 secret doors discovered
- Mischief bonus: 26 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 34 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 41 breakables smashed
- Chests: 1
- 1 trapped behind a secret door in the southern part of the upper floor, west of the shrine
- Collectables: Three
- Bookshelf just south of the first fragment
- Bookshelf just east of the second fragment
- Bookshelf just south of the third fragment
- NPC rewards: None