|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
To Find a Witness: Return to the Sanctuary
|Requires access to adventure pack: The Catacombs|
Marguerite may be the victim of an evil fate. Seek for more answers in the shattered Sanctuary.
|Return to the Sanctuary|
|Heroic XP:||♣552 ♦996 ♥1,070 ♠1,145|
|Takes place in:||The Sanctuary, Catacombs|
|NPC contact:||Archbishop Dryden|
|Quest acquired in:||Catacombs|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Re-enter the Sanctuary, and search for survivors of the massacre. If you find any, ask them what has become of Marguerite.
- This is Chapter 2 of Part 2 of the Catacombs story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the Sanctuary Master Key in the north ward
- Search for a survivor to interrogate inside Minon's ward
- Return to the Sanctuary exit
- Find the lever that reopens the Sanctuary's exit
- Return to the Sanctuary exit
- (Optional) Slay 8 zombies (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay 12 skeletons (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Runes (optional: require INT checks)
- Dual Blade & Cold trap guarding the chest behind the locked door in the west wing; box is behind the chest (Note: after Update 14, running on Elite, this trap & chest are no longer present)
- Spike trap around the chest with the master key (easily avoidable if you stay off the dais while opening the chest); box is to the left (north) of the chest.
Tips and Misc
- The North Ward is still open, so there's no need to go into the West Ward unless you want the chest or the optionals.
- The master key is in a room behind a secret door in the North Ward. A spot and search of 0 was able to find it, so the mission can be completed if you don't have a rogue.
- The chest in the western room of the North Ward, near where you found the note in the last quest, is open and empty, even if you didn't loot it earlier.
- Watch out for the undead ambush in the corner of the East Ward. It can be difficult for low level or new players. On elite, the knights are especially hard to hit.
- The shrine in the East Ward is locked by a pair of runes (INT 16 required). The one in the South Ward is behind a locked door.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 32 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 42 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 53 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 1 trap disarmed
- Mischief bonus: 24 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 31 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 38 breakables smashed
- Chests: 8
- 1 behind a locked door in the north wing
- 1 behind a locked door in the east wing
- 1 in the east wing in the second to last room on the left
- 1 in the east wing in the last room on the left, with the survivor
- 1 trapped behind a locked door in the west wing (Note: after Update 14, running on Elite, this chest is no longer present)
- 1 in the south wing, in a room at the end of a side passage
- 1 in the south wing, first door on the left after the side passage
- 1 in the south wing, second door on the left after going around the corner
- Collectables: Four
- Bookshelf in the third room on the right (northern wall) down the West Ward (across from the locked door)
- Bookshelf in the northeast room, just before the North Ward shrine
- Cabinet in Minon's Ward in the last room on the right, just before the shrine
- Bookshelf in the South Ward, in the last room on the left before going around the corner
- NPC rewards: Random item