|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Setting the Wards: The Lower Cathedral
|Requires access to adventure pack: The Catacombs|
Purify the defiled altars of the Lower Cathedral to reach the Patriarchs' Crypt.
|Setting the Wards: The Lower Cathedral|
|Heroic XP:||♣456 ♦820 ♥880 ♠940|
|Takes place in:||Lower Cathedral, Catacombs|
|NPC contact:||Archbishop Dryden|
|Quest acquired in:||Catacombs|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Enter the lower Cathedral and purify the altars to enter the Patriarch's Crypt.
- This is Chapter 1 of Part 4 of the Catacombs story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Purify the altar of the Winged Serpent (western altar)
- Purify the altar of the Avenging Maiden (eastern altar)
- Purify the altar of the Conflagration (northern altar)
- Slay the four guardians of the main altar
- Purify the main altar
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some don't require rogue skills to be disarmed)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to Setting the Wards: The Patriarchs' Crypt)
- Frost traps. Left and right of hallway after the shrine. Two control boxes, one for left, one for right.
- Blade traps covering the gate levers in the north hallway. Two control boxes, one for left, one for right.
- Spike traps in the eastern corridor. Two control boxes, one for left, one for right. Alternatively, they can be disabled by the levers on top of the wall; Note that unless you have a high jump, this will require jumping on the vase there.
Tips and Misc
- When you enter the quest, you'll find a resurrection shrine and a rest shrine engulfed in a bright glowing field. This field will instantly destroy any undead that touch it, but other creatures can walk freely through it. Leading the more powerful undead back to this area is a good way to get rid of them. Note, though, that undead with ranged attacks can still freely fire into the aura, they just can not walk into it themselves.
- If you don't smash the vases, you can jump on them and then over the wall to avoid the first frost traps. Alternatively, you can use the fountain for the same purpose.
- Each altar is guarded by an armored wight and several undead. Once you've killed the wight, the field drops. The rest of the undead will automatically die if you can activate the altar. This only affects any undead which have "awoken" at the time of purification, not those who are currently inactive.
- You may want to uncheck the box in your UI settings "Combat takes precedence over non-combat" if you are attempting to purify the altars without killing the spawned creatures.
- Once you purify the main altar, a tablet appears on it. You can use the tablet to go direct to the next chapter. If you leave this mission, you can get into the next chapter through a door in the catacombs just like previous missions. The next chapter is Setting the Wards: The Patriarchs' Crypt
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 29 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 38 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 47 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 3 traps disarmed
- Neutralization bonus: 4 traps disarmed
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 traps disarmed
- Mischief bonus: 35 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 46 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 56 breakables smashed
- Chests: 2
- 1 near one of the three minor altars (can spawn in multiple locations)
- 1 at the end for killing the four guardians (found next to the central altar)
- Collectables: Three
- Bookshelf by the western altar
- Adventurer's Pack by the northern altar
- Moss along northern wall on way to the eastern altar
- NPC rewards: None