|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Crypt of Gerard Dryden
|Requires access to adventure pack: The Catacombs|
Seek the forbidden secrets of the Duality in Archbishop Dryden's family tomb.
|The Crypt of Gerard Dryden|
|Heroic XP:||♣592 ♦1,068 ♥1,148 ♠1,229|
|Takes place in:||Dryden Family Tomb, Catacombs|
|NPC contact:||Archbishop Dryden|
|Quest acquired in:||Catacombs|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Enter the Dryden family tomb, find Gerard Dryden's sarcophagus, and search for the missing inscription.
- This is Chapter 2 of Part 3 of the Catacombs story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Enter the crypt of Gerard Dryden
- Destroy Gerard Dryden's Ghast
- Read the inscribed sarcophagus
- (Optional) Find the Dryden family treasure (25% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- This quest features an extreme amount of skeletons which can quickly wear out your weapons. Come prepared with fully repaired strong bludgeoning weapons and make sure to repair after this one before going on to the next chapter if your weapon gets heavily damaged.
- Most of the sarcophagi contain a skeleton of one form or another.
- The jewel-named gates are near rooms; inside them are the levers to open the gate as well as over a dozen sarcophagi. Often, several will bust open at once as you near them, spawning skeleton ambushes. You can range them to take them down one at a time as well as work towards your breakables bonus (you don't get credit for ones they bust out of on their own!)
- There are also ambushes at most corners, as well as down the northern hallway, after the Amethyst Gate (the one near the shrine). The same rules apply regarding breakables.
- There are four sarcophagi on each corner of Gerard's tomb; the same ambush rules apply.
- The locked doors towards the inner crypts on the southern, northern, and western hallways can't be picked. The key is in a chest in the west wing, behind the gate as you first enter.
- The 'family treasure' is the chest in the room behind the locked gate on the eastern hallway (Emiliane Dryden's crypt). (Lock DCs)
- The fight with Gerard involves him as a red named, some skeletal swordsmen, and some archers. The archers will sometimes miss you, hitting the Sarcophagi around the room and releasing another attacker (sword or archer). The Sarcophagi that do not open at first will eventually be opened by a timer or by the archers. A good method to avoid being decimated by the combined forces in this fight is to have all players stand further up the ramp. Then send one player down to draw the aggro of Gerard and the swordsmen back up to the group. Once they are dealt with, the party can descend and deal with the archers.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 145 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 189 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 232 monsters killed
- Mischief bonus: 140 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 181 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 222 breakables smashed
- Getting ransack will require you to smash some breakables from a distance with ranged attacks, otherwise skeletons will smash their way out, and they won't count towards your total.
- Chests: 2
- 1 optional behind a locked door in the inner room on the eastern hallway (Lock DC)
- 1 at the end for killing Gerard Dryden (Ghast)
- Collectables: Three
- Moss in the room by the Amethyst Gate (north western room), near the lever
- Adventurer's Pack just inside the southern inner crypt
- Moss by the eastern entrance to Gerard's tomb
- NPC rewards: Random Item
- Battleworn Helm - Helm: Concentration +3 (End Chest)
- Battleworn Sword - +1 Greatsword: Ghost touch (End chest)
- Gerard Dryden's Mace - +1 Heavy mace: Undead Bane (Locked room)
- (The original item of this name was +1 Lesser Undead Bane, and pre-existing items were not removed or changed)
- Gerard's Mail - Chain shirt: Masterwork, Mithral (End chest)
- Brown Spiders
- Black Widows
- Dryden Ancestors - tougher versions of Skeleton Swordsmen
- Iron Defenders
- Skeleton Archers
- Skeleton Swordsmen
- Skeleton Warriors