Base price modifier: +3
Only found on: Piercing and Slashing
Effect: A wounding weapon does 1 point of Constitution damage from blood loss when it hits a creature. Creatures immune to critical hits are immune to the Constitution damage dealt by this weapon.
- Blade of Fury
- Blade of the High Priestess
- Crippling Fury Blade
- Crippling Fury Shortsword
- Epic Sting
- Legendary Wave of Despair
- Legendary Wave of Sorrow
- Maiming Fury Blade
- Maiming Fury Shortsword
- Spinal Tap
- Suffering, the Half of Whole
- Tiefling Assassin's Blade
- Vampiric Fury Blade
- Vampiric Fury Shortsword
- Vengeful Fury Blade
- Vengeful Fury Shortsword
- Wave of Despair
- Wave of Sorrow
Notes: * The effect only occurs if the base damage after the targets DR has been taken into account is at least 1 point of physical damage.
- For example, if you attacked a creature with some DR and after the DR is taken into account, one did no damage, but second did 3 damage then only the second attack would have the wounding effect apply.
- Sneak attack damage is considered as normal damage when calculating whether the wounding effect takes effect.
- Red named monsters can only take up to a maximum of 10 points of constitution damage.
- Purple named bosses are entirely immune to this effect.
- Stat damaging weapons such as these are favoured in melee combat as monsters tend to have less constitution than they do hit points, and thus tend to die quicker when attacked using these kinds of weapons.
- +1 Wounding Longsword (minimum level: 6, with no race requirement)
- +1 Wounding Rapier of Pure Good (minimum level: 8)
- +1 Wounding Rapier of Puncturing (minimum level: 10, was considered a very rare and powerful weapon back when 0 constitution meant death... No longer the case.)
Effect: A wounding weapon deals 3 points of constitution damage from blood loss when it hits a creature. Creatures immune to critical hits are immune to the Constitution damage dealt by this weapon.