The Sunken Sewer
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Somewhere in these depths, a would-be troglodyte champion has made his lair.
|The Sunken Sewer|
|Takes place in:||The Sunken Sewer|
|Bestowed by:||Aurla Courson|
|NPC contact:||Aurla Courson|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Seek out the dangerous troglodyte whom Aurla told you about, and end his life.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Kill the Troglodyte Leader
- (Optional) Kill the brown prince Ruin — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Blight — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Warlock Slyssaris — Bonus (20%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some don't require rogue skills to be disarmed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Rune (optional: requires an INT check of 16)
- Poison traps in the open path, in the second room - no control panels, just have to time it. (Note: On Elite, failure at evading this trap most likely will kill an at-level character.)
- The rest of these are all in the locked path:
- Poison traps in the locked path, in the water courses - again, no control panels, just have to time it
- Spike traps, just around the corner. Control panel on either side of the arch
- Blade trap at the bottom of the first waterway. Control panel is just past it, on the north wall
- Arrow trap in the east alcove just before the second waterway. Trap control panel is in the same alcove, on the south wall
- Spike trap just past the shrine, in the water walkway. Control panel on either side of the arch immediately before it (NOTE: each one only does a couple of rows of spikes). The levers on either side will get the rest, except for the very central strip.
Tips and Misc
- There are two paths through this quests, forking from the first room: an open path (left, to the north) or a locked gate (right, to the south). If you go the open path, you'll find yourself fighting kobolds and, optionally, spiders. If you go the path of the locked gate, you'll find yourself doing little fighting but you'll have to disable a lot of traps. Either way is comparable for effort. The open route has an optional (INT Rune) section where there are spiders (and occasionally a named brown spider). The locked gate route occasionally has a named rust monster.
- At the bridge where four levers must be pulled, the ladder to climb back up after your swim is found in the south-west, just north of the South-west lever. You have to swim to the back of the west wall to get to it. You don't have to lower the bridge if your jump skill is high enough. A jump skill of 21 was enough to grab onto edge at the other end.
- The optional spider section down the open path requires an INT of 16 to open the rune. The optional spider, Ruin, is quite tough.
- Ruin may show up at the end of the spider section.
- Blight may show up at the end of the locked path.
- Warlock Slyssaris may show up in the passage to the south of the water room, after killing Hissahr
- Once you're in the water room, you enter the cage in the middle by swimming underwater and up through the floor of it. When you approach the chest, Hissahr and a few scorpions will spawn, and the trapdoor will close until Hissahr is dead.
- Both Hissahr and the scorpions are reluctant to cross the floor hatch, so one strategy for ranged fighters is to run around the hatch, keeping on the opposite side of the hatch from Hissahr, and fire away your ranged weapon.
- The kobold sentry at the end of the open path occasionally respawns
- You can only get the maximum bonuses for killing or breakables if you do both paths; even so, this will require going down the optional spider wing. A good method is to go down the locked path, open the door at the end, and then return for the open path. This allows you to save the altar for later in the quest, since you can't get back up to the open path after jumping down (except by returning through the locked path again). The locked path contains all the secret doors and traps.
- Aggression bonus: 22 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 28 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 34 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 43 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2 - 7
- 1 down the open path in the optional spider room
- 1 down the locked path by the "blood-crusted" secret door just before the shrine down the locked path
- 1 down the locked path in a closed alcove just in front of second locked door; the lever to open it is behind a secret door across the corridor
- 1 optional for killing Ruin (Brown Spider, doesn't always spawn, found in the optional spider room)
- 1 optional for killing Blight (Rust Monster, doesn't always spawn, found at the end of the locked path)
- 1 optional for killing Warlock Slyssaris (Troglodyte Shaman, doesn't always spawn, found in the passage to the south of the water room)
- 1 at the end for killing Hissahr (Troglodyte)
- Collectables: Five
- Moss by the south lever to stop the spike traps, down the locked path
- Adventure's Pack down the locked path, in alcove behind secret door before the second locked door
- Moss at the end of the locked path
- Bookcase at the end of the optional spider section
- Rubble past the exit rope
- NPC rewards: Standard
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Black Widow ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Blight ( view • )||Aberration||Rust Monster|
|Brown Spider ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Hissahr ( view • )||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Kobold Sentry ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Shaman ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Thrower ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Warrior ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Lesser Gray Ooze ( view • )||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Medium Monstrous Scorpion ( view • )||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Ruin (spider) ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Skeleton Warrior ( view • )||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton ( view • )||QL1:; QL2: ; QL3: ; QL?:||Undead||Skeleton|
|Troglodyte Shaman ( view • )||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Warlock Slyssaris ( view • )||Reptilian||Troglodyte|