Made to Order
Haywire is renowned as a genius artificer. He's equally well-known as a source of headaches for those who must work with him.
|Made to Order|
|Takes place in:||Haywire Grotto|
|Bestowed by:||Hazra d'Kundarak|
|NPC contact:||Hazra d'Kundarak|
|Quest acquired in:||House Kundarak|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Hazra d'Kundarak asked you to travel to the Black Anvil Forest and seek out the artificer named 'Haywire'. She hired him to create golems for her house and it's been too long since she's heard from him.
- Find and deactivate ARN-01D
- Speak with Haywire
- (Optional) Slay Goethe — Bonus (30%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay 6 (Baked Clay Golem) — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay 6 (Tempered Iron Golem) — Bonus (20%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Mandatory item collection: 4 crests
- Traps (random) - on elite, 9 in the main corridors, 2 in the final.
There are many, many traps on the ground. They look like gems lying in the corridors, but are landmines which cause fire/cold/acid/electric/sonic damage (Color of switch represents damage type). Make sure all party members have all kind of elemental resist, and do not run past your rogue when he/she is trying to search or disarm them. This kind of behavior quite often activates traps and disturbs his/her job.
The traps are triggered by proximity, and a trap will continue to fire until no one is next to it or until it has been disabled.
Some of the rail segments are electrified. They have an electric burst type effect, with a reflex save.
Tips and Misc
Unless you (literally) fall off the rails, the quest is very linear. There are some siderooms that you want to grab for crests/chests, but otherwise just follow the tracks/corridors and you'll pass two shrines on the way to the end room. The one exception is when you first hit the lower/lava level, the rail splits - go north to grab that crest first, then come back and take the northeast loop back up and on to the end.
The final boss (ARN-01D, a Marut, which is a type of Inevitable) is very tough and requires chaotic aligned weapons (True Chaos or Anarchic typically) to bypass his damage resistance. He does Thunder Punch (which blinds/stuns you - wear blindness immunity and sonic resistance), casts Order's Wrath, and will try to Hold you.
- Get Freedom of Movement if possible or have a light monk perform the Grasp the Earth Dragon finisher to prevent stuns.
- He also has four golems with him, which are a mix of clay golems and iron golems. Nothing in the room can be attacked until ARN-01D is able to be targeted, which is achieved by walking up to him. Once the fight begins, the door to the boss room slams shut and will not open for about a minute or two.
- One strategy is to kill his minions, kite the boss until the door opens, then pull the boss back to the large open room of the dungeon. The boss will stop at the end of the tunnel and will not walk on the rails. Once there you can safely range him without taking any damage. This also lets you be much closer to the shrine in case something goes wrong.
- Aggression bonus: 98 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 9 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 84 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 109 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 135 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 2 in the northeast tunnels
- 2 at the end
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Baked Clay Golem (view)||Construct||Golem|
|Clay Golem (view)||Construct||Golem|
|Duergar Acolyte (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Duergar Apprentice (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Duergar Barbarian (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Duergar Blacksmith (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Duergar Engineer (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Duergar Guard (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Duergar Laborer (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Duergar Surveyor (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Goethe Grimiron (view)||Dwarf||Dwarf|
|Iron Golem (view)||Construct||Golem|
|Tempered Iron Golem (view)||Construct||Golem|