While centered, a monk generates ki from the use of these weapons in melee, provided that the weapon causes damage to an enemy. Ranged weapons such as shurikens and bows do not generate ki when used in attacks.
All monks are proficient in the use the following ki weapons:
With the proper selection of feats, prestige enhancements or named weapon, some monks can remain centered while wielding other weapons as well.
- Longbow and Shortbow (requires Zen Archery feat)
- Longsword (requires Whirling Steel Strike feat)
- Shortsword (requires Basic Ninja Training)
- Dagger (requires Deadly Blades)
- Midnight Greetings or Epic Midnight Greetings (named weapon)
- Kensai who have invested in the One with the Blade enhancement can remained centered with their focus weapons.