The size of Khyber Dragonshard required depends on the number of Hit Dice the monster has:
- 10 or fewer Hit Dice require a Tiny Khyber Dragonshard
- 11-20 Hit Dice require a Small Khyber Dragonshard
- 21-30 Hit Dice require an Average Khyber Dragonshard
Once it is successfully cast, the dragonshard will disappear, and on the ground will be found some sort of soul gem, related to alignment and type of the creature that was killed.
Khyber Dragonshard Fragments are commonly required as ingredients for some Stone of Change recipes.
- Khyber Dragonshard Fragments can be found as loot in chests or from breakables.
- Tiny Khyber Dragonshard are sold by Gage Alzander in The Portable Hole, Monnys Orien in the Tower of the Twelve Foyer (In the Runes), and Ver'quea (Potions Option) in Amrath.
- These same vendors will also sell you Small Soul Bags, which allow you to store your trapped Soul Gems.
Shard combination at the Stone of Change
Fragments can be combined at a Stone of Change to make larger dragonshards:
|Dragonshards Needed||Dragonshard Created|
|1000 Khyber Dragonshard Fragments||10 Tiny Khyber Dragonshards|
|100 Tiny Khyber Dragonshards||20 Small Khyber Dragonshards|
|10 Small Khyber Dragonshards||4 Average Khyber Dragonshards|
Note that any time a stack of items is exhausted, the Stone of Change may stop working temporarily. Closing and re-opening the UI fixes this.