|Lesser Reincarnation||Heroic True Reincarnation||Racial Reincarnation||Iconic True Reincarnation||Epic Reincarnation|
|Past Life Feats||Racial Past Life Feats||Iconic Past Life Feats||Epic Past Life Feats|
Epic Reincarnation Summary
Epic Reincarnation can be abbreviated as ER, but is often incorrectly abbreviated as eTR for Epic True Reincarnation; Epic Reincarnation is not a form of True Reincarnation.
A character can only Epic Reincarnate when it meets the following conditions:
- Character is Level 30 (i.e. both Heroic and Iconic character can undergo ER)
- Character owns an Epic Heart of Wood
Obtaining an Epic Heart of Wood
- 100 Commendations of Valor can be traded for 1 Heart Seed
- Exchanging Commendations of Valor for Heart Seeds is useful as Commendations of Valor are Bound-to-Character, while Seeds are Bound-to-Account, allowing them to be traded between multiple characters for eTR purposes
Reincarnation Hearts are also sold in the DDO Store.
How Epic Reincarnation Works
For general information about how to perform any reincarnation, see How to Reincarnate.
When undergoing ER:
- Select the epic past life that you want to receive.
- Since it's effectively a Lesser Reincarnation:
- Quest progress is not reset, even for epic quests. Quests that you've already completed will not grant bravery bonus or first-time completion bonuses. Wilderness areas you've already explored will not grant explorer XP or early slayer milestones. Ransacked optional objectives will remain ransacked. If your normal levelling approach relies on first-time bonuses, you may need to adjust your playstyle after an ER.
- You will be required to respec your character and re-level to 20 (one level at a time) by talking to the NPC the next time you log in, regardless of whether you actually want to change anything. If you want to keep your exact build, make sure your build decisions and/or appearance are memorised or recorded somewhere. If you intend to TR immediately after ER, the levelling process will feel like a waste of time, but cannot be skipped.
- There is no need to empty out your Reincarnation Cache before ER. Your current items will be unequipped but remain in your inventory; nothing goes into the reincarnation cache.
- If you plan to ER then immediately undergo Heroic or Racial Reincarnation, it is advisable to empty your Cache before ER to save the need to head to a bank in between
- Any Favor accumulated does not change
- This also means an ER life that has received items or feats as favor rewards will not receive new items or feats until after the character undergoes a Heroic, Racial or Iconic Reincarnation
- You don't have to reincarnate right away talking to the Life-Shaper. However, once you flag your character for any reincarnation, you can no longer switch to a different reincarnation.