Archer Point Defense
You must move quickly to defeat the raiders who have sensed the weakness of Archer Point.
|Archer Point Defense|
|Takes place in:||The Marketplace|
|Bestowed by:||Jasper Cruikshank|
|NPC contact:||Jasper Cruikshank|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Purchase:||Free to Play|
Jasper Cruikshank, a mercenary leader, has a standing contract for the defense of Archer Point against bandits and raiders. Unfortunately, Jasper overcommitted himself to a 'secret' mission for the Coin Lords and left Archer Point bare of defenders. Speak with Jasper to arrange passage to Archer Point, then fend off the scavengers who are gathering nearby!
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Slay at least 45 enemies to clear a path for Carrack the Restless
- Kill the leader of the hobgoblins to break the raiders' morale
- Do not allow your enemies enough time to regroup
- (Optional) Kill the Ogre Shaman who has allied with the Hobgoblin raiders — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Timed quest (12.5 minutes)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if the hobgoblin chief is not killed and fewer than 45 monsters are killed before the time runs out)
Tips and Misc
- In spite of the name of the quest, this is actually a 12.5 minute timed offensive quest.
- Despite anything you may read from the map, an impassable wall of trees extending northwest from the fortress prevents direct travel between the north and west areas of the map. A similar, north–south wall prevents any access from the southern area directly to the two end-chests to the west, except by first going near the lone chest (at the northwest corner of the fortress) and then west/southwest, north of that lone stone.
- The lighting in any single instance of the quest can vary from broad daylight to full night time.
- There is a resurrection shrine (only) inside the starting area, in the southwest corner of the fortress, hard to your right (south) as you arrive.
- The only rest shrine (and its resurrection pairing) is to the east.
- Because of the time limit, dying at any point out of reach of a shrine (especially solo) can cost you success on the quest, because every second spent running a Soul stone (or returning from a tavern) is a second lost in the instance. If time is short, a party may be wiser to try to finish short-handed and resurrect unlucky members afterward.
- Once in the quest the 12:30 timer starts to count down. You'll have around 40 seconds (and possibly more, at least to the 11:50 mark on the countdown) to buff up before the front gate gets smashed down; this means you actually have less than 12 minutes to complete the quest.
- Due to the rough "J" shape that the paths on the map form, there is really only one route to take.
- (Optional) You shouldn't have any need to head up the northern path on the east side unless you're looking for extra kills. This may be necessary to find the required 45 enemies on Normal, and will be if going after the Conquest 68 kills bonus. If this is the case, head there first (and move quickly!), otherwise...
- Out of the gate go straight ahead (East), and veer left at the fork toward the shrine. Clear straight through to and around that area first, then backtrack up the path and follow the path clockwise – first south, then swinging west, and finally north along that wall of the fortress (keeping the fortress on your right).
- The lone chest is at the very northern end of that west path, tucked behind a tree against the wall of the fortress.
- To get to the end-fight and the 2 chests, you have to go almost to the northern end of the western path, and north of the lone stone shown on the map (to the west/northwest of the fortress). The way west may be hidden by bushes, but it's there. This is the only access to that area and those chests, despite the "path" you may see on the map.
- There are actually two Ogre Shamans in this instance, but only one of them (the west-most one, near where the Chief and the two chests are) counts for the objective. The other is at the lone chest at the very end of the west path.
- Aggression bonus: 43 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 56 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 68 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 8 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 11 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: If you want to achieve the 8–15% XP breakables bonus, you'll need to run past the Chief at the end, and break the many breakables around his camp before you kill him, as the quest will auto-complete on his death.
- Chests: 4
- 1 north of the fort
- 1 optional for killing the Ogre Shaman (found North-west of the fort)
- 2 at the end near the Hobgoblin Chief
- NPC rewards: Random
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Black Wolf ( view • )||Animal||Wolf|
|Bugbear Assassin ( view • )||Goblinoid||Bugbear|
|Bugbear Warrior ( view • )||Goblinoid||Bugbear|
|Hell Hound ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Hobgoblin Chief ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Cleric ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Guard ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Infiltrator ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Marksman ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Slayer ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Witch Doctor ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Ogre Shaman ( view • )||Giant||Ogre|
|Ogre ( view • )||Giant||Ogre|
|Worg ( view • )||Magical Beast||Wolf|