Thwarting the Threat
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|This page is about a quest that no longer exists in-game. It has been replaced by The Collaborator.|
|If you can verify that the quest still exists, please and remove this template.|
You stumbled across a great evil beneath the Wavecrest Tavern. Now you must find a way to destroy it.
|Thwarting the Threat|
|Takes place in:||Wavecrest Inn Basement|
|Bestowed by:||Sigmund Bauersom|
|NPC contact:||Sigmund Bauersom|
|Quest acquired in:||Wavecrest Tavern|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Base favor:||2 (solo only)|
|Free to Play:||No|
After returning Old Sully's Grog to Sigmund, he directs you to Brother Augustus, who destroys the artifact and sends you back into the basement for further exploration.
* Seek out the source of evil beneath the Wavecrest
- Escape from the collapsing cavern
- Kill the madman Jacoby Drexelhand
- (Optional) Search for Aida's lost necklace (16 XP)
- (Optional) Slay 10 kobolds (16 XP)
Tips and Misc
- There is a collectable mushroom in the same place it was in Taking Stock.
- There is one rest shrine located in this quest.
- There is a chest near the rest shrine containing loot.
- There is another collectable mushroom at the top of the ladder leading the the evil altar.
- There is a second chest containing Aida's Missing Necklace at the top of the ladder leading up to the ledge over the cavern containing the evil altar.
- There is a third chest after defeating Drexelhand containing loot.
- Completing Aida's Necklace quest will grant you the choice of one small gem bag or one small collectables bag.
- First time completion: +25% (73 XP)
- Monsters killed
- Discreet bonus (11 monsters): +5% (14 XP)
- Chests: 3
- Collectables: Mushroom (2x)
- NPC rewards: Choice of a small gem bag or a small collectables bag.