Lava Caves: Circles of Power
|Requires access to : Vaults of the Artificers|
(Note: This does NOT mean it requires purchase of anything, you may play with free daily tokens.)
|Lava Caves: Circles of Power|
|Duration:||Fixed time limit|
|Base XP Range:||800-3000|
|Takes place in:||Lava Caves|
|Challenge entrance(s) in:||House Cannith|
|Free to Play:||No|
|5 Star Difficulty:||Average|
Countless crystal deposits can be found inside this vast network of blistering hot caves.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Collect 150 crystals
- (Optional) Collect 300 crystals above your quota
- (Optional) Find the azure motes (5)
- (Optional) Do not buy any torches
- (Optional) Keep all kobolds alive
Note: You must complete the first star objective to receive experience & rewards from this Challenge.
None, however exploding purple crystals count as force traps, and the lava caves obviously feature lava, which can be a deadly obstacle sometimes.
Tips and Misc
- In the first room there is a magical circle, which will form a two-way portal for kobolds and players (and monsters!) with a kobold teleporter placed in a circle of power.
- Circles of Power appear as circles of swirling orange energy.
- Torches will link through both sides of the portal, allowing you to start a new torch line from any connected circle of power on the map.
- The Circle of Power and the Magic Circle have the same connection radius as a torch, and in that way can act as a torch themselves.
- While any activated Circle of Power will allow teleportation back to the Magic Circle, you and your kobolds may only teleport back out to the most recently activated Circle of Power.
- Kobolds can teleport back using any teleporter, even if it is not within a Circle of Power.
- Mote locations are random.
- Proof against poison items/Neutralize poison make life much easier. The dungeon is inhabited with scorpions, scorrow and drow.
- Kobold positions are marked on the map, allowing you to monitor their progress when not near them.
- Don't forget to gather the free torches near where you enter. The Kobolds can easily figure out how to get back to base with only one or two torches connected to the magic circle.
- Like the other Kobold Mining Union challenges, your Crystal Cove Pirate Hats will buff the Kobolds.
- After you obtain a set amount of dragonshards (about 150) over your quota, Scorrow Warriors will begin spawning in on the base. They do so only occasionally, but a single unchecked one will quickly tear through the Foreman and your remaining workers - this is the point at which you need to drop everything as soon as you hear "Incoming!".
Fixed: 20 Minutes
- Can only be increased by a maximum of one minute via the minute of time watch.
- Chests: One per red named killed.
- Drow Scorpions
- Crystal Scorpions Orange named Scorpions
- Fissure a red named rust monster