Through a Mirror Darkly
|Warning - The information on this page might be inaccurate due to game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking the "Edit" link above.
If you can verify that all the information on this page has been updated correctly, please edit this page and remove this template.
|Requires access to adventure pack: Shadowfell Conspiracy|
You find a small hand mirror as you enter the foyer of Oldstone Hall. The image in the mirror is dark and murky, but the glass pulses with a mysterious power.
|Through a Mirror Darkly|
|Heroic XP:||♣3,554 ♦6,166 ♥6,409 ♠6,652|
|Epic XP:||♣15,515 ♦20,890 ♥21,254 ♠21,618|
|Takes place in:||Oldstone Hall|
|NPC contact:||Jacinta Last|
|Quest acquired in:||Wheloon Docks|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
The headstrong adventurer Oriphaun Huntsilver has learned that the Netherese have obtained a Nether Scroll - and he wants you to help him take it away from him.
Go to Oldstone Hall inside Wheloon Prison, and meet Oriphaun Huntsilver there.
- This is the fifth and final quest of the Shadow Over Wheloon story arc, and requires completion of the first four quests to be flagged.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Help Oriphaum retrieve the Nether Scroll
- Use the Mirror of Shadows in your possession to enter the Shadowfell
- Gather Light Orbs - 4 total
- Gather Shadow Orbs - 4 total
- Defeat the Shade Wizard, Tyvrus
- (Optional) Defeat Auralace the Arcane Assassin (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Cygl'ghax the Shadow Beholder (22% of base XP)
- (Optional) Find all the Archwizard's Orders - 4 total (15% of base XP)
- Blades in chest room (pressure plate should be disarmed on Material Plane)
Tips and Misc
- This quest takes place in two near-mirror dimensions: the light and the shadow side. They can be distinguished by the mini-map; the Shadowfell's mini-map has a purplish tinge, while the real world's mini-map is the normal black.
- Acid, Cold, and Fire resistance is helpful.
- You may come upon some hostile Dragon Knights and War Wizards; they're being controlled by Shadow Puppeteers, and if you kill *these* the Cormyreans will switch sides.
- Upon entering the quest, each player receives a mirror that can be used to travel to the other dimension.
- Players need to switch dimensions to bypass blocked doors and collect four orbs in each dimension. Character/group location on the map is very important - check frequently as a passageway may continue in the "other" dimension.
- It is not advisable to teleport into the middle of an unexplored room as this can send a player right into a group of Shades and Shadar-Kai Assassins, resulting in a swift death on elite difficulties.
- Placing all eight orbs in their pedestals opens up a passage to the end fight.
- During the end fight, Shadar-Kai will periodically spawn in both dimensions and the boss will periodically teleport to the other dimension, leaving behind an invulnerable image of himself. In the Shadowfell you'll be fighting Assassins and Blackguards, while you'll only be facing Shar Worshippers in the real world; he will return in a minute or two, so it may be worthwhile to simply stay in one plane and take the time to heal/rebuff between encounters.
- Locations of the Light Orbs (all in the real world):
- The First is in the southeast room on the bottom floor.
- The Second is in the southwest room of the top floor, guarded by Auralace and several shadar-kai assassins.
- The Third is in the middle room off the eastern corridor on the top floor.
- The Fourth is in the northwest room on the bottom floor.
- Locations of the Shadow Orbs (all in the Shadowfell):
- The First is in the room along the south corridor on the bottom floor.
- The Second is on a balcony on the top floor along the eastern corridor, overlooking the entrance.
- The Third is on the top floor at the western end of the northern corridor.
- The Fourth is in the northeast room on the bottom floor.
- Locations of the Orders (all in the Shadowfell):
- The First is on a table immediately after you enter the Shadowfell.
- The Second is in a room off the eastern corridor on the top floor.
- The Third is in the northeast room on the top floor.
- The Fourth is in a room off the north corridor, on the bottom floor.
- Cygl'ghax may (will?) appear in a pit just beyond the third Shadow Orb (the one on the balcony); he will only spawn after you've gone over the edge.
- Aggression bonus: 143 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 187-189 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 221-228 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 48-52 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 62 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Traps bonus may not be possible due to trapsmiths.
- Chests: Two to Four
- NPC rewards: Always contains the following named Armor, along with three random items
- Heroic (ML 16)
- Hero's Breastplate (Level 16) Medium Armor - +5 Enhancement Bonus, Heroism
- Hero's Leathers (Level 16) Light Armor - +5 Enhancement Bonus, Heroism
- Hero's Plate (Level 16) Heavy Armor - +5 Enhancement Bonus, Heroism
- Martial Outfit (Level 16) Outfit - Armor Bonus +7, Heroism
- Outsider's Furs (Level 16) Docent - +5 Enhancement Bonus, Heroism
- Sage's Vestment (Level 16) Robe - Armor Bonus +7, Heroism
- Epic (ML 27)
- Hero's Breastplate (Level 27) Medium Armor - +10 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Heroism
- Hero's Leathers (Level 27) Light Armor - +10 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Heroism
- Hero's Plate (Level 27) Heavy Armor - +10 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Heroism
- Martial Outfit (Level 27) Outfit - Armor Bonus +12, Greater Heroism
- Outsider's Furs (Level 27) Docent - +10 Enhancement Bonus, Greater Heroism
- Sage's Vestments (Level 27) Robe - Armor Bonus +12, Greater Heroism
Note: These armors can have their enchantments stripped at Cannith Crafting chamber and still retain their armor bonuses as ML1 craftables. Probably not WAI.
Named Chest Drop
- Skullduggery Kit - Belt (beholder chest, end chest)
- Shadowsight - Goggles (beholder chest, end chest)
- Dragon Knights - human fighters; don't appear in MM (CR: HE 20)
- Enforcer Recruits - human fighters; don't appear in MM
- Howler (CR: HE 20)
- Mimics - CR 20
- Netherese Arcanists - human casters; don't appear in MM (CR: HE 21)
- Netherese Mage - human caster; doesn't appear in MM (CR: HE 20)
- Priests of Shar - human clerics
- Priestesses of Shar - human cleric; may not appear in MM
- Shadar-Kai Assassins (CR: HE 23)
- Shadar-Kai Blackguards (CR: HE 23)
- Shade (CR: HE 23)
- Shade Arcanists (CR: HE 24)
- Shadows (CR: HE 19)
- Shadow Puppeteers (CR: HE 23)
- Shadow Stalkers (CR: HE ??)
- Shar Worshippers - human; don't appear in MM (CR: HE 16)
- Trapsmith Recruits - halfling rogues
- War Wizard - Human wizard; doesn't appear in MM (CR: HE 20)