A Lesson in Deception
Someone is recruiting the gangs inside Wheloon to take part of a larger scheme. Your task is to find out who and why by pretending to be a criminal for hire.
|Requires access to : Shadowfell Conspiracy|
|A Lesson in Deception|
|Takes place in:||Warehouse District|
|Bestowed by:||Gaspry Bennik|
|NPC contact:||Gaspry Bennik|
|Quest acquired in:||Wheloon Docks|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
Someone is trying to organize all the criminals in Wheloon Prison into a single gang. The Cormyrean authorities want to know who's behind this, so they're sending in a group of agents pretending to be new gang recruits.
Go to the Warehouse District inside Wheloon Prison and meet up with the other agents.
- This is the second quest in the Shadow Over Wheloon story arc, although you can complete the first four quests in any order to flag for the final one.
- Find the mysterious voice
- (Optional) Save Odo from the thugs Heroic: +15% Bonus. Epic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Save Sabina from the fire Heroic: +20% Bonus. Epic: +20% Bonus.
- (Optional) Keep all of your allies alive Heroic: +22% Bonus. Epic: +22% Bonus.
- Dart traps between the two gates in the lizardfolk tunnels, triggered by pressure plates in front of the levers. The plates also serve as control panels.
- Trapsmiths may lay poison boobytraps which will screw up the count and render the Tamper bonus unachievable.
Tips and Misc
- Useful resists: Acid, Fire
- Things that will cause the Mysterious Voice to kill an ally:
- Using either rest shrine
- Saving Odo
- Saving Sabina
- Looting the locked chest behind the locked door
- Slaying all the dogs in the dog pen (Note that the dogs running around town and even the dogs sleeping near the Dog Wrangler don't count, merely the ones behind the closed gate.)
- There are several gates that automatically open after killing the nearby enemies; no sneaking through this quest.
- Mobs may get stuck in a wall or building. This can keep a gate from opening if you can't somehow kill them.
- The sewage in the center of the lizardfolk tunnels give you a penalty to Charisma, Hide, and Move Silently... but fortunately, only while you're in the sewage itself.
- The drainage levers in the sewers will spawn lizardfolk ambushes. These levers will need to be pulled to open the gate for you to exit the sewers.
- There's a dropdown point near the end of the quest; if you plan on going back, bring DDoor along.
- There are three ladders at the endfight (one in the west, behind the lean-to with the Howler, and two to the north; you can push them over, but as long as one is still up, three Shar Worshipers will continue to spawn a few seconds after the last one is killed.)
- Stanwicke will stand there with a shield up watching as long as his head minion, Tulla, remains alive
- If you wish to farm kills for the slayer bonus, it's worthwhile to push down the two northern ladders and gather somewhere out of his sight; as long as Stanwicke doesn't see you, he won't start attacking. The northwest corner was good for that despite him being in plain sight, as he simply stares straight ahead. The lean-to may also be a good place, as the third ladder is right there for easy pushing once you hit Conquest.
- Odo can be found in the deadend just beyond where Shar Worshippers start to show. The objective doesn't complete (and the ally doesn't get killed) until you speak to Odo, you may be able to kill the thugs (for Conquest) and move on.
- Sabina can be found north of Odo, in a burning building behind a locked door. Opening the door will cause several Shar Worshippers to attack you (guess they're not grateful you opened the door so THEY can get out...). Sabina (and her chest) is up the stairs past some gargoyles. Again, the objective doesn't complete (and the ally isn't lost) until you talk to Sabina.
- The door lever by the locked chest will open a door to the first part of the quest; if you plan on going back for shrines (and eventual DDoor retreat), be sure to pull it to save time going through the sewers.
- Aggression bonus: 153 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: ~200 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 245 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 51 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 66 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: Total 5 chests; however, only a maximum of 4 can be gotten.
- One for rescuing Sabina
- One (locked) behind locked door
- One in dog cage; locked until you kill all the dogs sleeping around it
- One for keeping all your allies alive; however, the other optionals disappear when you complete the quest, making this chest and the above three mutually exclusive.
- End chest may drop Glorious Dawn and Prison Break
- Collectables: 4
- Adventurer's Pack at the end of the alley southeast of the first set of shrines
- Adventurer's Pack in the sewer northwest of the double gate
- Adventurer's Pack on a ledge near the first gargoyles
- Cabinet in with the second set of shrines
- NPC rewards: Always contains the following named Belts, along with three random items
Named Chest Drop
- Prison Break - Dwarven War Axe - - End chest
- ML14: 1.50 [1d10], , HRandom Effect,
- ML15: 1.50 [1d10], , HRandom Effect,
- ML16: 2 [1d10], , HRandom Effect,
- HRandom Effect: , , , , , , , , , <TBD>
- ML25: 2 [1d10], , ERandom Effect,
- ML26: 2 [1d10], , ERandom Effect,
- ML27: 2 [1d10], , ERandom Effect, ,
- ERandom Effect: Magma , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
|Stanwicke Gall (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Tulla Chymbal (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Condemned Burglar (Human) (NoPic)||Humanoid||Human|
|Condemned Enforcer (NoPic)||Humanoid||Human|
|Condemned Thug (NoPic)||Humanoid||Human|
|Condemned Trapsmith (Human) (NoPic)||Humanoid||Human|
|Gargoyle (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Gargoyle|
|Granite Gargoyle (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Gargoyle|
|Howler (view)||Evil Outsider||Howler|
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 18:25:58 result from cache, age: 17:58:06 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)