Friends in Low Places
|Requires access to adventure pack: Shadowfell Conspiracy|
Wheloon's network of drainage culverts has become a haven for those seeking refuge from the violence of the streets above.
|Friends in Low Places|
|Heroic XP:||♣3,487 ♦6,050 ♥6,288 ♠6,526|
|Epic XP:||♣15,627 ♦26,804 ♥27,562 ♠28,319|
|Takes place in:||Drainage Culverts|
|Bestowed by:||Faline Abbot|
|NPC contact:||Faline Abbot|
|Quest acquired in:||Wheloon Docks|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
Some Wheloon natives, innocent of any crime, are under siege by convicts inside the Prison.
Go to the Drainage Culverts inside Wheloon Prison, help the natives, and tell their leader Seth Wentalle are those on the outside working to free the inoccents.
- This is the first quest in the Shadow Over Wheloon story arc, although you can complete the first four quests in any order to flag for the final one.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find a back way into Harvest Hall
- Speak with the survivor near the entrance
- Obtain a Bat Crest to access Harvest Hall
- Obtain a Snake Crest to access Harvest Hall
- Speak with the Leader of Harvest Hall
- (Optional) Intercept the Northeastern enemy assault (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Protect the Elder of the Eastern Camp (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Protect the Elder of the Western Camp (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Protect the Elder of the Southern Camp (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Protect the Eastern Camp infirmary (13% of base XP)
- (Optional) Find and talk to the lost niece near the Northern Camp (15% of base XP)
- Poison Spell Wards behind the secret door in the Western Camp, surrounding the chest
- Poison Spell Wards south of the Western Camp
- Poison Boobytraps south of the Eastern Camp
- Poison Spell Wards south of the Southern Camp
Tips and Misc
- This quest appears to scale the number of enemies (like The Weapons Shipment) based on the party size. On Epic Normal, a solo player may be able to complete alone provided they are self-sufficient.
- Acid & fire resistance is useful.
- The Spell Wards' glow lights up the room, even if they're not 'found' yet; once the last one is disabled, the glow dies down.
- Barricades counts towards your Kills count, not your Breakables count.
- There is an ambush at each camp after you speak to each Elder. Try to keep the Elders alive (you can buff them prior to the fight, and heal them during). Multiple waves of Deadeyes, Thugs, and Trapsmiths (all of the human variety).
- The fight at the Southern Camp comes from several different directions, including a red-named; don't allow yourself to get drawn away from the Elder if you're going for that bonus.
- During waves of attacks there will be trapmakers going around laying bomb like traps. Neutralize them early or enjoy the surprises while you explore a room.
- There is a trap corridor with doors that rise up and can separate the party. Inside are many archers that shoot irresistible poison arrows from elevated walkways. There is a ladder up to the walkways, but you will get plugged the whole way up.
- On EH, the damage was insane from at least 8 archers.
- On EE, the best way to deal with the archers seemed to be: Hug one wall & hide below bridge. So only a few archers can attack you. Then range them from below and kill them on by one. At least on EE climbing the ladder is suicide unless you got tons of PRR, hp, ...
- The shrine south of the trapped hallway is guarded by an ambush. Beware if you're low on HP!
- You can use the Hidden Passageways to quickly make your way to camps you've already visited. You may need to successfully save the Elder at a camp to use that particular one.
- There is a huge ambush at the end of the quest - red named supplemented with many waves of support; almost instant red alert. A lot of archers which can be problematic as you cannot kite them and they spread out. They tended to move out of static AoE effects too.
- The boss seems to call the waves when she gets to certain amounts of damage; it may be worthwhile to leave off attacking her and switching to the trash spawns.
- The AI in these encounters appears to be improved. Enemies spread out and flank you. Casters and ranged hold off and spread out. In most of the main encounters, you can't pull a few at a time - it seems to be all or nothing. The main challenge is the sheer number of attackers - the ability to crowd control is an important tool in this quest, otherwise you get overwhelmed.
- You can get the "find the lost niece" optional by talking to the Elder in the Western Camp. She will be in that first passageway just past the Northern Camp; you will need to to Spot and Search her (just Search doesn't do the trick; she's standing on a pile of rubble along the southern wall). No extra loot, so may as well just DDoor back after completing the quest for the XP.
- Aggression bonus: ~176 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 228 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 270-280 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 34-35 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 44 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 56 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Due to all the trapsmiths laying traps and thus increasing the count, a traps bonus may be impossible to achieve.
- Chests: 4 found so far
- One on top of waterfall in the northeast, defended by Lizardfolk
- One in a hidden room at the Western Camp, surrounded by spellwards
- One at the end
- One extra at the end for saving all the camp elders
- NPC rewards: Always contains the following named Necklaces along with three random items:
- Heroic (ML 15)
- Epic (ML 26)
Named Chest Drop
- ML14: Charisma +6, HRandom Effect, Colorless Augment Slot
- ML15: Charisma +6, HRandom Effect, Yellow Augment Slot
- ML16: Charisma +7, HRandom Effect, Yellow Augment Slot
- ML25: Charisma +8, ERandom Effect, Yellow Augment Slot
- ML26: Charisma +9, ERandom Effect, Yellow Augment Slot
- ML27: Charisma +10, ERandom Effect, Yellow Augment Slot
- ML14: [1d2], Returning, +4 Enhancement Bonus, Solar I, Flaming II, Ghostbane I, Red Augment Slot
- ML15: [1d2], Returning, +5 Enhancement Bonus, Solar I, Flaming II, Ghostbane II, Red Augment Slot
- ML16: [1d2], Returning, +5 Enhancement Bonus, Solar II, Flaming III, Ghostbane II, Red Augment Slot
- ML25: 2[1d2], Returning, +7 Enhancement Bonus, Solar IV, Flaming V, Ghostbane IV, Red Augment Slot
- ML26: 2[1d2], Returning, +8 Enhancement Bonus, Solar IV, Flaming V, Ghostbane V, Red Augment Slot
- ML27: 2[1d2], Returning, +8 Enhancement Bonus, Solar V, Flaming VI, Ghostbane V, Red Augment Slot
- Lizardfolk (CR29-33 on EH)
- Prisoners (CR29-32 on EH)
- Orange named Bosses (CR33? on EH)
- Red named Bosses (CR36 on EH)
- Condemned Burglar - halfling (CR: HE 20) and human (CR: HE 20)
- Condemned Deadeyes - human archers (CR: HE 20)
- Condemned Enforcers - human melee (CR: HE 21)
- Condemned Thugs - human melee; some don't show HP if you have Human Expertise (CR: HE 17)
- Condemned Trapsmith - halfling (CR: HE 17) and human (CR: HE 20)
- Lizardfolk Archers (CR: HE 23)
- Lizardfolk Scavengers (CR: HE 17)
- Lizardfolk Shamans (CR: HE 23)
- Lizardfolk Warriors (CR: HE 23)