Walled off with stone and magic, Wheloon Prison houses Cormyr's most dangerous criminals ... as well as the kingdom's most fanatic Shar worshippers.
Wheloon Prison ♦HeroicNormal
map - Spoilers!
Wheloon Prison ●EpicEpic
map - Spoilers!
Wheloon Prison is a Level 15 Heroic/Level 25 Epic Wilderness adventure area accessible from Wheloon Docks.
To access Wheloon Prison, go to the center of town, up the big ramp behind the NPCs and the crates. Enter through the portal at the top of the ramp. This area may require the purchase the Wheloon Content Pack.
Here you can find Snake, who can send you back to Wheloon Docks through some hidden tunnels.
A small hideout that have a few burglars inside. You can also find Journal #20 inside (both heroic and epic)
A vast mansion inside the prison. Some doors are locked. You can find one of the keys laying around in a random location in the prison, and the other two doors can be open by completing the Random Encounters Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained (key given by Nil), and A Ray of Hope (door unlocked by Adara Semple). You can find Journals #17 inside the manor. Journal #8 is always locked: On Heroic, behind the random key west door. On Epic, behind the east locked door unlocked by Adara.
An old bookstore that still have some secrets. You will complete the random encounter The Magistrate's Menace there. Journal #16 is also laying around.
This tavern is usually filled with netherese army or telekinetic spell wards. You can also find Hunkajunk or Triste Blackwold here.
Inside the Oldstone Halls, you will find this barn. Inside, you might find a Shadow Puppeteer and his puppets, Nichts Volpe, Okage, Hush, The Black Eye, or The Dark Maw. Locked behind some bars is also the Journal #15
Unlike most explorer zones, Wheloon Prison has some Poison traps around their zone. They are randomly placed by trapsmiths throughout the area and can be disabled as any normal traps. Sometimes you might also find some Spell Wards.
- Poison Boobytrap: DC ♦?-47Normal ●?-51Epic
- Evil Spell Ward: DC ♦?-53Normal ●?-67Epic
In addition to the Rare Encounter / Slayer / Explorer missions typical to all Wilderness Adventure Areas, the missions for the Shadow Over Wheloon story arc can be found in this zone:
Tizzick (transporter NPC)
He transports you to a quest location of your choice from nearby the entrance, for 3 Astral Shard each.
Fingers the Fence (Random vendor NPC)
Randomly you might find him in Wheloon. He sells a unique Glamered Clothing (Ragged Rags) for 20 Astral Shards, and you can buy Elixir of Angels Tears (2d6+14 universal healing), Potion of Alertness +20 (+20 competence bonus to Spot, Listen and Search for 20 minutes), Potion of Jumping +30, or Potion of Negative Level Removal (one single negative level) for 5 Astral Shards each.
A key appears in random locations lying on the ground. This key unlocks the first floor west side door in Shar Manor. The only thing of value in the two rooms inside is Oraphaun's Missive #8 on Heroic.
- You need to talk to the Wheloon natives and succeed at one of several checks; failure results in them turning hostile. Note that Shadow Puppeteers can control them; if you see a hostile native, there's probably a Puppeteer around. Killing the Puppeteer will release the native.
- Slayer Count Boosts also apply to Liberator.
- Ability checks depends on your pure ability. Skill checks have a roll.
- (Strength Check) Threaten to beat them silly if they don't go: Requires ♦37-?Normal ●54-?Epic
- (Intelligence Check) Explain the nature of the world and why they are better off not being in this particular part of it: Requires ♦45-46Normal ●56-58Epic
- (Wisdom Check) Remind them about their loved ones and how much they want to see them again: Requires ♦37-?Normal ●46-58Epic
- (Bluff Roll) Use reverse psychology on them. Sure, go ahead and stay here! No one cares whether they die: DC ♦41-43Normal ●34-50Epic
- (Intimidate Roll) Threaten to leave them here to be eaten by Shadows: DC ♦36-?Normal ●43-67Epic
- (Diplomacy Roll) Persuade them that leaving right away is the shrewd choice: DC ♦41Normal ●59-61Epic
- (Unskilled Attempt) Make something up and hope it works: Only use this option if you want to add the native to your slayer count, or if you are sure you can't succeed in any other check.
- (Donate 6 astral shards) Tell them to bribe the lizardfolk to escort them out of the Prison: Always succeeds
- Save 3 innocents: ♦640 XPNormal ●2,778 XPEpic
- Save 5 innocents: ♦701 XPNormal ●3,486 XPEpic
- Save 10 innocents: ♦897 XPNormal ●4,431 XPEpic
- Save 15 innocents: ♦1,053 XPNormal ●???? XPEpic
- Save 25 innocents: ♦1,293 XPNormal ●6339 XPEpic
- Save 40 innocents: ♦1,545 XPNormal ●7541 XPEpic
- Save 70 innocents: ♦2,201 XPNormal ●9573 XPEpic
- Save 100 innocents: ♦2,187 XPNormal ●???? XPEpic
- Slay 10 hostile creatures inside Wheloon: ♦645 XP (64.50 xp per kill)Normal ●3,135 XPEpic
- Slay 25 hostile creatures inside Wheloon: ♦873 XP (58.20 xp per kill)Normal ●4,215 XPEpic
- Slay 50 hostile creatures inside Wheloon: ♦1,185 XP (47.40 xp per kill)Normal ●5,655 XPEpic
- Slay 100 hostile creatures inside Wheloon: ♦2,526 XP (50.52 xp per kill)Normal ●8,190 XPEpic
- Slay 200 hostile creatures inside Wheloon: ♦2,805 XP (28.05 xp per kill)Normal ●12,765 XPEpic
- Slay 400 hostile creatures inside Wheloon: ♦4,875 XP (24.38 xp per kill)Normal ●21,675 XPEpic
- Slay 750 hostile creatures inside Wheloon: ♦8,145 XP (23.27 xp per kill)Normal ●35,685 XPEpic
- Slay 1500 hostile creatures inside Wheloon: ♦16,875 XP (22.50 xp per kill)Normal ●72,900 XPEpic
- Slay 3000 hostile creatures inside Wheloon: ♦34,125? XPNormal ●146,325 XPEpic
- Slay 5000 hostile creatures inside Wheloon: ♦47,475 XPNormal ●203,175 XPEpic
- Slay 7500 hostile creatures inside Wheloon: ♦62,025 XPNormal ●265,125 XPEpic
Rare Encounters: Inmates of Wheloon Prison
XP per encounter: ♦900Normal ●4,200Epic
Bonus XP for solving all encounters: ♦5,400Normal ●25,200Epic
67% repetition penalty
- Slay Sombra, Priestess of Shar - Shar Manor
- Slay Salitre, Condemned Saboteur - Criminal Hideout
- Slay Zastra, Condemned Crime Boss - Criminal Hideout
- Slay Zisskord, Lizardfolk Mystic
- Slay Nichts Volpe, Mistress of the Hounds - Decrepit Barn or Netherese Tavern
- Slay Garggalor, Granite Gargoyle Guardian
- Slay Hunkajunk, the Animated Object - Netherese Tavern
- Slay Triste Blackwold, Netherese Subjugator - Netherese Tavern
- Slay Baba, The Night Hag
- Slay Okage, the Shadow Puppeteer (Heroic) - Decrepit Barn
- Slay Hush, the Shadow Stalker (Heroic) - Decrepit Barn
- Slay The Black Eye, (Beholder) Knower of Shadows (Epic) - Decrepit Barn
- Slay The Dark Maw, the Nightcrawler (Epic) - Decrepit Barn
- Slay Lord Monte, Right Cross of Darkness (Heroic)
- Slay Trassex, Shade Lord of Lords (Epic)
Note: many of the rare encounters can occur inside of buildings as well as the wilderness itself
Wheloon Prison: Random Encounters
XP per encounter: Varies
Bonus XP for solving all encounters: ♦8,100Normal ●25,200 XPEpic
No repeat penalty
- A Ray of Hope Find Adara Semple, the MorninglordAdara Semple, Morninglord and defender of the people, is looking for help in her battles against the forces of the Shadowfell - Speak to Adara (becomes Lead Adara Semple to the Shar Manor) and get her to follow you. She'll run off and fight everything she sees (and she has x-ray vision), including rats and dogs, plus she'll spawn shadows. Unfortunately, she won't follow you through the Drainage Tunnels, but she *will* follow you over rooftops. It may be worthwhile to go through the tunnels and work your way back to the gate to clear the area, though. ♦750 XPNormal ●2,250 XPEpic No chest, but leads directly to...
- Light of the Morninglord Speak with Adara Semple, the MorninglordAdara Semple has sensed "a great darkness" in this Manor. Help her confront and smite it. - Speak to Adara once more, and escort her to the east wing of Shar Manor. There she will unlock the door to the basement, where you will find a fun little ambush... and on Epic, Tyvrus's Missive #8. ♦750 XPNormal ●2,250 XPEpic Chest (& Missive #8 on Epic)
- A Fellow Traveler Find Oriphaun HuntsilverSpeak with the wandering wizard Oriphaun Huntsilver. ♦100 XPNormal ●300 XPEpic No chest.
- In Search of Knowledge Protect the War WizardYou find a note listing a War Wizard as an assassination target. It indicates she is in the shade controlled area of Wheloon prison (near Oldstone Hall). - Find and protect the War Wizard from the assassins. Warning - she is Coyle's cousin, very squishy and loves aggro. Get there quickly. ♦500 XPNormal ●1500 XPEpic Chest.
- The Abandoned Chest Investigate the Treasure ChestA Treasure Chest has been left out on the streets of Wheloon. First come, first served. - It's a trap! (Duh...) Defeat the shadow ambush to claim your prize. ♦500 XPNormal ●1,500 XPEpic Chest.
- Lost In The Shadowfell Find the Cormyrean MagistrateA Cormyrean Magistrate is hiding in the Netherese Tavern. You must convince him you are not his enemy - 2 skill / ability checks - NOTE: currently glitched, sometimes says Cormyreans were killed even though you killed shadow puppeteers and passed skill check. If this happens, encounter fails and you are prevented from going to part 2. ♦500 XPNormal ●500 XPEpic No chest.
- Lost In The Shadowfell part 2 Save the Cormyrean MagistrateYou must convince the Cormyrean Magistrate hiding in the Netherese Tavern to leave - 1 skill / ability check. Adds to Liberator count - ♦500 XPNormal ●500 XPEpic Chest.
- Big Bullies Rescue the Wheloon ElderA Wheloon elder is being threatened by some thugs. Be a good samaritan and offer and offer a hand. - Talk to the Elder and then fight off the thugs. ♦250 XPNormal ●750 XPEpic No chest.
- Bigger Bullies Rescue the Cormyrean MagistrateA Cormyrean has been taken hostage by some thugs. Be the hero! - Talk to the Magistrate and then fight off the thugs. Unlike the Elder, the Magistrate simply stands there cringing and whimpering. ♦250 XPNormal ●750 XPEpic No chest.
- The Knight's Fall Warn the Purple Dragon KnightA Shadar Kai dropped an assassination list when you killed him. It has two target names - yours and a Purple Dragon Knight. - Find the Knight and warn him of the assassination attempt. Then help him fight off the Shadar Kai assassins. ♦500 XPNormal ●500 XPEpic Chest.
- The Wizard's Woe Protect the War WizardA Shadar Kai dropped an assassination list when you killed him. It has two target names - yours and a War Wizard. - Find the Wizard and protect him from the assassination attempt. Must find him quickly before the assassination occurs. ♦500 XPNormal ●500 XPEpic Chest.
- The Magistrate's Menace Protect the Cormyrean MagistrateA Cormyrean Magistrate is hiding in the bookstore. Protect him when attacked by local thugs. - ♦500 XPNormal ●500 XPEpic No chest.
- Food Supply Help the Wheloon Natives get some foodFood has arrived in the city of Wheloon. Yet criminals made off with it before the Wheloon natives could take any. - Defend a group of Wheloonites from several waves of food; at the end, you'll get a The criminals have been defeated. The natives can now safely take the food back to Harvest Hall notice, but there will be no reward granted and it won't appear in your Quest Journal. Additionally, if you hang around Wheloon long enough, you may later get a Failure notification about the natives dying. ♦500 XPNormal ●500 XPEpic No chest.
- The Ancient Chest Find the mimicIn bookstore hidden room, mimic is dismayed you have discovered him. Protect him from waves of criminals for reward. ♦350 XPNormal ●750 XPEpic Possible chest for killing mimic.
- Shades of Conquest Disrupt the Shade's battle briefingA shade lord is holding a battle briefing in the square near the north entrance to Oldstone Hall area . Disrupt the briefing by killing everything ♦350 XPNormal ●1050 XPEpic Chest.
- Rest for the Weary (Part 1) Find the Tidy LassA tidy lass beckons you to rest from your weary travels - A Night Hag disguised as a tidy lass invites you to rest from your adventures. Accept (or suspect it's a trap) and you will fall asleep and be taken to part 2 ♦0 XPNormal ●0 XPEpic No chest, but leads directly to...
- Rest for the Weary (Part 2) Rest?A tidy lass beckoned you to rest from your weary travels. The next thing you knew, you woke up on a tavern floor. Something doesn't seem right. Perhaps you should investigate. - You can speak to anyone in the tavern except the bartender; however, there are a few Tidy Lasses about (if you have Human Expertise, their HP will show). You can accuse them all of being the hag, but they may merely get insulted and do nothing. Unmask the real one, and all the Tidy Lasses, as well as the hag, will attack; Kill the Hag and you fall asleep once more, only to awaken at the shrine near Friends in Low Places. The Hag's body lies next to the shrine. ♦750 XPNormal ●2,250 XPEpic Two chests.
- Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained Find NilA Bard by the name of Nil asked you to retrieve some heavily guarded documents from a chamber in Shar Manor. Infiltrate the Manor, find the Cryptic Documents, and return them to Nil. First, talk to Nil and get the Shar Manor Chamber Key. Changes to:
- Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained Bring the documents from Shar Manor to Nil.Next, go to Shar Manor. Head upstairs and to the north and through the locked door to find the documents. (There's also a locked chest behind the bed) ♦600 XPNormal ●1,900 XPEpic Chest (plus locked chest in Shar Manor)
Oriphaun's Journal in Wheloon Prison ♦Heroic
Each journal is worth ♦495 XPNormal, with a ♦2,970 XPNormal bonus for finding everything.
- Oriphaun's 1st Wheloon Journal: Time for me to begin. If I'm right, this is what I've always dreamed of. Of course there's still the small matter of making my way through a prison full of hostile inmates. Still, if I had wanted the quiet life, I would have stayed at court.
- Oriphaun's 2nd Wheloon Journal: Netheril has always been a threat to Cormyr. Yet they were always far away, off beyond our western borders. Now the Netherese are here, deep in Cormyr's interrior. What I cannot fathom in this - how did a horde of hostile Netherese get inside the prison?
- Oriphaun's 3rd Wheloon Journal: I came here looking for another prize to add to my collection, yet here I am trying to defend my homeland from Netherese invaders. Not exactly what I had planned. Though someone who goes out looking for adventure can hardly complain when he finds it.
- Oriphaun's 4th Wheloon Journal: Spent the day at Harvest Hall. Its inhabitants claim that they have nothing to do with either the Shar worshippers or the criminals. Alas, they know nothing about the relic I'm after. So I bade them farewell and continued my search.
- Oriphaun's 5th Wheloon Journal: Wheloon was a prosperous trading town before it became a prison. Now it's a cesspool. I'll need to use great deal of caution while I'm here. The inhabitants are anythng but friendly.
- Oriphaun's 6th Wheloon Journal: The Netherese are here. I've seen their wizards boldly walking the streets without a care in the world. Yet what brings them all the way to Wheloon? It must have something to do with the Shar worshippers. After all, they follow the same dark goddess.
- Oriphaun's 7th Wheloon Journal: They walled up this town to imprison the Shar worshippers. Yet there must have been others - people who had nothing to do with the shadow goddess and her cult. May amaunator bring light to any innocents trapped inside this darkness!
- Oriphaun's 8th Wheloon Journal: This is hardly the place you'd expect to find an artifact of such power - or an artifact collector like myself. I admit that it's a bit mad to break into a prison. Yet who could resist the temptation of such a prize?
- Oriphaun's 9th Wheloon Journal: I found myself lost in the Shadowfell, trying to find my way back. Imagine my surprise when the shadows themselves sprang up from the ground and attacked me! They can be troublesome foes, as insubstantial as, well, shadows. Though they flee the light, just as you would expect.
- Oriphaun's 10th Wheloon Journal: I paid the lizardfolk a considerable sum to smuggle me through their tunnels and into the prison. That amused the scarly brutes quite a bit. Apparently the magistrates pay them handsomely to keep the prisoners from using the tunnels to escape. Ah well. I've always swum against the current!
- Oriphaun's 11th Wheloon Journal: It can only be a Nether scroll - that is the only artifact I know of that could do what I've seen here. And now all the power is in the hands of Cormyr's enemies. Upon my honor, I will not let Netheril succeed.
- Oriphaun's 12th Wheloon Journal: The Netherese are recruiting prisoners to their side. Mostly Shar worshippers, of course. Could it be that the Netherese came here hoping to build up an army? Yet what good is an army trapped inside prison walls?
- Oriphaun's 13th Wheloon Journal: I've been watching the Netherese and it seems they're using Oldstone Hall as their base. And that means that they're the ones in control of the artifact. This makes my task much more difficult. If I go into Oldstone Hall, will I come back alive?
- Oriphaun's 14th Wheloon Journal: Finding my way through these twisting streets can be a bit of a challenge. Perhaps I'll try climbing up to the rooftops. If nothing else I'll get a better view of the area.
- Oriphaun's 15th Wheloon Journal: Now I understand what they're doing. Netheril is using the Shadowfell to travel here and build an army out of the Shar worshippers. When they're doing, they'll travel through the shadowfell again and use the army to strike in the very heart of Cormyr.
- Oriphaun's 16th Wheloon Journal: I just slipped into the Shadowfell again. Now I'm sure that my theory is correct. Only a very powerfull artifact could make the barriers between our world and the shadow plane so weak. Yet who is using this artifact, and why? I shall do my best to find out.
- Oriphaun's 17th Wheloon Journal: A Huntsilver in prison - now what would my family make of it? No doubt some of them would say it's axactly where I belong. To them there's no worse crime than soiling the family name with my "treasure-hunting", as they call it.
- Oriphaun's 18th Wheloon Journal: I've seen strange people with ashen skin patrolling this part of the prison. If I know my planar lore then they must be Shadar-kar from the Shadowfell. The ones here seem to serve the Netherese as bodyguards ... or assassins.
- Oriphaun's 19th Wheloon Journal: Wheloon Prison is filled with the kingdom's worst murderers, thieves and bandits ... and to reach my goal I'll need to make it past them all. Time to put my training to the test. My uncle would be pleased to know that his lessons did not go to waste.
- Oriphaun's 20th Wheloon Journal: The prisoners control everything inside the walls, and the magistrates no longer dare walk the streets. I'll use that to my advantage. No one will notice one more man in the midst of all this chaos.
- Oriphaun's 21st Wheloon Journal: I've made it to Oldstone Hall. Next I'll try for the Nether scroll. It's a mad plan, of course. It means going straight into the heart of the enemy's stronghold. Still, a Huntsilver must do his duty, as my uncle would say. I only pray that I'm succesfull.
- Oriphaun's 22nd Wheloon Journal: The source seems to be oldstone Hall, right in the center of the town. You can feel the dark energies flowing from its tower like waves of cold nights. Whatever is bringing the Shadowfell here is inside the tower, so that is where I must go.
- Oriphaun's 23rd Wheloon Journal: This area is rife with Shar worshippers. That's why they made Wheloon a prison to begin with - the town was full of treasonous followers of the shadow goddess. Yet the Shar worshippers I've seen here don't behave much like prisoners. Indeed, they act like they own the place.
- Oriphaun's 24th Wheloon Journal: I just had the most extraordinary experience. It was as if I slipped out of this world and into its bleak and desolate reflection. It's the Shadowfell, I'm sure of it. Very intriguing - and very dangerous. The things from the Shadowfell are no friend to those who live in the light.
Tyvrus's Missives in Wheloon Prison ●Epic
Each missive is worth ●2,100 XPEpic, with a ●12,600 XPEpic bonus for finding everything.
- Find Tyrus's 1st Missive: My Lords, Wheloon Prison is ripe for the picking. There are many here who follow Shar - and vastly more who hate the nation that imprisoned them. Soon the prisoners will all be faithful servants of Netheril.
- Find Tyrus's 2nd Missive Inside the Netherese Tavern.: My Lords, The Shadowfell Nexus is now in place. I have informed General Mathir (sic) that our troops can now enter and exit the Prison through the Shadowfell where it is required. Maintaining the Nexus consumes most of my time, so you will forgive me if keep my correspondence brief.
- Find Tyrus's 3rd Missive: My Lords, All of Shar's followers inside Wheloon have sworn fealty to Netheril. We now have a force inside the Prison dedicated to the glory of the Mistress of the Night, the triumph of our Empire, and the complete and utter destruction of Cormyr.
- Find Tyrus's 4th Missive: General Marthir, I realize the criminals are much more unruly than Shar's faithful. Offer them anything it takes to secure their loyalty - money, power, freedom. If we are to succeed in Wheloon, we must control all of its prisoners.
- Find Tyrus's 5th Missive: My Lords, Despite all the elaborate magical wards they placed on the walls, the War Wizards failed to even consider that we might enter the Prison through the Shadowfell. I do not believe these fools will pose much of a threat when war comes.
- Find Tyrus's 6th Missive: General Marthir, I know dealing with the Shadar-kai presents certain challenges. Yet they control the Shadowfell in this area, and this alone makes them an essential part of the plan. Besides, they are touched with shadows as we are; we who have been blessed by Shar must stand together against the light.
- Find Tyrus's 7th Missive: Commander Karleth, While I understand that the Shadar-kai are prone to certain excesses, I must also be absolutely clear - if those urges interfere with your ability to serve the empire, you will inevitably face Netheril's wrath. I trust that you will put your house in order immediately.
- Find Tyrus's 8th Missive Inside Shar Manor, behind a locked door: Only the Morninglord Adara Semple in Harvest Hall can unlock this door and is a rare spawn. Escort her to Shar Manor, enter and she will unlock the door. : Commander Karleth, I see no need to eliminate the lizardfolk that infest the tunnels beneath the Prison. At worst they are minor distraction. At best, we might be able to turn them to our advantage. Offer them a hefty bribe once we control the rest of the prison. They are easily persuaded with coin.
- Find Tyrus's 9th Missive: New Recruits, Welcome to the service of Netheril. You now serve a mighty empire and a glorious cause. The Twelve Princes and the City of Shade may seem very far away at the moment. Yet soon Netheril will come to Cormyr, and Wheloon will become the newest province of our empire!
- Find Tyrus's 10th Missive: New Recruits, Netheril is the greatest empire Toril has ever seen - a land of flying cities and boundless magic. Then for long centuries Netheril slept and its bounteous fields faded into desert. Yet soon we will eclipse even our former glory. The future belongs to Netheril! The future belongs to you!
- Find Tyrus's 11th Missive: General Marthir, Oldstone Hall requires more troops to guard the Shadowfell Nexus. Send over some of your new recruits immediately. If you require additional reinforcements, enlist some of the faithful from Shar Manor.
- Find Tyrus's 12th Missive: New Recruits, By joining our cause you have not just sworn to serve Netheril. You have sworn to serve Shar as well. Everything our empire does, it does for the glory of the Mistress of the Night. Soon the dark goddess will hold sway over all of Faerun!
- Find Tyrus's 13th Missive: New Recruits, Once you have been trained you will be sent outside the Prison to strike against Cormyr. To do that, you must travel through the Shadowfell. Fear not - we control the Shadowfell here. The dark creatures that dwell there will not harm you.
- Find Tyrus's 14th Missive: My Lords, Shadows are useful tools, and the prisoners make for eager, but unskilled, army recruits. Nevertheless, I feel that additional regular recruits are required to make the most of our position here in Wheloon. A handful of Wizards are no substitute for a horde of well-drilled Shadar-kai.
- Find Tyrus's 15th Missive Inside the Decrepit Barn. : My Lords, My Congratulations on recovering the Mythallar. It will surely be a great asset to our operations in the Storm Horns. And one day I hope to see Karsuss Folly undone.
- Find Tyrus's 16th Missive Inside the Bookstore, through a secret door at the east end of the final room. : My Lords, I know that in the end our operations here may be a feint, and the real, final blow to Cormyr will come from Sembra. Yet Wheloon Prison is now a deadly dagger pointed at the heart of Cormyr. I would not be doing my duty if I did not suggest that we drive it home as soon as possible.d
- Find Tyrus's 17th Missive Inside Shar Manor, towards the north. : My Lords, Our people are unsurpassed in matters of magic. Why then do we have so few truly accomplished wizards assigned to Wheloon? My own talents are entirely devoted to maintaining the Shadowfell Nexus, and General Marthir is busy with recruits. Just a few more Shades would make all the difference here.
- Find Tyrus's 18th Missive: General Marthir, I wouldn't worry too much about Shadowfell creatures slipping into the Prison. A Nightcrawler attack or two will give the prisoners a healthy respect for the shadow! Yet keep your eyes on the Night Hags. They are unreliable and not to be trusted.
- Find Tyrus's 19th Missive On a roof near 5. : General Marthir, Allow me to commend you on your recent recruitment efforts. It's vital that we train these new recruits as quickly as possible. Prince Telamont wishes to move forward on several fronts, and they will need every man we can put into the field.
- Find Tyrus's 20th Missive Inside the Criminal Hideout. : General Marhir, I'm told that several adventurers have repeatedly disrupted our operations inside the Prison. It is irrelevant whether these troublemakers are agents of Cormyr or mere looters. No one interferes with Netheril's plans. Hunt them down immediately!
- Find Tyrus's 21st Missive: I must not be distracted in my work. Maintaining the Shadowfell Nexus is quite taxing, even for one of my abilities. For this reason no one is to approach Oldstone Hall.
- Find Tyrus's 22nd Missive: General Marthir, If you lack troops for guard duty, have the wizards prepare some simple spare traps. An animated object is far less expensive than an ordinary soldier, and almost as intelligent.
- Find Tyrus's 23rd Missive: To the Netherese Forces, For centuries the kingdom of Cormyr has gone unchallenged. Its people have grown fat and careless, its rules have become blind to the world around them. Yet all that changes, starting now. Starting now, the old kingdom falls and Netheril rises. Starting now, the shadow falls over Cormyr!
- Find Tyrus's 24th Missive: My Lords, Once our operations here in Wheloon are complete I will return the Nether Scroll to the city of Shade. My research into it is far from complete. This scroll is part of the Planus Mechanus, and I'm sure we could use it to reach other planes. Imagine what we could do if Netheril's reach extended from Celestia to the Nine Hells!
Named Monsters (non-rare)