|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Thrall of the Necromancer
|Requires access to adventure pack: Delera's Tomb|
The necromancer who controlled Delera's shade has returned to the scene of his evil acts. Kill him and return Delera's freedom.
|Thrall of the Necromancer|
|Heroic XP:||♣2,613 ♦4,622 ♥4,888 ♠5,154|
|Takes place in:||Necromancer's Lair|
|NPC contact:||Hargo Kimmare|
|Quest acquired in:||Delera's Graveyard|
|Free to Play:||No|
The necromancer who forced Delera's shade to do his bidding has returned to the graveyard, along with his lieutenant, Zan'glaen the Butcher. Kill Dreadlord Giddeon to prevent him from controlling Delera again.
- This is the final quest in the Delera's Tomb story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay Dreadlord Giddeon
- (Optional) Slay Zan'Glaen (10% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Collapsible floor
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- There is fairly dangerous fire trap down the first corridor, between the last two pillars; control box is on the east wall just before the trap.
- Poison trap down the next corridor, where it expands; no box, but easily avoidable.
- Cold trap further down the corridor, at the corner; control box is on the east wall past the trap.
- Poison trap just beyond; control box is on the east wall past the trap.
- Western Wing
- The first large room contains a large spike trap; control box is on the north wall, east of the door. Spikes don't activate until after pulling one of the levers (either to the south or north - probably north).
- Fire dart (does fire and bludgeon damage) trap along the hallway; control box is on the south face of the first pillar.
- Eastern Wing
- Spike and dart traps before the door at the end of the corridor; no control boxes, but pull the third lever (nearest the door) to open the door. The other levers activate the traps
- There is an area where the floor drops into a shallow pit with some oozes; no way to prevent this.
Tips and Misc
- To receive this quest, you have to speak to Hargo twice, then speak to Delera. When you speak to Hargo the second time, you will have to option to pay him 1,000 platinum or Bluff him to advance the quest (requires Bluff skill of 3). When speaking to Delera, ensure your entire party is with you in the dungeon (or have already completed this step), then walk all the way up to her to ensure that the quest completes, then speak with her. This is important because this short part actually grants favor.
- When fighting the necromancer at the end, as soon as you kill him, most of the undead in the room will die as well. Therefore it's usually a good idea for everyone to focus on him first - however avoid killing him too quick, as if you kill him in under ~2 seconds, the script that kills all his undead minions will not fire due to a bug.
- Warning: This boss necromancer has the Phantasmal Killer spell, which can instantly slay a player if they fail both saves. Having either deathward or greater heroism buffs are recommended to prevent this. If neither are available, an item with deathblock will work also.
- There is just one Shrine, so be wise with your buffs.
- Stepping on the pressure plates in the large central room will both open the associated door and spawn an undead ambush.
- Aggression bonus: 76 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 99 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 122 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 35 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 45 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 56 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- 1 optional for killing Zan'Glaen (Wight, found at the end of the east wing)
- 1 at the end for killing Dreadlord Giddeon (Human Necromancer)
- 2 locked at the end
- Collectables: Four
- Crude Altar under the first staircase
- Adventurer's Pack in the second corridor, past the traps
- Mushroom in the western wing, between the two dart traps
- Cabinet in the southeast corner of the first room in the eastern wing
- NPC rewards: After completing the quest, you can return to the right-side door of Delera's Tomb (entrance to part three) and talk to her for some random and static end rewards. These are listed below.
- Arcane Skeletons
- Armored Wights
- Black Puddings
- Ghostly Skeletons
- Skeleton Arci
- Wight Myrmidons
- Wight Priests
- Zan'Glaen - Optional orange-named armored wight
- Dreadlord Giddeon - Red-named human necromancer; end boss
Unique End Reward List
Generally, weapons and armor are ML6, accessories are ML7, all bind to account (unless otherwise noted).
- Blacklace Blindfold - Goggles: Listen +7, Spot +7, Dexterity -1, Colorless Augment Slot
- Boneshard Flute - +2 Club: 1.25[1d6], Command Undead, Perform +7, Orange Augment Slot, Red Augment Slot
- Carnifex - +2 Greataxe (17-20/x3 crit): ML4, Keen
- Coronach - Rune Arm: Light Spirals (Maximum Charge Tier: III), Life Shield, Coronach, Rune Arm Imbue: Light II, Craftable Rune Arm (+3)
- Delera's Vestment - +5 Robe: Charisma +4, Blue Augment Slot
- Devotion - +3 Handwraps: Holy, Devotion +48, Req: Good or UMD 20, Red Augment Slot, BtCoE
- Docent of the Tomb - +4 Docent: Balance +7, Listen +7, Search +7, Spot +7, Colorless Augment Slot
- Golden Cartouche - Necklace: Yellow Augment Slot with Intelligence +2, Use Magical Device +3
- Headman's Hood - Helm: Fear, Intimidate +7, Green Augment Slot
- Hellfire Cloak - Cloak: Fire Resistance, Yellow Augment Slot with Acid 10, Green Augment Slot with Sonic 10
- Iron Manacles - Bracers: Protection +4, Colorless Augment Slot (Requires Chaotic Alignment or Use magic device of 20)
- Linen Handwraps - Gloves: Strength +4, Dexterity -1, Proof Against Disease +6
- Obsidian Dagger - +3 Dagger: 1.25[2d3], Nullification +48, Purple Augment Slot, Red Augment Slot
- Rusted Shirt - +3 Chain shirt: Blue Augment Slot with +2 CON
- Serpentbranch - +3 Longbow: 1.25[1d8], Poison, Proof Against Poison +6, Purple Augment Slot, Red Augment Slot
- Sigil of Stormreach - Ring: Diplomacy +5, Green Augment Slot with +2 CHA
- Silverflame Hauberk - +3 Half plate: Devotion +48 Blue Augment Slot, Colorless Augment Slot
- Skeleton Key - Trinket: Open Lock +7, Yellow Augment Slot
- Sparkstriker - +3 Heavy pick: 1.25[1d6], Adamantine, Shocking Burst, Red Augment Slot
- Switchblade Boots - Boots: Bluff +10, Yellow Augment Slot
- Trapsmith's Toolbelt - Belt: Disable Device +7, Repair +7, Blue Augment Slot
- Wighthide Armor - +3 Hide armor: Blue Augment Slot with +2 STR
- Wrath of Siberys - +3 Heavy steel shield: Blinding Flash , Blinding, Reflex Save +4, Lesser Heroism (+1 morale bonus to attacks/saves/skills), Purple Augment Slot
- Voice of the Master - Trinket: +1 Good Luck, Heroic Inspiration (+5% additional xp from quest completions) (ML5, BTC) (always in the list)