An ooze is an amorphous or mutable creature, usually mindless.
An ooze has the following features.
- 10-sided Hit Dice.
- Base attack bonus equal to ¾ total Hit Dice (as cleric).
- No good saving throws.
- Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the ooze has an Intelligence score. However, most oozes are mindless and gain no skill points or feats.
- Splitting: Most Oozes will split into two when attacked by slashing & piercing weapons. Exceptions: Gray oozes and Gelatinous Cubes
- Vulnerability: As members of the Ooze monster class, they are further damaged by the Ooze Bane weapon enhancement. They are also vulnerable to the Cleric spell Searing light.
- Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Blind (but have the blindsight special quality), with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, stunning, critical hits and sneak attack (no vital areas).
- Some oozes have the ability to deal acid damage to objects. In such a case, the amount of damage is equal to 10 + ½ ooze’s HD + ooze’s Con modifier per full round of contact.
- Not subject to critical hits or flanking.
- Proficient with its natural weapons only.
- Proficient with no armor.
- Oozes eat and breathe, but do not sleep.
This article has not been added to any categories:
Please help out by adding categories to it so that it can be listed with similar articles. (February 2016)
Vulnerabilities / Immunities
1 This list doesn't include named or special types but the most generic versions. For more details see Monster DR and weaknesses or the respective creature entry below.and
- Arcane Ooze
- Avatar of Juiblex
- Black Pudding
- Blight Ooze
- Digestive Slime
- Gelatinous Cube
- Gray Ooze
- Huge Black Pudding
- Huge Gray Ooze
- Huge Ochre Jelly
- Huge Violet Slime
- Kryzinian Cubespawn
- Large Black Pudding
- Large Black Pudding Fragment
- Large Gray Ooze
- Large Noxious Crystal Ooze
- Large Noxious Gray Ooze
- Large Violet Slime
- Lesser Gray Ooze
- Living Chain Lightning
- Living Delayed Blast Fireball
- Living Destruction
- Living Disintegrate
- Living Finger of Death
- Living Firestorm
- Living Harm
- Living Meteor Swarm
- Living Nightmare
- Living Pool
- Ochre Jelly
- Putrid Gray Ooze
- Tower-bound Living Chain Lightning
- Tower-bound Living Disintegrate
- Violet Slime
- Vision of Wealth
Arcane Ooze race monsters
Sources: ©1995-2004 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Revised (3.5) System Reference Document which is considered Open Game Content under the Open Game License. Viewable at: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/20040121a