|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
An ooze is an amorphous or mutable creature, usually mindless.
An ooze has the following features.
- 10-sided Hit Dice.
- Base attack bonus equal to ¾ total Hit Dice (as cleric).
- No good saving throws.
- Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the ooze has an Intelligence score. However, most oozes are mindless and gain no skill points or feats.
An ooze possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- Splitting: Most Oozes will split into two when attacked by slashing & piercing weapons. Exceptions: Lesser Gray Ooze & Gray Ooze
- Vulnerability: As members of the Ooze monster class, they are further damaged by the Ooze Bane weapon enhancement. They are also vulnerable to the Cleric spell Searing light.
- Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Blind (but have the blindsight special quality), with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, stunning, critical hits and sneak attack (no vital areas).
- Some oozes have the ability to deal acid damage to objects. In such a case, the amount of damage is equal to 10 + ½ ooze’s HD + ooze’s Con modifier per full round of contact.
- Not subject to critical hits or flanking.
- Proficient with its natural weapons only.
- Proficient with no armor.
- Oozes eat and breathe, but do not sleep.
- Arcane Ooze
- Avatar of Juiblex
- Black Pudding
- Blight Ooze
- Digestive Slime
- Gelatinous Cube
- Gray Ooze
- Huge Black Pudding
- Huge Ochre Jelly
- Huge Violet Slime
- Kryzinian Cubespawn
- Large Gray Ooze
- Large Violet Slime
- Lesser Gray Ooze
- Living Chain Lightning
- Living Delayed Blast Fireball
- Living Destruction
- Living Disintegrate
- Living Finger of Death
- Living Firestorm
- Living Harm
- Living Meteor Swarm
- Living Nightmare
- Ochre Jelly
- Violet Slime
Sources: ©1995-2004 Wizards of the Coast, Inc. Revised (3.5) System Reference Document which is considered Open Game Content under the Open Game License. Viewable at: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/20040121a