|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Missing Party
|Requires access to adventure pack: Delera's Tomb|
You are not the first to try to bring peace to Delera Omaren. Seek the remains of the Silver Flame's former champions.
|The Missing Party|
|Heroic XP:||♣2,140 ♦4,558 ♥4,837 ♠5,116|
|Takes place in:||Delera's Reliquary|
|NPC contact:||Colam Mersein|
|Quest acquired in:||Delera's Graveyard|
|Free to Play:||No|
Return to Delera's Reliquary. Find the last party that the Silver Flame sent into the reliquary, and return with Janiel's journal.
- Part 2 of the story arc Delera's Tomb.
Important Prerequisite Action:
- After quest completion of The Mystery of Delera's Tomb, speak again to Derek Grospic at the graveyard entrance in House Jorasco in order to activate Colam Mersein in the graveyard.
- The quest is granted and completed by Colam, a priest inside the graveyard that attends a funeral.
- Colam will NOT grant the quest until you speak to Derek after completion of the first quest.
- For players without a holy/good or flametouched weapon against the Ghostly Skeletons, the quest granter gives a special club that can be optionally used. Note the Ghostly Skeletons' DR is just DR/Good, and not Blunt. So even a flametouched iron greataxe will deal more damage than a regular maul.
- Be sure to speak to Colam first, immediately after quest completion, to keep the story arc chain operational. He allows access to the next quest, Free Delera.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find Jael's journal
- (Optional) Slay the Omaren guardians (Slay all 7) (+30% Bonus.)
- (Optional) Slay Omaren Assassin (+10% Bonus.)
- (Optional) Slay Omaren Pugilist (+10% Bonus.)
- (Optional) Slay Omaren Executioner (+10% Bonus.)
- (Optional) Slay Omaren Sniper (+10% Bonus.)
- (Optional) Slay Omaren Ecclesist (+10% Bonus.)
- (Optional) Slay Omaren Magus (+10% Bonus.)
- (Optional) Slay Omaren Slayer (+10% Bonus.)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Extra player(s)/hireling(s) required (mandatory: 1 player/hireling to pull a lever that controls several gates thus allowing another party member to pull a second lever so that the party can proceed; optional: 1 player to alternate between two pressure plates that control several underwater doors thus allowing the rest of the party to go through)
- Two sets of acid traps (one-time trip) guarding Omaren Sniper chest; no way to disable
- Spike traps after climbing several flights of stairs; control panel is on the southeast corner. Trap activates when "I" rune is stepped on.
Tips and Misc
- Either have a friend or a henchmen for this quest, two people are required at some point, one will need to go up a small path, and the other will need to operate a lever to raise/lower the gates.
- When you get caged in just before the first shrine, the gates are timed for about a minute before reopening.
- For the optional swimming part, the gates must be activated alternately in order to get through. Hirelings are difficult to use for doing this (see steps below).
- A rogue or knock spell is needed for a locked door in area with second shrine on the ground floor.
- Stepping on the trigger plate under the "I" rune causes enemies to appear and a spike trap to activate.
- The book will remain in your inventory; however, it can safely be destroyed as soon as it's picked up and the quest finishes.
- Recent research has indeed uncovered a method how the whole quest (including all optionals) can be completed with only a hireling as support - including the underwater gate/swimming part. What you need is a hireling with a Summon Monster spell. Here's a brief description of how to do it:
- Step on the pressure plate right/west of the pool once. This causes the first three underwater gates to be open while the fourth (and last) will be closed.
- Position your hire just in front of the left/east pressure plate with his back turned to the corresponding rune. This is the rune that looks like a slanted capital letter 'A'.
- Now, you might want to do a test. Let your hire use his summon monster spell. The summoned creature should trigger the pressure plate, and make the rune's status change. If not, you might need to reposition your hire.
- As soon as you have found the proper position, order your hire to stand ground. Confirm that the west rune is on/lit, and the east rune is off/unlit (the first 3 gates are open while the fourth is closed). Jump into the pool and swim to the last gate. Now, order your hire to summon again. The fourth gate should open after a few seconds.
- Swim through the gate and upwards, get out of the water and toggle the switch on the left wall which opens all gates. At that point, you can call your hireling to join you again and proceed.
- Another method is to select the nearby resurrection shrine, and position the hireling directly to the south of the pressure plate. If done correctly, once you tell the hireling to use the shrine, he will step on the plate on his way there.
- Aggression bonus: 84 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 109 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 134 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 43 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 56 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 69 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 5
- 1 optional for killing the Omaren Executioner (Named Spectre, found past the underwater puzzle)
- 1 optional for killing the Omaren Sniper (Named Skeleton Archer, found near the second shrine)
- 1 optional behind a locked door for killing 2 Guardians (Undead, found up on a walkway across from the second shrine)
- 1 optional for killing the Omaren Slayer (Named Wight, found behind a secret door)
- 1 at the end
- Collectables: Six
- Bookshelf in the NW corner of the room past the triple-locked door
- ??? on the western wall in the southern room, past the underwater gates
- Mushroom in the NE corner of the big room before the acid-trapped chest
- Rubble in the NE corner of the room with the Omaran Mage
- Mushroom in the NW corner of the room past the second level-locked door
- Crude Altar in the north section of the final room
- NPC rewards: None
- Delera Omaren - Red-named wraith
- Omaren Assassin - Optional orange-named skeleton arcus
- Omaren Ecclesiast - Optional orange-named wight priest
- Omaren Executioner - Optional orange-named spectre
- Omaren Magus - Optional orange-named arcane skeleton
- Omaren Pugilist - Optional orange-named zombie
- Omaren Slayer - Optional orange-named armored wight
- Omaren Sniper - Optional orange-named skeleton archer