Monster Manual classification: Unknown
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pride (6-10)
Attack: Claws (Piercing) and Bite (Slashing); Trip; Frightful Presence
- Ruins of Gianthold (epic)
- Return to Prison of the Planes — Shavarath room.
- Return to Gianthold Tor — Guarding the first rune.
- Ruins of Gianthold (heroic) — Near the Gate of Shavarath
- A Cry for Help
- The Prison of the Planes — Shavarath room
- Gianthold Tor — Guarding the first rune
- Servants of the Overlord
- Bastion of Power
- In the Demon's Den
- Extraplanar Palace: Buying Time
- Extraplanar Palace: Buying Time - EPIC
- Extraplanar Palace: Labor Shortage
- Extraplanar Palace: Labor Shortage - EPIC
- Extraplanar Palace: The Dragon's Hoard
- Extraplanar Palace: The Dragon's Hoard - EPIC
- Underdark Arena: Ring of Fire — Orange named
Description: Lions have always been among the most admired of the wild creatures of the world, and I agree that they are impressive. As strong and tough as lions are, their power cannot match the large cat-like creatures known as Jarilith.
The jarilith are lion-like evil outsiders who attack ferociously and use their powerful jaws and sharp claws to ruthlessly rend prey and enemies alike. These beasts usually dwell on Shavarath, the plane of endless battle, but often prowl Eberron as well. These terrible cat-like killers enjoy using the ambush.
The jarilith is a demon. They are more powerful than hellcats, but somewhat less intelligent. While capable of planning surprise attacks, the real strength of these beasts lies in their wicked attacks. The jarilith can strike powerful critical hits as well as the best trained fighter and never lets up until opponents are torn to shreds. In tandem with these attacks they use an innate spell-like ability which affects victims as the cleric spell doom. Being tanar’ri demons, they have spell resistance, are immune to electricity, and have resistance to acid, fire, and cold. Perhaps most dangerous of all, jariliths can attempt to summon another of their kind once per day, so you can never be sure of how many you will be facing. If you do nothing else, be sure to bring a cold iron weapon to help you penetrate their tough hides. Without cold iron, you may not survive your first encounter with them.