Into the Deep
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : The Red Fens|
|Into the Deep|
|Takes place in:||The Sahuagin Stronghold|
|Bestowed by:||Ta Prin|
|NPC contact:||Ta Prin|
|Quest acquired in:||The Red Fens|
|Free to Play:||No|
A group of rebel Sahuagin contact you, revealing that not all of their kind are hell bent on dominating the shores of Xen'drik and summoning demons. Help them restore the balance of power in their underwater kingdom by traveling to the underwater city and experience DDO's new (and much hyped) underwater combat system! Last part of the Red Fens(chain arc). other 3 parts required.
- Meet with Vizira
- Gain entry into the North Palace
- Destroy the Prisons of the water guardians (2 guardians)
- Slay the High Priest
- (Optional) Reduce loyalist surface patrols (20 sahuagin) Heroic: +25% Bonus. / Epic: +25% Bonus.
- (Optional) Reduce the number of loyalist forces (40 sahuagin) Heroic: +25% Bonus. / Epic: +25% Bonus.
- (Optional) Gather 20 Sea Paw for Ni Sek Heroic: +10% Bonus. / Epic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Slay Scrags to cripple mining operations. (15 scrags) Heroic: +10% Bonus. / Epic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Help the Drow escape. (8 drow) Heroic: +10% Bonus. / Epic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Venture to the pit and destroy the Demon Heroic: +35% Bonus. / Epic: +35% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest item collection (optional: 20 sea paws)
- Water breathing is not needed as the adventure provides protective bubbles for all party members when navigating through water areas.
Tips and Misc
- Finish the three previous quests first, then talk to Ravenwing.
- This is the only quest in the game that features under water combat. How it works:
- You can use melee and ranged combat normally, but your attacks are severely slowed by about -50%.
- Movement speed in the water takes some getting used to: you start moving quite slowly and accelerate up to almost normal speed. When you stop for fights, etc. you are reset to super slow until you get back up to speed.
- Fire and Acid spells may not be used at all.
- Lightning and Sonic spells deal double damage.
- Jump and Tumble spells are ineffective, and removed when in the water as you may not tumble while in the water, and jumping is severely reduced.
- Other types of spells work normally.
- While fire damage from sources other than spells can be used, it is reduced by 100 points, for both players and monsters.
- If you are a spellcaster specialized mainly in fire or acid spells, you will be utterly ineffective underwater... To work around this, buy some lightning bolt (6th) wands from House P. They are ultra effective in the water, and with a couple wand mastery enhancements, will one-shot most enemies underwater on normal, or even hard/elite if you're fully spec'd for wand mastery or have artificer wand bonuses.
- Turning in 20 Sea Paw will get you 3 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds for each of the party members. He will also give one Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds to the person who turns in the Sea Paw (and only that person). There are also some diplomacy and intimidate options offered after he rewards you, but neither seem to have any effect. Note that you will not see a counter for collecting them, so you have to check your inventory if you have enough.
- Helping Tizera Firewing rescue all drow will only award an optional, but no chests.
- The optional demon is meant to be fought after the quest is complete - per the storyline. However you can actually engage him as soon as both prisons are clear. Doing so is not really recommended, as there is no shrine after fighting him, but there is at the normal end of the quest.
- The optional demon (Demon of the Frenzied Blood) is CR17 on Normal, CR19 on Hard, CR22 on elite, CR24 on Epic Normal, and CR34 on Epic Hard (CR41 on old epic). He has a massive amount of hitpoints and is very challenging.
- He opens portals that summon Fire Reavers. He seems to do so at certain HP intervals.
- The sludge he is standing in damages party members and heals him.
- On Epic, this is the only way to get the epic chest that has the shards. If you fight him early, the chest will remain locked until the quest is complete.
- The entrances to the the mine and temple are directly east and west from the center point of the map. from there you can head directly north to finish the quest, so killing him early provides no benefit.
- The sea paws are not marked on the map due to the fact that they are so numerous (approximately 40) and easy to find. Only one person needs to exchange the 20 sea paws as it is a one-time group reward.
- Aggression bonus: 114 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 148 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 182 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 37 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 48 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 59
- Bonus XP Notes: Getting onslaught can take a very long time. Getting conquest takes even longer and will require you to either clear the entire underwater section, or hunt respawns in the demon optional. or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Up to 8
- 2 chests after the final battle (temple)
- 2 chest at the end of the eastern prison
- 1 chest at the end of the western prison
- 1 chest behind a hidden door in the western prison
- 2 optional chests for defeating the demon
- Collectables: Colossal Clams
- NPC rewards: Special, Select from 10, High chance at all the rewards listed below
Each item, except the bottle has a 50% chance of appearing. On every third completion, the chance increases to 100%.
- Ring of the Mire - Ring: Spearblock, Fortitude Save +4, Marshwalker [ML:7, BTC]
- Raven's Talons - Gloves: Dexterity +3, Bluff +7, Raven's Eye [ML:7, BTC]
- Siren's Belt - Belt: Armor Bonus +5, Disease Immunity, Siren's Ward [ML:7, BTC]
- Sacred Helm - Helmet: Deathblock, Eternal Faith, Divine Blessing [ML:7, BTC]
- Ring of Venom - Ring: Dexterity +3, Sneak Attack Bonus +2, Vulkoor's Cunning [ML:7, BTC]
- Bracers of the Claw - Bracers: Constitution +2, Moderate Fortification, Vulkoor's Might [ML:7, BTC]
- Elder's Cap - Helm: Intelligence +3, Concentration +7, Elder's Knowledge [ML:7, BTC]
- Shaman's Band - Ring: Spell Penetration IV, Shaman's Fury [ML:7, BTC]
- The Pea Shooter - Rune Arm: Maximum Charge Tier: III, Superior Potency III, Inherent (5) Acid Resistance, Rune Arm Imbue: Acid II, Craftable Rune Arm: (+3) [ML:7, BTA]
- Mystical Bottle - Cannith Crafting ingredient. [BTA]
- Trinket - In place of the Mystical Bottle, you may be offered a Craftable +5, no-ML, trinket. [BTC]
Named Chest Drop
- Dampened Frozen Plate - +3 Full Plate: Dampened, Lesser Ice Guard, Lesser Cold Resistance [ML:7, BtA] (palace chest)
- Dampened Greatclub of the Scrag - +2 Greatclub: True Chaos, Cold Touch, Regeneration, Dampened [ML:7, BoE, BtC] (Mine Chest)
- Greatclub of the Scrag - +3 Greatclub: Anarchic, Frost, Regeneration [ML:7, BoE, BtC] (Cleansed)
- Frozen Plate - +4 Full Plate: Ice Guard, Cold Resistance [ML:7, BtA] (Cleansed)
- Souleater - +4 Quarterstaff: Mortal Strike, Bodyfeeder [ML:7] (Demon's Chest)
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 19:42:45 result from cache, age: 18:47:19 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)