|Check out the new Discord server for all DDO players! Follow to the chat!|
The Red Fens
|Requires access to : The Red Fens|
Sahuagin have attacked the Red Fens, virtually wiping out the Drow clan that lives in the swamp.
You can get to The Red Fens by talking to Ormar the Caravan Master in House Kundarak. Ormar can be found on the map by finding the gold X east of the entrance identified as The Red Fens when you hover over it.
This is a level 9 Wilderness Adventure Area, allowing characters from levels 6 through 13 for full XP gain. Exceeding the maximum character level requirement will reduce XP gain from Rare Encounter / Slayer / Explorer quests.
Raveneye Refuge Camp
- Lizardtail, General supply vendor
- Dagni d'Kundarak - Pearl Collector
- Altar of Vulkoor crafting device
- Rest and resurrection shrine (regular 15mins timer) - no tavern in the area
- Craneclaw - Bestows the quest Fathom the Depths
- Croaker - Bestows the quest The Claw of Vulkoor
- Gullwing - Bestows the quest The Last Stand
- Ravenwing - Bestows the quest The Sahuagin Stronghold
- Ta Prin - (Not actually in camp) Bestows the quest Into the Deep - requires all 3 quests above
|Quest Name||Casual XP||Normal XP||Hard XP||Elite XP||Quest Level||Total Favor||Patron|
|Fathom the Depths||2263||3988||4187||4386||9||15||House Kundarak|
|The Claw of Vulkoor||1590||2860||2950||3164||9||12||House Kundarak|
|The Last Stand||1284||2260||2373||2486||9||12||House Kundarak|
|Into the Deep||2508||4420||4641||4862||9||15||House Kundarak|
|Total||7654||13528||14151||14898||4 Quests||54 Favor|
The Red Fens is the source of some very good mid-level two-part gear sets. Red Fens Unique Loot.
Note: Named items that can appear on this each individual quests end reward list will have a 100% chance of appearing on every third completion of that specific quest.
- Slay 10 creatures in The Red Fens: 405 XP = 40.5 xp/kill
- Slay 25 creatures in The Red Fens: 553 XP = 22.12 xp/kill
- Slay 50 creatures in The Red Fens: 765 XP = 15.3 xp/kill
- Slay 100 creatures in The Red Fens: 1,170 XP = 11.7 xp/kill
- Slay 200 creatures in The Red Fens: 1,935 XP = 9.68 xp/kill
- Slay 400 creatures in The Red Fens: 3,465 XP = 8.66 xp/kill
- Slay 750 creatures in The Red Fens: 5,895 XP = 7.86 xp/kill
- Slay 1,500 creatures in The Red Fens: 12,420 XP = 8.28 xp/kill
- Slay 3,000 creatures in The Red Fens: 25,335 XP = 8.45 xp/kill
- Slay 5,000 creatures in The Red Fens: 35,325 XP = 7.07 xp/kill
- Slay 7,500 creatures in The Red Fens: 46,215 XP = 6.16 xp/kill
There are approximately 157 (range 153-162) monsters in each instance of the wilderness, requiring a minimum of 48 instances to complete the 7,500 creature slayer objective.
Each Rare Encounter is worth 600 XP, with a bonus of 3,600 XP for defeating all of them. These are random encounters: it may take several retries to get them to spawn.
- Slay Gorger the carrion eater
- Slay Beacon the will-o'-wisp
- Slay Sharkbiter the scrag
- Slay Fencreeper the swamp stalker
- Slay Crooktooth the swamp raider
- Slay Mudfoot the hill giant
- Slay Riptide the water elemental
- Slay Chokebriar the vine stalker
- Slay Anogoreth the abishai (collect the three crests and use at the Red Tree)
- Slay the sahuagin captain Kar Xyr
- Slay the sahuagin captain Nab Ren
- Slay the sahuagin captain Vyx Ka
Each Explorer is worth 300 XP, with a bonus of 900 XP for finding all of them.
- Find the Raveneye village
- Reach the top of the ziggurat
- Find the inlet overlook
- Find the mudpot
- Explore the giant mushroom forest
- Find the great red tree
- Explore the dank cave
- Find the Fire Giants' territory
- Find the hidden waterfall
- Climb the highest mushroom
- Find the lone adventurer
- Find the hunting platform
Monsters in the zone not found on the rare encounters list.