|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Hound of Xoriat
|Requires access to adventure pack: The Vale of Twilight|
The Daelkyr Lord is absent, however his hound remains to breed. If left unchecked, the Xoriat spawn will boil forth from the Subterrane onto the streets of Stormreach
|Hound of Xoriat|
|Heroic XP:||♦8,200 ♥8,500 ♠8,800|
|Takes place in:||Beneath the House Jorasco Enclave|
|NPC contact:||Brunaccio Patroclus|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Free to Play:||No|
Through powerful divination, Brunaccio Patroclus, Grandmaster of The Twelve, has learned of a large cavern beneath House Jorasco. This cavern seems to be only accessible through the Subterrane, and the spell indicated a great Mother Hound of Xoriat has claimed this cavern as her own, putting the entire ward into great and immediate danger. The Twelve has asked that you explore the Subterrane, find the entrance to the Mother Hound's Lair, and destroy it, before its insanity begins to spread.
- No flagging is required for this raid.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Defeat Xy'zzy, Mother Hound of Xoriat
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest item collection (mandatory)
Tips and Misc
Getting to this raid is actually longer than the raid itself, as you must venture through the many denizens of The Subterrane.
Xy'zzy is so powerful that you cannot damage her at all except by turning her three demon hound spawns against her. As you enter, there are mindflayers that come out of the portals that drop shards that allow players to charm the the spawned hounds force them to attack their mother, whittling down the boss's health to a point where player attacks will work.
A Bard is highly recommended in this raid to use the shards to buff the puppies to fight Xy'zzy.
One player, occasionally a player with a very high Intimidate skill, is used to keep Xy'zzy in the center of the room--popularly known as the "Chew Toy." The Intimidate skill may be 69/75/80 respectively for Normal/Hard/Elite. For halflings, there is a -4 size penalty.
An alternative, and sometimes more reliable method involves using a Solid Fog clicky, which generates aggro is placed by the player intended to tank. The player then moves up, causing Xy'zzy to run forward into the fog. The fog generates a small amount of aggro, ensuring she will be on that player for the duration of the raid. It is more reliable than Intimidate, because aggro generated by spells does not quickly fade over time.
Avoid getting hit by the Bees of Xoriat, which will inevitably kill you if you can't enter a Globe of Invulnerability. The "Bees" affects a player's ability to cast spells, concentrate, give penalties to attack rolls and gives Intimidate a -10 penalty.
Other players that aren't healing the Chew Toy players and her charmed puppies that are fighting Xy'zzy should be patrolling the exterior portals, removing any threat that could cause the charmed Spawns to stop attacking Xy'zzy. Keeping the party at the east portal minimizes spawns from making their way into the center.
As the puppies are key to destroying Xy'zzy, they must be buffed and healed once charmed. If the puppies do not survive long enough to bring their mother's health down to a low-enough level, the raid may fail as they take some time to respawn.
A party has a limited amount of time to dispatch Xy'zzy once a player engages the boss because if the raid continues too long, the respawning monsters (which include tiny but deadly beholders) pose a serious threat. The respawning mobs grow stronger, eventually including near-unkillable and quickly respawning Ancient Elder Beholders, which will eventually overwhelm the entire party.
- Puppies: Acid Resistance, Haste, Bull's Strength, Bear's Endurance, Cat's Grace, Mass Shield of Faith, Circle against Evil, Bless, Various Bard songs, Walk of the Sun (Monk finishing move), Primal Scream (Epic Destiny), Shifting Pack (Druid Buff), Pack Strength (Druid Buff), Tenacious Pack (Druid Buff)
- Augment Summoning: If a player with the Augment Summoning feat uses the control stones to charm the Puppies, they will receive the Augmented Summons buff. This buff provides the Spawn with additional health and strength and helps them damage Xy'zzy more quickly.
- Player Characters: Greater Heroism, Protection From Evil, Resist Acid, Haste, Resist Electricity (Flayers), Stoneskin (wand or clickie), spell resistance, Globe of Invulnerability (in the event of Bees), AC song (chew toy)
- Chests: Three total, 2 standard and 1 warded
- NPC rewards: up to 16 level weapons & choice of any single Unique loot item upon every 20th completion.
- Main Raidloot Chest (Warded chest appearance)
- Breastplate of Destruction - +5 Mithral Breastplate: Protection +4, Destruction
- Chain Shirt of Crippling - +5 Mithral Chain shirt: Protection +4, Crippling
- Levik's Bracers - Bracers: Levik's Defender, Healing Amplification - 20%, Strength +6
- Levik's Defender - +5 Mithral Tower shield (Blocking DR 15 (base 8)): Levik's Defender, Sonic Guard, Healer's Bounty
- Lorikk's Champion - +5 Mithral Large Shield (Blocking DR 15 (base 8)): Lorikk's Champion, Eternal Faith, Panacea
- Lorrik's Necklace - Necklace: Lorikk's Champion, Wisdom +6, Wizardry VI, Efficient Metamagic - Empower Healing II
- Ring of Thelis - Ring: Efficient Metamagic - Empower II, Wizardry VII, Spell Resistance (22)
- Tumbleweed - Ring: Attack Bonus +2, Dexterity +6, Tumble +10
- +3 Ability tomes (BTC, hard and elite difficulty only)
- Raidloot Side chest (Small box appearance, Hard and Elite only)
- Thaarak Wraps - +5 Handwraps: Acid Blast, Acid Burst, Thaarak Corrosion, Nightmares, Inherent (10) Acid Resistance, Phantasmal Killer
- Bonesplitter - +5 Greatclub: Fracturing, Bonesplitter, Blunt Trauma, Impact, Maiming
- Bracelet of Madness - Bracers: Potency +48, Arcane Lore, Greater Evocation Focus, Feeds Off Madness
- Drone of Xy'zzy - Xorian Renders CR 19/X/X
- Protector of Xy'zzy - Xorian Renders CR 23/27/33
- Spawn of Xy'zzy - Hellhounds CR 19/X/26
- Watcher of Xy'zzy - Beholders CR 21/X/X
- Wrath of Xy'zzy - Beholders CR 24/28/34
- Keeper of Xy'zzy - Red-named mind flayers; drop stones to charm the Spawn of Xy'zzy upon death CR 19/22/25
- Xy'zzy - Purple-named hellhound; raid boss CR 28/32/38