A Vision of Destruction
|Requires access to adventure pack: The Vale of Twilight|
You have entered the lair of Suulomades, architect of the attacks on the Marketplace. His demise is integral to Stormreach's safety.
|A Vision of Destruction|
|Heroic XP:||♦8,200 ♥8,500 ♠8,800|
|Takes place in:||Beneath the House Deneith Enclave|
|Bestowed by:||Delvarrion Iravati|
|NPC contact:||Delvarrion Iravati|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Free to Play:||No|
Delvarrion told you of a vision he had where House Deneith was sucked into an infernal portal, much like the Marketplace Bazaar. He fears this vision was a glimpse into the near future, and asked that you explore The Subterrane and determine if there is any truth to his fears.
- No flagging is required for this raid.
- Not a walk-up. Be sure to pick up the quest from the quest giver, who stands just off to the side of the entrance to the Subterrane.
Beware: As with almost all raids, you cannot join mid-quest. The first room you enter has a portal (to the main room) which disappears as soon as the fighting starts (so make sure everyone is thru the portal before anyone moves). Entering after it has started will lock you in that starting room with no way to proceed. You will, however, be able to pike and earn both completion and an end-reward, but will be unable to loot the chests.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Defeat Suulomades, Devil General of Shavarath
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, 1 undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- has total 8 trap boxes
- trap DCs are low-mid 40s on normal
Tips and Misc
Useful buffs: Resist Fire, Electricity, Sonic; Death Ward. Also bring remove curse potions; Suulomades can place a curse on you that blocks positive energy healing.
- Order of events:
- First wave of Red Named Elite Orthon Legionnaires. Use DPS weapons on them. Focus on one-at-a-time (marking one blue with Destruction or with a Monk's Fists of Light helps).
- Suulomades comes down. Tank get aggro and pull him into position in the cubbie, then others attack at his back. Disable traps now.
- 75% HP: Suulomades ports up top, he will stay there for 90 seconds. First wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires. Use DPS weapons on them. Always stop attacking Suulomades and kill the other monsters before continuing (except for final Fire Bat Detonators).
- Suulomades comes back down with the second wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires.
- 65% HP: Third wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires.
- 60% HP: Fourth wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires.
- 40% HP: Suulomades ports up top again, this time he will stay up there for 90 seconds.
- Place webs/blade barriers/etc. for non-exploding bats.
- Fifth wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires.
- Traps turn on. Everyone stand and fight from inside the cubbie if the traps weren't disabled.
- Fiendish Fire Bats and sixth wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires, while Suulomades is still up top.
- Suulomades comes back down with the seventh wave of green Elite Barbazu Legionnaires.
- Check the number of kills at this point; this is because the total number of green devils that ever spawn is fixed, and you want them to all be dead before you get to the last Orthons Legionnaires.
- Have the group hold off on getting the horned devil to 25% until the group gets 48 total kills. This should be the end of spawning green devils. (optional, but recommended)
- 25% HP: Second wave of Red Named Elite Orthon Legionnaires.
- Be ready to place webs/blade barriers/cloud kill/etc. for exploding bats.
- 10% HP: Fire Bat Detonators, which have an incineration attack that does ~100 fire damage each. Kill Suulomades fast.
- Bonus XP:
- Conquest Bonus: 64 monsters killed.
- Ingenious Debilitation Bonus: 8 traps disabled.
- Chests: 3:
- 1 Main raid loot chest (Warded appearance)
- 1 small box on the right - random loot only
- 1 small box on the left - random loot + side chest raid loot listed below
- NPC rewards: Up to 16 level items
Named Chest Drop
- Main Raidloot chest (Warded appearance):
- Bard's Cloak - Cloak: Charisma +6, Perform +15, Greater Command
- Bracers of the Glacier - Bracers: Glacial Assault, Spell Penetration III, Archmagi, Fire Shield (Cold)
- Gloves of the Glacier - Gloves: Glacial Assault, Efficient Metamagic - Maximize II, Efficient Metamagic - Extend II
- Enlightened Vestments - Outfit: Armor Bonus +6, Banishing Fists, Wisdom +6
- Full Plate of the Defender - +5 Mithral Full Plate: Fortification 100%, Attack Bonus +2, Protection +4
- Tharne's Goggles - Goggles: Tharne's Wrath, Sneak Attack Bonus +5, True Seeing, Search +15, Spot +15
- Tharne's Bracers - Bracers: Tharne's Wrath, Dexterity +6, Armor Bonus +6
- Yellow Dopant - which can be used to deconstruct Green Steel Weapons or Accessories
- +3 Ability tomes (BTC, hard and elite only)
- Raid loot side chest (small box appearance, hard and elite only):
- Omniscience - Heightened Awareness 4, Exceptional Resistance +2 (Reflex), Exceptional Fortification (25%)
- Vengeful Protector - +5 Mithral Large Shield, Incite +10%, Healing Amplification - 10%, Holy Burst, Shield Bashing - 20%
- Divine Vengeance that becomes:
- Divine Vengeance - +5 Cold Iron Longsword in the hands of any character
- Divine Vengeance - +5 Cold Iron Longsword: Holy, Axiomatic in the hands of a Lawful character
- Divine Vengeance - +5 Cold Iron Longsword: Holy Burst, Axiomatic Burst, Spell Resistance (30) in the hands of a character with 1-19 Paladin levels
- Divine Vengeance - +5 Cold Iron Longsword: Holy Burst, Axiomatic Burst, Spell Resistance (35), Radiance, Greater Dispelling in the hands of a level 20 Paladin
- Elite Barbazu Legionnaire - CR 23 on normal, Mandate of Shavarath (immunity to charm and a bonus to saves, immunity to banishment)
- Fiendish Fire Bat - CR 20 on normal, Mind Block (immunity to most mind-affecting spells and abilities)
- Fire Bat Detonator - CR 20 on normal, Mind Block (immunity to most mind-affecting spells and abilities)