Veteran Status allows an account to have the option to create new Heroic characters which start higher than Level 1 (which is the default for all new accounts).
- Veteran Status I allows characters to start with enough experience to reach Level 4
- Veteran Status II allows characters to start with enough experience to reach Level 7
- Veteran Status III* allows characters to start with enough experience to reach Level 10
- (* Veteran Status III cannot be earned, it is a special weekly event rarely offered by DDO to all players)
You can unlock Veteran status in several ways, usually either by purchasing one or both in the DDO Store, or by earning either 1,000 (for Vet I) or 3,000 (for Vet II) Total Favor. Veteran Status is also included when you purchase an upgraded version of Menace of the Underdark. Vet III is only available through special events.
- If purchase in DDO Store, one purchase applies to all servers.
- If accumulate 1,000 total favor on a single character, permanently* unlock level 4 Veteran status on that server only.
- If accumulate 3,000 total favor on a single character, permanently* unlock level 7 Veteran status on that server only.
- (* If the character is later deleted, Veteran Status is not lost.)
How it works
The choice to use Veteran Status is offered after the basic level 1 character is created. The Character arrives into the world on a special airship, where they must speak to Thealeh Auryath, an NPC on the bow of the ship, and choose what level to start. (This includes choosing "Level 1", and starting in The Grotto quest.)
They then progress, level by level, much as when speaking with a trainer, choosing their next class, feats, skills, and so forth. At the end of this process, they speak to a different NPC to choose a set of level-appropriate starter items (see below) based on the the class(es) they have selected. They then move to the airship captain, and enter the game world at the top of Falconer's Spire, the airship tower in the northern area of The Marketplace.
Note that you do not need to finish the leveling process if you do not wish to - you may stop at any time and enter the world. (This includes Level 1, which allows you to spend up to 4 Action Points immediately.) Your character still has the full amount of experience for whatever level you initially chose, so experience may be "capped", preventing the character from earning any more experience until you advance levels appropriate to that experience.
- For more information, refer to the Voyage.
Veteran Status III (level 10)
Veteran Status Level 10 is a limited-duration event introduced in Update 37. While the event is active, players can create characters and begin their adventure at level 10 with updated gear, a limited-duration level 10 hireling cleric, and more.
- Dec 7, 2017 - Dec 17, 2017
- Jun 28, 2018 - Jul 1, 2018
- Sep 20, 2019 - Sep 25, 2019
- Dec 9, 2021 - Jan 2, 2022
The starter gear is Veteran Status II gear, except the weapons are ML10, +5, 1.5[W], Acidic 3d6.