Anniversary Party (12th)
|This page is about a challenge that no longer exists in-game. It has been replaced by Anniversary Party (13th).|
|If you can verify that the challenge still exists, please and remove this template.|
The Coin Lords are putting on an anniversary party to mark the founding of Stormreach in 802 YK - but a group of fractious Kobolds are threatening to disrupt the celebrations.
|Duration:||Quest-like, no time limit|
|Base XP Range:||8,400 XP at level 35|
|Takes place in:||The Anniversary Party|
|Challenge entrance(s) in:||House Phiarlan|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
|5 Star Difficulty:||Easy|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Speak with Scrag the Kobold
- Speak with Harbormaster Zin
- Find The Dark Overlord
- Speak with Malicia in the Ballroom
- Return to Jeets and Enter His Mind
- Speak with Dream Jeets
- Defeat The Dark Overlord (* instance completion flag)
- (Optional) Defeat +Severlin
- (Optional) Defeat +Cordovan
- (Optional) Defeat +SteelStar
- (Optional) Defeat +Vargouille
Note: You must complete all non-optional star objectives to receive experience & rewards from this Challenge.
- Bear traps
- A trap with a Control panel in the theater by the inactive switch and wheel - trap effects unknown but possibly a cold-type trap.
- Honey traps in the Side Hall (cannot be disabled)
- Becoming coated in honey will severely slow you down. There are 2 pools of water, located in the back corners of the Side Hall. Going into the water will remove the honey. You can remove the honey from your hireling(s), if you summon the hireling(s) to you while inside the pool. Or, you can remove this effect by making the hireling rest (or wait for the effect to wear off normally).
Tips and Misc
- As per general challenge rules, a party should be formed of players within 3 levels of each other to prevent xp/challenge ingredient reward penalties
- For expediency, party can split up:
- One or two players zerg through the Chapterhouse (either by killing everything and avoiding bear traps along the way, or by stealth using invisibility; however, this latter method sometimes fails, especially around the Stage area) Note that there are also some levers that need to be pulled along the way to open gates, so some combat will likely be necessary.
- Meanwhile, the other players tackle the Devs:
- +Severlin with his comrade +Torc (a rust monster) are located upstairs in the Art Gallery. It is not necessary to defeat +Torc or the undead skeleton minions; you only need to defeat +Severlin for the objective
- +Cordovan is located in the Side Hall surrounded by his apiary and some ogres (which become active when you advance into the Side Hall room). There are some honey traps which will coat a player with honey, slowing them, and also making them susceptible to bee stings if you get close to the beehives in the center). Again, you only need to take down +Cordovan for the objective star. There is some Mist in front of the hall, which will teleport anyone who enters to a random spot in the room, and also give a negative level to non-warforged characters without Death Ward. Note also that the door to the Side Hall closes once +Cordovan becomes active, and only reopens upon his demise, or that of all the players in the room.
- +Steelstar is in the Library Archives with his iron defender pet +String Table Error (a reference to the DDO forum discussion about numerous in-game string table errors that have been plaguing DDO ); it is easy to become perpetually stunned by his lightning sphere attack (update 36 added a save). It is possible to avoid the lightning spheres that +Steelstar lobs at you if you keep moving around (for example, on the bookshelves in the middle of the room), or else gaining immunity to lightning sphere (either by casting Globe of Invulnerability or having a light monk buff the party with the Grasp the Earth Dragon finishing move (earth/light/earth) to avoid the stun effect). Again, it is only necessary to defeat +Steelstar to achieve the optional objective star.
- +Vargouille can be found randomly in any of the upper level Private Rooms; make sure you have deathward on before tackling him. +FlimsyFirewood, an orange-named Scarecrow, will also be found in one of the rooms. Once more, only +Vargouille needs to be killed, not +FlimsyFirewood or any of his undead minions.
- As per the Partycrashers quest, the toilet paper rolls in the restrooms function as shrines, so you do not need to worry about wiping. Additionally, it is possible to get back up the hall and off the walkway to the shrine by the entrance to the Chapterhouse.
- The Anniversary Party is a great source for collectables (primarily Lore, Arcane, and Herb); the tier of collectables you get from certain nodes in this challenge scale depending on the CR.
- After confronting Jeets in the throne room (at the end of the Chapterhouse path), one player needs to request the assistance of Malicia to advance. The +Knockback door on the upper level of the gala room becomes active as a shortcut back to the throne room, and Malicia will be there next to Jeets to send you into his demented mind to confront the Dark Overlord.
- Make sure to kill all of the Devs before heading into his mind for full rewards!
This quest offers special Anniversary rewards, Party Favors. If run at the same level as the highest-level character in the party, the quest reward is 5 Party Favors, with more offered as the quest is run at relatively higher levels.
Relative to the highest level party member...
- At-level: 5 Party Favors
- 1-2 levels above: 6 Party Favors
- 3-4 levels above: 7 Party Favors
- 5 or more levels above: 8 Favors (the maximum)
Running the quest below the level of the highest level member will result in fewer Favors, but as this is an intentionally "easy" quest, that is not recommended, except perhaps solo.
It should be obvious that, aside from Collectables and drop-loot Minimum Level, there is no reason to run the quest at +2, +4, or +6 (or more) above the level of the highest level character in the group, as no additional Party Favors will be awarded.
- Chests: 4 (Like in all challenges, base chest level is capped at 25.)
- 1 locked within the Display Hall.
- 1 after the end-fight.
- 2 chests placed randomly, in the Theater and Display Hall.
- Collectables: 19
- Bookshelf in the Side Hall, to the left (north) as you enter.
- Cabinet in the Art Gallery, at the end of the interior wall.
- 6 Flowering Plants placed around the upper level.
- Private Rooms:
- Two Flowering Plants in the hall by NohBob (NPC).
- Reagent's Cabinet & Adventurer's Pack in the northeast room (first room on the right).
- Bookshelf in the north-central room (second room on the right).
- Cabinet & Adventurer's Pack (on the bed) in the northwest room (third room on the right).
- Alchemy Table & Bookshelf in the southeast room (first room on the left).
- Reagent's Cabinet on the upper level of the Display Hall, to the west.
- Rubble in the stage pit in the Theater.
- Ingredient reward: 1-5 Party Favor (up to +50% when running overlevel - max 8)
- You must kill all the Devs to get the max ingredient reward.
- +Dr. Octothorp
- +Flimsy Firewood
- +Major Mal
- +No Dice
- +The Rocking Dead
- Bad Thoughts
- Dusty Skeleton
- The Bad Stuff
- Forgotten Wraith
- Fractious Kobold
- Fractious Kobold Shaman
- Fractious Kobold Slinger
- Fractious Ogre
- String Table Error
- The Dark Overlord