Misery's Peak... the very name dampens resolve and bodes ill of things to come. What few return from this place are broken, twisted, deranged slaves of the Devourer. Will that be your fate?
|Takes place in:||Misery's Peak|
|Quest acquired in:||Korthos Island|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Lars Heyton has a plan to rid Korthos Island of the ice dragon that's been besieging it. You are to meet Amalgam at Misery's Peak, the snowy mountain deep in the Korthos Island wilderness outside of the village.
- Learn Heyton's plan
- Find the Quori Mindsunder artifact
- Find a way to breach the barrier
- Activate the Signal Crystal control levers
- Slay the Ice Flenser
- Wait for an opportunity to strike
- Destroy the Quori Mindsunder
- Gather the entire party where Heyton awaits
- Speak with Lars Heyton
- Use Heyton's magical portal
- (Optional) Slay Frostbite, the spider queen (35% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- You only get a reward the first time you finish this quest. Choose carefully, as this is the only time you can get the remaining set item to go with the rewards from Sacrifices.
- This adventure is of average difficulty.
- Throughout the mission are runes on the floor. You need to kill the zombies (often in the form of frozen statues) around them to lower the shields, and then step on them to activate them.
- Aussircaex is the name of the white dragon being controlled. Darastrix Achthend is the name of the mindflayer controlling the dragon. Neither of them can be attacked or interacted with. (The only exception is in the chamber where Aussircaex sleeps, where you can target and attack her for a while, but she becomes non-selectable as soon as she starts chasing the other party.)
- The mission is picked up from Amalgam in Korthos Island, but Rinar d'Thuranni in Korthos Village is where you turn it in for a reward.
- Frostbite will be found in the large spider-filled cavern, in the southern shrine room, opened by the rune in the center of the room.
- You have to have your entire party gather at the end, and they must all be alive. Make sure no one goes AFK after they die.
- If you want conquest, you will have to fully clear all the ice spiders in the large chamber three times. This is the fastest way, even though Devourer Acolytes, Disciples, and Minions also respawn in a couple of places.
- Devourer Acolytes, Disciples, and Minions respawn in the room with the two round doors (where Aussircaex runs below you and you see the ruse is working).
- Aggression bonus: 113 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 147 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 180 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 22 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 28 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 35 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough
- Video Walkthrough:
- Chests: 1
- 1 optional for killing Frostbite (Ice Spider, found in the large spider-filled cavern, in the southern shrine room, opened by the rune in the center of the room)
- NPC rewards:
- Anger's Gift - Necklace: , ,
- Arcane Necklace - Necklace: , ,
- Archivist's Necklace - Necklace: Minor Mnemonic Enhancer (doesn't cure Feeblemind),
- Devoted Necklace - Necklace: , ,
- Nimble Brooch - Necklace: , ,
- Pathfinder's Necklace - Necklace: , ,
- Protector's Brooch - Necklace: , ,
- Troubleshooter's Necklace - Necklace: , ,
- Devourer Acolytes
- Devourer Disciples
- Devourer Minions
- Dwarf Zombies
- Elf Zombies
- Ice Spiders