Misery's Peak... the very name dampens resolve and bodes ill of things to come. What few return from this place are broken, twisted, deranged slaves of the Devourer. Will that be your fate?
|Heroic XP:||♣780 ♦1,420 ♥1,540 ♠1,660|
|Takes place in:||Misery's Peak|
|Quest acquired in:||Korthos Island|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Lars Heyton has a plan to rid Korthos Island of the ice dragon that's been besieging it. You are to meet Amalgam at Misery's Peak, the snowy mountain deep in the Korthos Island wilderness outside of the village.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Learn Heyton's plan
- Find the Quori Mindsunder artifact
- Find a way to breach the barrier
- Activate the Signal Crystal control levers
- Wait for an opportunity to strike
- Destroy the Quori Mindsunder
- Gather the entire party where Heyton awaits
- Speak with Lars Heyton
- Use Heyton's magical portal
- (Optional) Slay Frostbite, the spider queen (35% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- You only get a reward the first time you finish this quest. Choose carefully, as this is the only time you can get the remaining set item to go with the rewards from Sacrifices.
- This adventure is easier than most of this level.
- Throughout the mission are runes on the floor. You need to kill the zombies (often in the form of frozen statues) around them to lower the shields, and then step on them to activate them.
- Aussircaex is the name of the white dragon being controlled. Drastix Aschtand is the name of the mindflayer controlling the dragon. Neither of them can be attacked or interacted with. (The only exception is in the chamber where Aussircaex sleeps, where you can target and attack her for a while, but she becomes non selectable as soon as she starts chasing the other party.)
- The mission is picked up from Amalgam in Korthos Island, but Rinar d'Thuranni in Korthos Village is where you turn it in for a reward.
- Frostbite will be found in the large spider-filled cavern, in the southern shrine room, opened by the rune in the center of the room.
- You have to have your entire party gather at the end, and they must all be alive. Make sure no one goes afk after they die.
- Aggression bonus: 113 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 147 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 180 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 22 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 28 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 35 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough Part 1
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough Part 2
- 2 Part Video Walkthrough: Part 1, Part 2
- Chests: 1
- 1 optional for killing Frostbite (Ice Spider, found in the large spider-filled cavern, in the southern shrine room, opened by the rune in the center of the room)
- NPC rewards: These are the reward items for The Salvation of Korthos quest flag. Misery's Peak is a repeatable quest but The Salvation of Korthos cannot be repeated. Thus, you can only get one of the following items from Korthos.
These necklaces can also appear as end rewards in certain later quest chains, however, and there also exists the Gem of Many Facets from The Chronoscope raid, which provides the second half of all of these set bonuses simultaneously.
- Anger's Gift - Necklace: Strength +1, Resistance +1, Anger's Wrath
- Arcane Necklace - Necklace: Intelligence +1, Charisma +1, Arcane mind
- Archivist's Necklace - Necklace: Minor Mnemonic Enhancer (doesn't cure Feeblemind), Archivist
- Devoted Necklace - Necklace: Wisdom +1, Resistance +1, Devoted Heart
- Nimble Brooch - Necklace: Dexterity +1, Resistance +1, Nimble Hand
- Pathfinder's Necklace - Necklace: Dexterity +1, Resistance +1, Pathfinder's
- Protector's Brooch - Necklace: Strength +1, Resistance +1, Protector's Heart
- Troubleshooter's Necklace - Necklace: Dexterity +1, Resistance +1, Troubleshooter
- Devourer Acolytes - ♦0.5 ♥1 ♠3
- Devourer Disciples - ♦0.5 ♥1 ♠3
- Devourer Minions - ♦0.25 ♥1 ♠3
- Dwarf Zombies - ♦0.25 ♥1 ♠3
- Elf Zombies - ♦0.25 ♥1 ♠3
- Ghouls - ♦0.5 ♥2 ♠4
- Ice Spiders - ♦0.5 ♥1 ♠3
- Wights - ♦1 ♥3 ♠5
- Zombies - ♦0.25 ♥1 ♠3