From the Morgrave University archives -- "... the Chronoscope was build on a convergence line with the Outer Planes. It represents the height of Giant civilization, or at least a decent example of their borrowing from Argonnessen influences."
From the Morgrave University archives -- "Ancient fables speak of the Chronoscope teleporting Giant armies across Xen'drik during the Dreaming Dark war. But the Dragons of Argonnessen forbade any further use as a danger to the draconic Prophecy. It is unclear what threat such teleportation poses to the Prophecy."
|Requires access to : Devil Assault|
|Takes place in:||The Chronoscope|
|Bestowed by:||Nolan Gann|
|NPC contact:||Nolan Gann|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
Nolan Gann has asked you to protect his daughter, Nelle Gann, on her quest to find her brother. You can reach Nelle Gann by taking an Airship to the Chronoscope Excavation from Falconer's Spire in the Marketplace.
- No flagging is required for this raid.
- Introduce yourself to Nelle Gann
- Speak with Tremas to start the ritual
- Observe the ritual
- Dispatch Bazdor and his Tieflings
- Speak with Caratrix the Mind Flayer
- Search for Nelle Gann
- Find someone who can direct you to Nelle
- Gain access to the Marketplace by speaking with Delvarrion Iravati
- Negotiate with Tremas for Nelle's release
- Ransom demand: Retrieve the Gann's deposit box key from the Lordsmarch Bank
- Defeat Blood Plate
- Ransom demand: Return the deposit box key to Tremas in the Phoenix Tavern
- Speak with Nelle
- Destroy the Sliver of Time to reverse Nelle's aging
- Return through the Dimension Door in the Rusty Nail and seek Veheer's help
- Enter the Steam Tunnels and find a way to the Market tent
- Defeat Razor Arm
- Defeat Tremas' Abishai henchmen
- Escape the tent and report to Veheer
- (Optional) Reduce the Devil ground legions (Kill 40) Heroic: +25% Bonus. Epic: +25% Bonus.
- (Optional) Reduce the Devil air legions (Kill 8) Heroic: +35% Bonus. Epic: +35% Bonus.
- (Optional) Rescue Stormreach Defenders (Rescue 15) Heroic: +35% Bonus. Epic: +35% Bonus.
- (Optional) Turn the tide of battle against the Devil incursion. Heroic: +35% Bonus. Epic: +35% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Spawning/re-spawning monsters
- Randomly placed NPCs (optional: 15 Stormreach Defenders)
- Bug: Running this quest on Epic Hard will break elite streaks, even if members of the party are 3 or more levels above the epic quest base level of 20.
Tips and Misc
- There are a couple of vendors inside of the Rusty Nail, that make it possible to buy Flametouched Iron weapons (Bastard Sword, Battleaxe, Dagger, Greataxe, Greatsword, Heavy Mace, Long Sword, Rapier, Scimitar, Short Sword which can be used for Cannith Crafting, and Arrows and Bolts), Spell Components, Ammunition, Resist Energy Potions (CL:7, 20 points) and repair your gear.
- Useful item effects: Resist Energies: Acid, Cold, and Fire. You'll want electric too on elite/epic. ,
- Useful buffs: Death Ward, Neutralize Poison, Resist Energies: Acid, Cold, and Fire
- Professor Tremas' name is most likely based on Tremas of Traken, an alternate identity of "The Master", the archenemy of The Doctor in "Dr. Who", a TV show about time travel. Tremas is an anagram of Master.
- The name of one of the final demons "Tarvis" is very similar to "TARDIS", the time traveling machine of The Doctor in "Dr. Who".
- You can see Velah and Cydonie in the same tower as Veheer.
- It is common to skip a lot of the unnecessary mob encounters and go straight after Blood Plate as soon as you've reached the Phoenix tavern.
- Consider, there are five shrines in this quest and three boss encounters, and prepare with enough spell points before each boss encounter as appropriate.
- Once you've entered the Marketplace, you can drop Mass Invisibility on the group and haste towards the Blood Plate fight, though using this strategy will make it extremely difficult to get the mailbox treasure, so clearing at least until there is often a wise choice.
- During the battle against Blood Plate, casters should always keep crowd control spells up, and non-healers should clean out the arcane casters and armorers first before concentrating on the boss. Also drop cloud spells on the boss for the 20% attack miss chance.
- After Blood Plate, head to the Phoenix Tavern for a chest. You can then cast Dimension Door or Mass Invisibility and head into the Steam Tunnels. Basic strategy is the same, casters keep mobs at bay with crowd control while melees concentrate on Razor Arm.
- For the final battle:
- If your group is lacking in AOE DPS/Healing ability, you may have someone kite the 5 red named abishai, and pick them off one by one. If not, you can simply gather them all up, AOE DPS, and AOE heal. Even on epic difficulty they should all die in under 30 seconds in a group that has a reasonable chance at winning against the devastator.
- Once the Conjoined Abishai Devastator has appeared, have a player tank it facing away from the party, so your party won't wipe when it spews fire breath. Any character with good HP, threat, and saving throws is good for this task. A character with evasion and very high reflex saves can be quite useful, but is not necessary.
- Whenever the Conjoined Abishai Devastator drops some harmful cloud effects, have your casters blow it away using Gust of Wind, Cyclonic Blast, or Break Enchantment. Break Enchantment scrolls recommended, as they will always work (if targeted correctly) and save spell points.
- Casters should attempt to keep Deathward, Freedom of Movement, Greater Heroism, Haste and Rage going on for the tank all the time. Keep in the mind the Black Form can cast greater dispel and remove some of his buffs, so recasting them mid battle may be necessary.
- It is also common in epic raids to set healing rotations between the healers beforehand, so they don't over heal, and can stretch out their supply of spell points as long as possible to avoid needing to use mana potions.
- This is the only raid that won't block you from re-entering the final boss battle if you take an emergency leave with Dimension Door, so you can make good use of the one shrine inside the Rusty Nail, which can be helpful if your group is taking longer than expected.
- All other raids either permanently block reentries to boss fights, are boss fights from starts, or at least require a very long run back to the boss fight, long enough to jeopardize your group should you leave to shrine (Tempest Spine).
- Devious bonus: 25 or less monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 150 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 195 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 240 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 29 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 38 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 7 (+ 3 on epic)
- 1 optional for rescuing the Stormreach Defenders
- 1 optional for killing 8 Red Abishai Sky Raiders
- 1 disguised as a mailbox in front of the bank
- 1 (+ 1 on epic) for killing Blood Plate (Orthon, found inside the bank)
- 1 inside the Phoenix Tavern after killing Blood Plate (in back near band, labeled "Gann's deposit box")
- 1 (+ 1 on epic) for killing Razor Arm (Orthon, found inside the sewers)
- 1 (+ 1 Epic Chest on epic) at the end for killing the Conjoined Abishai Devastator
- The Epic Chest is in addition to the regular raid loot chest, and contains only shards and an epic raid token.
- NPC rewards:
- Choose from 9. End reward will contain several named items from the list below (generally nearly every one), as well as a few randomly-generated items, which will be BtA and no-ML.
- 20th Run Completion (epic): Choice of a shard from a partial list of the quest's named items.
Named Chest Drop
These items are.
- Gem of Many Facets - Trinket: , , , , , , , (End Optional Chests)
- Hellfire Crossbow - : , — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), (Razor Arm chest)
- Hellstroke Great Axe - Greataxe: , , (Blood Plate chest)
- Helm of Frost - Helm: , , — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), (End chest)
- Infested Armor - Full plate: , , , (Blood Plate chest)
- Scorched Bracers - Bracers: — 3 Charges (Recharged/Day:3), , , (End chest)