|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
|Requires access to adventure pack: Devil Assault|
From the Morgrave University archives -- "... the Chronoscope was build on a convergence line with the Outer Planes. It represents the height of Giant civilization, or at least a decent example of their borrowing from Argonnessen influences."
|Heroic XP:||♦4,240 ♥4,516 ♠4,792|
|Epic XP:||♦20,570 ♥20,984 ♠21,398|
|Takes place in:||The Chronoscope|
|NPC contact:||Nolan Gann|
|Quest acquired in:||The Marketplace|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
Nolan Gann has asked you to protect his daughter, Nell Gann, on her quest to find her brother. You can reach Nell Gann by taking an Airship to the Chronoscope Excavation from Falconer's Spire in the Marketplace.
- No flagging is required for this raid.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Introduce yourself to Nelle Gann
- Speak with Tremas to start the ritual
- Observe the ritual
- Dispatch Bazdor and his Tieflings
- Speak with Caratrix the Mind Flayer
- Search for Nelle Gann
- Find someone who can direct you to Nelle
- Gain access to the Marketplace by speaking with Delvarrion Iravati
- Negotiate with Tremas for Nelle's release
- Ransom demand: Retrieve the Gann's deposit box key from the Lordsmarch Bank
- Defeat Blood Plate
- Ransom demand: Return the deposit box key to Tremas in the Phoenix Tavern
- Speak with Nelle
- Destroy the Sliver of Time to reverse Nelle's aging
- Return through the Dimension Door in the Rusty Nail and seek Veheer's help
- Enter the Steam Tunnels and find a way to the Market tent
- Defeat Razor Arm
- Defeat Tremas' Abishai henchmen
- Escape the tent and report to Veheer
- (Optional) Reduce the Devil ground legions (Kill 40) (+25% Bonus.)
- (Optional) Reduce the Devil air legions (Kill 8) (+35% Bonus.)
- (Optional) Rescue Stormreach Defenders (Rescue 15) (+35% Bonus.)
- (Optional) Turn the tide of battle against the Devil incursion. (Kill 60) (+35% Bonus.)
What to Expect
- Spawning/re-spawning monsters
- Randomly placed NPCs (optional: 15 Stormreach Defenders)
- Bug: Running this quest on Epic Hard will break elite streaks, even if members of the party are 3 or more levels above the epic quest base level of 20 (Verified with level 25s in party)
Tips and Misc
- There are a couple of vendors inside of the Rusty Nail, that make it possible to buy Flametouched Iron weapons (Bastard Sword, Battleaxe, Dagger, Greataxe, Greatsword, Heavy Mace, Long Sword, Rapier, Scimitar, Short Sword which can be used for Cannith Crafting; and Arrows and Bolts), Spell Components, Ammunition, Resist Energy Potions (CL:7, 20 points) and repair your gear.
- Useful item effects: Deathblock; Disease Immunity; Proof Against Poison; Resist Energies: Acid, Cold, and Fire. You'll want electric too on elite/epic.
- Useful buffs: Death Ward; Neutralize Poison; Resist Energies: Acid, Cold, and Fire
- Professor Tremas' name is most likely based on Tremas of Traken, an alternate identity of "The Master", the archenemie of The Doctor in "Dr. Who", a TV show about time travel. Tremas is an anagram of Master.
- The name of one of the final demons "Tarvis" is very similar to "Tardis", the time traveling machine of The Doctor in "Dr. Who".
- It is common to skip a lot of the unnecessary mob encounters and go straight after Blood Plate as soon as you've reached the Phoenix tavern.
- Consider there are four shrines in this quest and three boss encounters and prepare with enough spell points before each boss encounter as appropriate.
- Once you've entered the Marketplace, you can drop Mass Invisibility on the group and haste towards the Blood Plate fight, though using this strategy will make it extremely difficult to get the mailbox treasure, so clearing at least until there is often a wise choice.
- During the battle against Blood Plate, casters should always keep crowd control spells up; non-healers should clean out the arcane casters and armorers first before concentrating on the boss. Also drop cloud spells on the boss for the 20% attack miss chance.
- After Blood Plate, head to the Phoenix Tavern for a chest. You can then cast Dimension Door or Mass Invisibility and head into the Steam Tunnels. Basic strategy is the same, casters keep mobs at bay with crowd control while melees concentrate on Razor Arm.
- For the final battle:
- If your group is lacking in AOE DPS/Healing ability, you may have someone kite the 5 red named abishai, and pick them off 1 by one. If not, you can simply gather them all up, AOE DPS, and AOE heal.. Even on epic difficulty they should all die in under 30 seconds in a group that has a reasonable chance at winning against the devastator.
- Once the Conjoined Abishai Devastator (CAD) has appeared, have a player tank it facing away from the party, so your party won't wipe when it spews fire breath. Any character with good HP, threat, and saving throws is good for this task. A character with evasion and very high reflex saves can be quite useful, but is not necessary.
- Whenever the CAD drops some harmful cloud effects, have your casters blow it away using Gust of Wind, Cyclonic Blast, or Break Enchantment. Break Enchantment scrolls recommended, as they will always work (if targeted correctly) and save spell points.
- Casters should attempt to keep Deathward, Freedom of Movement, Greater Heroism, Haste and Rage going on for the tank all the time. Keep in the mind the Black Form can cast greater dispel and remove some of his buffs, so recasting them mid battle may be necessary.
- It is also common in epic raids to set healing rotations between the healers beforehand, so they don't over heal, and can stretch out their supply of spell points as long as possible to avoid needing to use mana potions.
- This is the only raid that won't block you from re-entering the final boss battle if you take an emergency leave with Dimension Door, so you can make good use of the one shrine inside the Rusty Nail, which can be helpful if your group is taking longer then expected.
- All other raids either permanently block reentries to boss fights, are boss fights from starts, or at least require a very long run back to the boss fight, long enough to jeopardize your group should you leave to shrine (Tempest Spine).
- Devious bonus: 25 monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 50 monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 150 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 195 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 240 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 29 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 38 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 7 (+ 3 on epic)
- 1 optional for rescuing the Stormreach Defenders
- 1 optional for killing 8 Red Abishai Sky Raiders
- 1 disguised as a mailbox in front of the bank
- 1 (+ 1 on epic) for killing Blood Plate (Orthon, found inside the bank)
- 1 inside the Phoenix Tavern after killing Blood Plate
- 1 (+ 1 on epic) for killing Razor Arm (Orthon, found inside the sewers)
- 1 (+ 1 Epic Chest on epic) at the end for killing CAD
- The Epic Chest is in addition to the regular raid loot chest, and contains only shards and an epic raid token.
- NPC rewards: Choose from 9. End reward will contain several named items from the list below (generally nearly every one), as well as a few randomly-generated items, which will be BTA and no-ML.
All of these are Bound to Account on Acquire except the Battered Marketplace Shield (which is Bound to Character on Acquire).
- Battered Marketplace Shield - Large Shield: +3 Enhancement Bonus, Haggle +3 ←(enhancement bonus), Regeneration
- Boots of Corrosion - Boots: Corrosion +48, Nullification +48, Acid Resistance, Might of the Abishai
- Charged Gauntlets - Gloves: Shocking Blow, Might of the Abishai, Strength +2, Lightning Resistance
- Diabolist's Docent - Docent: Summon Monster III, Intelligence +3, Conjuration Focus
- Diabolist's Robe - Robe: Summon Monster III, Intelligence +3, Conjuration Focus
- Envenomed Cloak - Cloak: Poison Save +2, Poison Guard, Might of the Abishai, Constitution +3
- Goggles of Time-Sensing - Goggles: Haste, Spot +5, Search +5, Wisdom +2
- Staff of Nat Gann - +2 Quarterstaff: +2 Enhancement Bonus, Dodge +1, Dexterity +4, Sneak Attack Bonus +2, Silver
- Timeblade - +2 Longsword: +2 Enhancement Bonus, Slowburst, Feather Falling, Doublestrike 3%
- Gem of Many Facets - Trinket: Anger's Wrath Set, Arcane Mind Set, Archivist Set, Devoted Heart Set, Nimble Hand Set, Pathfinder's Set, Protector's Heart Set, Troubleshooter Set (End Optional Chests)
- Hellfire Crossbow - +2 Repeating light crossbow: +2 Enhancement Bonus, Scorching Ray, Flaming Burst [ML:4, BTA] (Razor Arm chest)
- Hellstroke Great Axe - Greataxe: +2 Enhancement Bonus, Double strike 3%, Keen (Blood Plate chest)
- Helm of Frost - Helm: Cold Resistance, Charisma +3, Frost Lance , Might of the Abishai (End chest)
- Infested Armor - Full plate: +2 Enhancement Bonus, Disease Guard, Spell Resistance (19), Light Fortification (Blood Plate chest)
- Scorched Bracers - Bracers: Fireball , Fire Resistance, Armor Bonus +4, Might of the Abishai (End chest)
- Shavarath Acolytes - Tieflings
- Shavarath Arcanists - Tieflings
- Shavarath Archers - Tieflings
- Shavarath Assassins - Tieflings
- Shavarath Soldiers - Tieflings
- Bazdor - Orange-named bearded devil
- Bearded Devil Troopers, - Orange named devils - very high HP
- Blood Plate - Purple named orthon; raid boss
- Conjoined Abishai Devastator - Purple-named abishai; final raid boss
- Drekk - Red-named abishai
- Flying Red Abishai - Orange named devils - relatively low HP, which regenerates
- Nox - Red-named abishai
- Razor Arm - Purple named orthon; raid boss
- Shavarath Armorer - Orange named tieflings
- Squall - Red-named abishai
- Tarvis - Red-named abishai
- Vitter - Red-named abishai