The Cannith Crystal
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Much of the Devourer cult is made up of former Korthos villagers.
|The Cannith Crystal|
|Takes place in:||Korthos Hall|
|Bestowed by:||Baldar the Bold|
|NPC contact:||Baldar the Bold|
|Quest acquired in:||Korthos Village|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
An ancient Cannith Crystal is all that prevents Korthos from being encased in ice. Go to Korthos Hall, in the Korthos Village next to the dock, and protect it from the Devourer cultists.
- Defeat all the Cultists (15 total)
- Protect the Cannith Crystal
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if the Cannith Crystal is destroyed)
- Protect a quest item (mandatory: The Cannith Crystal)
Tips and Misc
- This quest is a rework of the A Matter of Protection quest from the original harbor area.
- Non-melee characters, or any who find the combat too difficult, might want to stand away from the crystal to reduce the opponents faced at any one time.
- Hirelings can be a big help in this quest, especially melee types (such as [Byron Scoutsword]]).
- If you (or a hireling) has a Summon Monster spell, you can use the pets to engage the cultists before they rush to the crystal. (From the Korthos Hirling Vendor, the sorcerer Elizabeth Cinder is your only choice; if you go to the Harbor Hirling Vendor, there are several others.)
- It’s worth it to complete this quest at least twice so you can pick up both Axe Bane and Spear Bane. Because they give you damage resistance, they’re particularly useful at low levels when you’re low on hit points. Equip them in a hotbar, pay attention to the type of damage dealt by enemies and swap them out when needed.
- Next to the entrance is a painting of Korthos that you can click on.
- Dren Ral - Rare Red named Sahuagin caster, may appear only on Hard and Elite difficulties
- Aggression bonus: 9 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 12 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 15 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- rare for killing Dren Ral (Sahuagin caster)
- NPC rewards: Choice of armband:
- Axe Bane - Bracers: Lesser Axeblock
- Bracers of Assistance - Bracers: — 1 Charges (Recharged/Day:1)
- Spear Bane - Bracers: Lesser Spearblock
|Dren Ral (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Devourer Acolyte (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Devourer Minion (view)||Humanoid||Human|