|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
You enter one of the laboratories where, decades ago, House Cannith first imbued mystical life into automatons. Much later, these automatons became the Warforged.
|Heroic XP:||♣324 ♦540 ♥584 ♠628|
|Takes place in:||Cannith Manufactury|
|NPC contact:||Ursa Jernsvard, Korthos Village|
|Quest acquired in:||Korthos Island|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Ursa Jernsvard sent you to find the legendary Lars Heyton, whom she believes she saw somewhere in the Abandoned Cannith Manufactury.
Her recollection is blurry, but Ursa believes it's somewhere in the Old Cannith Ruins, on Korthos Island outside of the village. She says the entry duct is somewhere at the top of the ruins on the right side of the main road.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find Lars Heyton
- Find a way to disable the magical barrier
- Turn all the valves
- Destroy the Cannith Crystals (3 total)
- Convince Heyton to help Korthos
- Defeat the Sahuagin
- Protect Lars Heyton
- Speak with Heyton again
- (Optional) Close the valves to stop the poisonous steam (5% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some don't require rogue skills to be disarmed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Lars Heyton dies)
- Poison traps from pipes at intersection - controlled by valves behind secret doors
- Blade traps at intersection - two sets of traps controlled by separate boxes
Tips and Misc
Break the door on the far side of the open area in which you start. Follow the hallways until reaching an intersection near spraying poison and a blade trap. If you have decent search, there is a secret door on the northwest side of the intersection that hides a valve to turn on the first poison stream. The next valve is behind a secret door further south, just before the next stream.
Once past the acid and/or traps, go down the slope into the deeper portions of the Manufactury. Work your way around, noting the door with the blue force field. On the far side of the crates is a circular wooden door: open the door, travel to the cage with a chest and two Adamantine Defenders (Need to pick the lock of the door to access these defenders and chest). Whether or not you can open the door, continue until seeing a barred room with three sprayed crystals. Pick the lock to that room or open the nearby wooden door to reach the valve opening the door. Turn off the valves in the crystal room and break the crystals. Go back to the room with the Adamantine Defenders and open the cage, if you have not done so.
Finally, go through the tunnel that was previously blocked by a force field. Assemble your entire party on the platform where Heyton stands, and only then speak to him. This will trigger the ending battle, where you will have to defend Heyton against six waves of sahuagin attackers. Melee characters that have spent points in Intimidate should use it to keep the sahuagin's attacks off Heyton, and healers should do their best to keep the party and Heyton alive. Murm Dul, the boss of the instance, spawns on the very last wave with four to five attackers. Shut him down quickly before he can use Bane or any other spells to turn the battle in the sahuagin's favor.
After defeating the sahuagin and seeing Heyton through the battle, speak to him again to finish the quest.
- This quest is a rework of the Steal the Healing Elixir quest from the original harbor area.
- There is a ladder reachable by climbing on the stack of crates but the top of the shaft is sealed by a magical barrier. This is left from the original quest, and cannot be accessed.
- The area beneath the final platform where Heyton stands is left from the original quest. It can be accessed by standing in the pool while other party members talk to Heyton. There is no quest material under the floor.
- Heyton is able to have any magic or clickies used upon him, if you have healing spells or the Bracers of Assistance, etc.
- The best way to keep Heyton alive as a melee character is to use your Intimidate skill to draw their attacks away from him and onto you.
- After you destroy the Cannith Crystals, any remaining rusty iron defenders in the dungeon are immobilized and will not attack. However, you can’t target them either, so you can’t destroy them to help garner an XP bonus.
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 18 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 22 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 27 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 1 traps disarmed
- Observance bonus: 1 secret doors discovered
- Mischief bonus: 15 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 19 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 24 breakables smashed
- Chests: 2
- 1 behind a locked door, inside a cage with Rusty Iron Defenders, down a corridor from the western wall
- 1 at the end after you finish talking to Heyton
- NPC rewards: Choice of a cloak
- Cloak of Faith - Cloak: Shield of Faith
- Curative Cloak - Cloak: Cure Light Wounds
- Feather Cloak - Cloak: Feather Fall
- Thought Spike - Rune Arm: Force Shot, Will Save +1, Rune Arm Imbue: Force I, Craftable Rune Arm (+2)
- Arcane Skeleton
- Rusty iron defender - CR ? (casual), 0.25 (normal), 1 (hard), 3 (elite)
- Sahuagin Adept - CR ? (casual), 1 (normal), 2 (hard), ? (elite)
- Sahuagin Baron - CR ? (casual), 2 (normal), 3 (hard), 5 (elite)
- Sahuagin Warrior - CR ? (casual), 1 (normal), 2 (hard), ? (elite)
- Sahuagin Whelp - CR ? (casual), 0.5 (normal), 1 (hard), 2 (elite)