Dozens have been taken from Korthos Village, never to be seen again except as slaves of the Devourer, lusting only to spill the blood of their former neighbours.
|Takes place in:||Cannith Aquaduct|
|Bestowed by:||Viggie Storr|
|NPC contact:||Viggie Storr|
|Quest acquired in:||Korthos Island|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Mayor Viggie Storr sent you to rescue his daughter, and many other Korthos villagers who have been kidnapped by the Devourer Sahuagin and Cultists.
They are being held in the Cannith Aqueduct. To reach the Aqueduct, you must travel through the Korthos Island wilderness to the Eastern-most point of the island. You must find a path to climb up the cliff there. The entrance to the Aqueduct is at the top of the cliff.
- Find and rescue Arissa
- (Optional) Rescue all the villagers - 10 total Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Kill Drenyl Fallow Heroic: +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Put to rest the skeletal mage Heroic: +20% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spikes and Blades; in north heading tunnel after climbing ladder from shrine passage; control box is along the western wall.
Tips and Misc
- This adventure is easier than most of this level.
- This quest is a reworking of the Sewer Rescue quest from the original harbor area.
- The villagers are being held in two areas: in the room with the two bridges (in cells on either end of the room), and at the end of the quest.
- Sab Vurl may appear in the NW corner of the room with bridge over water, after you pull the second lever (in the space with the lever to free the first set of villagers).
- The Skeletal Mage is across the corridor with the shrine room; to get to him, you have to hop across the rafters, starting at the southern end.
- Drenyl Fallow is past the closed gate to the west, near the end; Arissa can sometimes be found there instead of in the cells at the end.
- The cultists just after the first area of captives respawn every three minutes or so, making the Conquest bonus possible. Assigning a hireling to attack the respawns in this corner can save some time while the rest of the party goes on ahead.
- Map notes:
- Arissa can spawn at one of two locations: either in the right-hand cell with the second group of captured villagers or next to Drenyl Fallow. Both possible locations are marked on the map.
- On an Elite run you can kill approx. 25, missing any kill bonus. The 2 minions after the bridge respawn to collect additional kills.
- Aggression bonus: 29 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 38 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 47 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 27 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 35 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 43 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3 - 4
- 1 behind a locked door, underwater, where the bridges are (can use Knock from up top facing the door)
- 1 for killing Sab Vurl (Sahuagin caster, doesn't always spawn, found in the northwest corner of the room with bridge over water, after you pull the second lever)
- 1 optional for killing the Skeletal Mage (found across the corridor with the shrine room; to get to him, you have to hop across the rafters, starting at the southern end)
- 1 optional for killing Drenyl Fallow (Human Necromancer, found past the closed gate to the west, near the end)
- NPC rewards: Half of the Korthos Island set (the other half comes from Misery's Peak end reward)
- Anger's Step - Boots: — 2 Charges (Recharged/Day:2), , Set Bonus [To-Hit Bonus +2 (untyped, stacks with competence)]
- Arcane Goggles - Goggles: , , Set Bonus [15% improvement to 1st level spells]
- Archivist's Goggles - Goggles: , , Set Bonus [Spell Points +20]
- Devoted Goggles - Goggles: , , Set Bonus [+20% Healing to 1st level spells]
- Nimble Grasp - Gloves: , Striding 5%, Set Bonus [To-Hit Bonus +1, +2 Damage to Sneak Attacks]
- Pathfinder's Boots - Boots: , Striding 5%, Set Bonus [To-Hit Bonus +2]
- Protector's Gloves - Gloves: , DR 1/-, Set Bonus [Light Fortification, Insight AC Bonus +1]
- Troubleshooter's Goggles - Goggles: , , , Set Bonus [ , , Insight Bonus to all Saves +1]
|Drenyl Fallow (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Arcane Skeleton (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Devourer Minion (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Sab Vurl (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Sahuagin Adept (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Sahuagin Warrior (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Sahuagin Whelp (view)||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Small Brown Spider (view)||QL3:; QL?:||Vermin||Spider|