Alignment: True Neutral
Organization: Usually solitary
- Blown to Bits
- Bring Me the Head of Ghola-Fan! — Golem room, left side before the first crest door.
- Entering the Gate Chamber — South from the secret door
- Escort the Expedition — North from the pool room. Guards two chests.
- Haywire Foundry — Protecting the Master Control Unit
- Hold for Reinforcements
- Made to Order — Walking in the lava pool
- Maraud the Mines — Rare; DR /Adamantine; Northeast wing
- Power Play
- Research Facility
- Schemes of the Enemy
- Tempest's Spine — Guarding the portal to Lair of Fire and Ice
- The Jungle of Khyber — In a cave after the beholder area, together with Huarn Luridae
- The Keeper's Sanctuary — Big east room
- The Lord of Blades
- The Vault of Night
- Good Intentions — End boss
- Legendary Tempest's Spine
Description: Electricity damage slows an iron golem (as the Slow spell) for 30 seconds, with no saving throw.
An attack that deals fire damage breaks any slow effect on the golem and heals 1 point of damage for each 3 points of damage the attack would otherwise deal. For example, an iron golem hit by a fireball gains back 6 hit points if the damage total is 18 points. An iron golem gets no saving throw against fire effects.
Iron Golems have massive elemental absorption. 50% Absorption for ALL Energy types. This includes: Lightning, Cold, Acid, Sonic, Light and even force damage. Before Update 9, an Iron golem was strictly immune to all of those elements.