Halls of Shan-To-Kor
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : The Seal of Shan-To-Kor|
You must finish the battle against Shaagh and take back the Seal of Shan-To-Kor before its power is turned against Stormreach.
|The Halls of Shan-To-Kor|
|Takes place in:||Halls of Shan-To-Kor|
|Bestowed by:||Wayfinder Dael|
|NPC contact:||Wayfinder Dael|
|Quest acquired in:||The Steam Tunnels|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
Wayfinder Dael has asked you to retrieve the Seal of Shan-To-Kor. She believes the leader of the Cloven-Jaw Hobgoblins knows of its whereabouts.
Somewhere in the depths of these tunnels is a Kobolds' Blockade. That is the path to the Halls of Shan-To-Kor.
Search these halls for the Seal of Shan-To-Kor.
- This is the finale of the story arc The Seal of Shan-To-Kor.
- Acquire Seal of Shan-To-Kor
- Defeat the Guardian of Shan-To-Kor
- (Optional) Slay the minotaur guard +10% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Point of no return
- Acid trap just south of the first shrine, after the spider ambush. Control box is on the pillar to the left, at the top of the ramp. There's an alternate box past the traps, on the left when you get to the wooden catwalk around the room, if you critically fail the first. If you're trying to get the Ingenious Debilitation bonus, you can disarm this trap even if you succeed in the first, either if you blow another trap or to avoid the double ice ramp one.
- Fire traps in the room with the crystal-locked gates, guarding the ladder up to the upper lever. The box is right before the ladder.
- Fire traps guarding the bridge just past the crystal-locked gates. Control box is on the eastern wall as you enter the room.
- Fire and spike traps in the big room below. One control box right at the bottom of the ramp (disables some of the fire and spike traps along the western wall); the other is on the western wall, about two-thirds of the way around (disables the rest of the fire and spike traps along the western wall).
- Ice traps going down the ramp in the northern corridor. Control box is on the north wall just before the ramp.
- Ice traps going up the next ramp. Control box is on the north wall at the bottom.
- Ice traps on both ramps in the western corridor. Control box for both is at the bottom, on the western wall.
- Spike traps at the base of all four ramps. No way to disable them. If you stay in the center as you approach the level area, you should be safe.
Tips and Misc
- You can enter this quest either directly from the previous quest, or by returning to the Kobold's Blockade. Either way, Hetman Shaagh's Notes can be destroyed at any point.
- You can either lower the bridge by using a ranged weapon on the lever next to it on the other side, or go around, via secret doors on either side of the bridge. A jump of 33 (perhaps lower) will also let you jump across beside the bridge.
- After the bridge, there's a spider ambush at the bottom of the ramp; a gate will come down at the bottom of the ramp behind you once you get to the center of the level area. It will raise once all the spiders are killed, or after a minute. Another gate drops at the top, just before the acid traps; this one will on be raised after killing all 7 spiders.
- Just past the acid traps and the shrine is the first most likely place for a party wipe. You are in a room with water below and archers/casters on different levels. There are a series of three levers around the room, all of which must be flipped to advance. As you flip the levers, one gate near the exit goes up. The highest level is accessed with a ladder covered with a fire trap. The best way to advance is have a rogue disable the fire and acid traps before attempting a full assault with the rest of the party. The acid traps can be jumped with good timing, but become a liability if attempting to flee to the shrine with soul stones.
- The fire and spike room can be fatal if you're not careful. Even with both boxes successfully disarmed, some of the traps are still in operation; the safe path will be along the western wall.
- The minotaur guard can be found immediately past the fire and spike room. Gates will come down blocking your retreat or advance for a minute, or until you kill him. The wheel at the back of this area disables the traps that can be disabled in the previous room, so if the party doesn't have a rogue, if one character can get through to this point, he can clear the western wall traps for the others by turning the wheel.
- There's an ambush, consisting of hobgoblins and oozes, in the southeast corner past the minotaur room as you approach the adventurer's pack. A gate will drop on the north side of the corner (but the east stays open) for a minute, so make sure not to split your party.
- The chamber of the Guardian is a point-of-no-return: be sure to use the shrines before going down because you cannot go back to them. You have to climb down a ladder to a door which serves as a floor, until you turn a valve, which drops you down the rest of the (short) distance. To wake the Guardian, you have to stand on a slightly raised bit in the center of the room.
- When the Guardian gets down to two-thirds HP, one of the medium earth elementals will awaken. The other awakens when the Guardian is at one-third HP. The spell command works well on the elementals, so that everyone else can pound on the Guardian.
- The Seal of Shan-To-Kor does show up on Casual.
- Aggression bonus: 37 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 48 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 59 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 30 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 39 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 48
- Video Walkthrough
- Spyderwolf's Youtube Video Quest Walkthrough or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Four
- One behind secret door just past tunnel from the spiral ramp
- One in the room with the crystal-locked gates, across from the lowest level. Featherfall is required to get to it, and it's locked. It can be picked, or there's a silver key beneath a STR-locked (19-20 required) door under the water.
- One just past the fire-trapped bridge
- One after defeating the Guardian; contains the Seal of Shan-To-Kor as well as other items
- Collectables: Seven
- Moss at the bottom of the spiral ramp near the start, behind the central pillar
- Rubble in the water below the spiral ramp near the start
- Rubble behind secret door just past tunnel from the spiral ramp
- Rubble in the water in the room with the crystal-locked gates
- Crude Altar at the end of the walkway at the top of the room with the crystal-locked gates
- Rubble just past the fire-trapped bridge
- Adventurer's Pack in the southwest corner past the minotaur
- NPC rewards: A selection of unique items; plus a selection of random +2 armors, SKILL+5 items, and ABILITY+2 items. They're all Bound (to Account) upon acquire. Most (if not all) of the random stuff will have no ML.
Named Chest Drop
- Ring of Feathers - Ring: (End chest)
- Sword of the Giant Slave-Master - +1 Greatsword: , (End chest)
- Wayfinder's Armor - +2 Chain shirt: - Sapphire of Invalid Magnitude or use Template:Hp. (End chest)
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 07:48:11 result from cache, age: 18:19:56 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)