|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Cloven-jaw Scourge: Blockade
|Requires access to adventure pack: The Seal of Shan-To-Kor|
Wayfinder Dael made it far into the Steam Tunnels before she was forced to retreat. Watch for the signs she left behind.
|The Cloven-jaw Scourge:Blockade|
|Heroic XP:||♣632 ♦1,140 ♥1,226 ♠1,313|
|Takes place in:||The Kobold's Blockade|
|NPC contact:||Wayfinder Dael|
|Quest acquired in:||The Steam Tunnels|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
Wayfinder Dael has asked you to retrieve the Seal of Shan-To-Kor. She believes the leader of the Cloven-Jaw Hobgoblins knows of its whereabouts.
Somewhere in the depths of these tunnels is a Kobolds' Blockade. You must fight through it to reach the Cloven-Jaw Hobgoblins on the other side.
- This is the first part of The Seal of Shan-To-Kor story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Get past the kobolds' blockade
- Slay Amrog, the Gatewarden
- Find the entrance to the Hobgoblin stronghold
- (Optional) Slay the captive wight priest (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat the kobold ambush - 12 total (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay 50 Kobolds (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Human Necromancer (35% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, 1 undisarmable)
- Points of no return
- Overlapping floors
- Puzzle (mandatory: tile puzzle)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Runes (optional: require INT checks)
- Stat check (optional: 1 door, requires STR check to break down; 2 runes, require INT checks to activate)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to The Cloven-jaw Scourge: The Caverns of Shaagh)
- Spike and blade trap in the room to the north after the second drop, behind the locked gate
- Sonic trap behind a secret door in the water, protecting a collectable. Fires once; no way to disable.
- Spike traps behind the crystal-locked door. Two sets of them, and the control panels only disable half of the corresponding set.
Tips and Misc
- The INT runes near the entrance require INT 17 to activate.
- If you can activate them, an optional wight priest will spawn.
- The kobold ambush optional will also count towards the slay 50 kobolds optional
- There are several points where you have to drop from one level to a lower one. After that point, there is no way to return to the previous higher level.
- The first of these is just past the first shrine, after you pass the blockade.
- The second is actually in the same spot, after you drop down into the Puzzle Room.
- The Puzzle Room warns you not to power the four posts. Each post, once powered will spawn a spider, one of which will be a Black Widow. Spin the tiles away from posts to eliminate this threat.
- Behind the locked gate to the north, after the second drop, will be a group of kobolds and a chest with a closed gate on one side and a wooden door on the other. The door will need to be smashed to open.
- Killing the Kobolds will unlock the chest and open the gate.
- Fighting too close to the wooden door may break it down before you are ready, making for a much larger fight.
- The human necromancer is past the door which you need to smash down, just before the long ladder down; a STR of 15-16 is required (fireball or burning hands can also be used)
- Bonus XP
- Aggression bonus: 51 monsters killed
- Onslaught bonus: 66 monsters killed
- Conquest bonus: 81 monsters killed
- Tamper bonus: 2 traps disarmed
- Neutralization bonus: 3 traps disarmed
- Mischief bonus: 84 breakables smashed
- Vandal bonus: 109 breakables smashed
- Ransack bonus: 134 breakables smashed
- Chests: Five
- One down the western fork on the upper level, which spawns a kobold ambush
- One behind the locked gate to the north, after the second drop
- One behind the iron key locked sewer tunnel to the west after the second drop, just before the long ladder down
- One in the room with the long bridge and the mushrooms, to the northwest
- One at the very end, past the entrance to the stronghold
- Collectables: Nine
- Moss down the western fork on the upper level, just before the kobold ambush chest
- Crude Altar just before the first big drop, after the first shrine
- Cabinet after the second drop, with the zombies
- Cabinet with the human necromancer
- Alchemy Table to the north after the long ladder down
- Rubble in the water before the crystal-locked door, by the third shrine
- Adventurer's Pack behind a secret door to the north of the watery tunnel, protected by a sonic trap
- Moss to the south on the mid-point level in the mushroom area
- Adventurer's Pack to the north on the mid-point level in the mushroom area
- NPC rewards: None, until you finish quest chain.
- Arcane Skeleton
- Black Widows
- Brown Spiders
- Dwarf Zombie
- Elf Zombies
- Glass Spider
- Gray oozes
- Halfling Zombie
- Hobgoblin Guard
- Hobgoblin Infiltrator
- Human Necromancer
- Kobold Shamans
- Kobold Sneaks
- Kobold Throwers
- Kobold Warriors
- Skeleton Archer
- Skeleton Swordsmen
- Skeleton Veterans
- Small Brown Spider
- Wight Priest