Obsolete quest items
From DDO wiki
Some quest items are not destroyed and remain in your inventory after quest completion; alas, most are useless and can usually safely be deleted after completing the quest (see below for exceptions).
Useless Quest Items
- Aspect Crystal from Raiding the Giants' Vault
- (The) Black Prophecy - Necropolis Part 3: The Cursed Crypt
- Calliphor's Phylactery - And the Dead Shall Rise...
- The phylactery holding the soul of Calliphor Validus.
- Gilded Scroll Case - The Storehouse's Secret
- This scroll case is sealed shut with arcane writings.
- (The) Heretical Path - Necropolis Part 1: The Bloody Crypt
- Hetman Shaagh's Notes - The Cloven-jaw Scourge: The Caverns of Shaagh
- Jael's Mission Journal - Delera's Tomb: The Missing Party
- Journal Entry - Tomb of the Forbidden
- (The) King of Cats Grimoire - Tomb of the Immortal Heart
- Kobold Mining Union Rulebook - You can obtain a new one at the start of the Crystal Cove challenge.
- Letter to Annelisa - The Keeper's Sanctuary
- Livingstone's Journal - An Offering of Blood
- The journal is ruined by mildew and moisture...
- Magical Book - Recovering the Lost Tome
- Methods of Arcane Thanatology - Tomb of the Immortal Heart
- Official Document - Tomb of the Forbidden
- Official Letter - Tomb of the Forbidden
- Paen to the Lord of Serpents - Tomb of the Immortal Heart
- Phylactery of Raiyum
- This is one of the 3 items you need to turn in to Zawabi the Elder Djinni. If you have more than 1 or if you're already flagged for Zawabi's Revenge, then go ahead and discard this item.
- The Pit Restart Guide - You can obtain a new one each time you run The Pit.
- Rudyka Tywand's Journal Entry - Let Sleeping Dust Lie
- Scroll of Decay - The Keeper's Sanctuary
- This scroll seems to examine ways to hasten the rate of decay on objects rather than slowing them.
- Scroll of Preservation - The Keeper's Sanctuary
- This scroll contains arcane incantations for preserving articles to be used by monks and priests in service to the Keeper.
- Scroll of The Black Moon
- Smuggler's Rubies - The Smuggler's Warehouse
- You need to turn in 10 of these to Fitzpat the Fence, but you can frequently gather 11 or more; any left after completion can be safely discarded.
- (The) Twisted Apocrypha - Necropolis Part 2: The Shadow Crypt
- Xorian Cipher
- Zulkash's Grimoire - Doom of the Witch-doctor: Zulkash, Herald of Woe
- Haunted Library - Tome of Bone, Tome of Flesh and Tome of Blood
Items with Limited Use
- Threnal Ceremonial Blade - This item gives you a small amount of optional experience and a weapon with no special qualities other than 2 augment slots (ML 8) when doing The Threnal Arena
- Phylactery of Raiyum, Orb of the Efreet, Orb of the Djinn, Blood Bowl
- These 3 items are needed to turn in to Zawabi the Elder Djinni. If you have more than 1 or if you're already flagged for Zawabi's Revenge, then go ahead and discard extra items. Orb of the Efreet is turned into Orb of the Djinni by talking to the quest giver Jaefan Druz
- Seal of the Heavens: This is a quest item obtained at the end of The Chamber of Kourush. This item is used in The Chamber of Raiyum for an optional way of slaying Mehrdad the Djinni.
- Seal of the Soul: This is a quest item obtained at the end of The Chamber of Rahmat. This item is used in The Chamber of Raiyum for an optional way of slaying Akvan the Djinni.