Base price modifier: -2 effective
Effect: This item's enchantments are more powerful than normal for an item of this level (+2 total enhancement value). Information that an item has wondrous craftsmanship is not included in an item's name but is described in its description when hovering over the item, however, the item border is blue, similar to named items.
See also: Masterful Craftsmanship
Item with Wondrous Craftsmanship enchantments used to drop in Wheloon and Storm Horns quests, as well as in the chain rewards for these quests. All items with Wondrous Craftsmanship are . Some of the items had unique appearances, such as the wondrous heavy mace. These items never had augment slots. The items used to be craftable. Compasses (wondrous trinkets) were the only randomly generated trinkets in the game.
Following the Update 29 randomly generated loot changes, after several unfortunate fixes, the following applies to most legacy wondrous items:
- They are no longer craftable
- Most are now ML 14. This includes cosmetic items created via Mirror of Glamering!
- They have the hardness and durability of ML1 items.
- All weapons have exactly 1[W], regardless of their minimum level.
As of Update 36 (or earlier) new type of unique rewards is now available in Wheloon/Storm Horns:
- All are and have the Masterful Craftsmanship enchantment.
- These items have 3 enchantments, all provide the maximum effect available for their minimum level.
- Chance for augment slot.
- Chance for Mythic Boost.
Some (but not all) of these unique Wheloon/Stormhorns items can be consumed for sentient XP.