Item:Mirror of Glamering
Mirror of Glamering copies the appearance of a piece of armor, docent, goggles, helmet, weapon, or shield, creating a cosmetic version of that item. Introduced in Update 23, Mirror of Glamering is available from the DDO Store for 245 , and also as a rare reward in Daily Dice.
Double-click the mirror to start a barter interface. Drag an item to the ingredient list. Select the appropriate recipe. Click Create Cosmetic. You will not be able to glamer an item if you have a stack of mirrors or they are locked in your inventory.
Equip the cosmetic items in your cosmetic inventory slots to change your appearance. Cosmetic appearance can be toggled on and off.
- The Mirror of Glamering is consumed when used.
- The original item you were copying remains intact.
- The new cosmetic item is Bound to Account and does not have a minimum level restriction.
- Racial restrictions of the original item apply also for its cosmetic copy. This includes cosmetic copies of iconic starter gear, which will remain restricted to the same iconic type.
- Items created by Mirror of Glamering can't be used in the Stone of Change.
- Mirror cannot be used with temporary in-quest items.
- Items with temporary damage cannot be copied. Repair the item first. Testing on permanently damaged items needed.
- Cosmetic items with a set bonus may contain Set Bonus text in their tooltip, but these do not function as part of their respective sets.
- Armor with single-use cosmetic Armor Kits applied are ineligible for the Mirror. No duplicating the appearance of one of those Kits!
Since Update 24, weapons can be glamered.
- The Mirror of Glamering makes a copy of the base look of a weapon and retains the weapon's particle effects (such as flaming).
- The weapon cosmetic is only displayed on your character when you are wielding a weapon with the same combat style. The current combat styles are one-handed, two-handed, quarterstaff, great axe, crossbow, repeating crossbow, bow, rune arm, orb, and shield-only.
- Handwraps are able to be made into cosmetics, but have NO altered visuals or auras, and cannot have auras added to them.
- Thrown weapons can now be Glamered, however, once the thrown item leaves your hand it reverts to the visual of your equipped weapon.
- A Glamered Weapon Aura can be used to create a cosmetic effect, such as flaming, on a weapon.
- Acquired From: Daily Dice, DDO Store
- Minimum Level: None
- Effect: Insert an item to make a cosmetic version of it. This consumes the mirror.
- Value: 10
- Weight: 0.01 lbs
- Stack size: 10
- Tips: Some deprecated armor types are still available from the chain reward list of older adventure packs.
Cosmetic from named items
|Dwarven war axe
|One-handed Style Throwing weapons
|Great axe Style
|Repeating Crossbow Style
|Repeating heavy crossbow
|Repeating light crossbow