May I extend my warmest welcomes and offer you any help you may need? Thanks for your contributions, mate!
- ...First, you may want to check out our FAQ page.
- ...There's a wealth of wiki documentation on the Help page, perhaps some of it may be of use to you.
- ...Before you upload your screenshots, which we really appreciate, please read our file naming policy.
- ...With the wiki's most recent update from version 1.23 to 1.31, we now have many new features and abilities.
- ...There's a really good Introduction over on Wikipedia also, it should help you figure out what's going on if you're new to wikis in general.
- ...Don't forget to change your DDOwiki user preferences.
- ...We pride ourselves on providing the best and most accurate information possible and are happy to reward our editors with extra privileges for making that happen. The first step in the promotion ladder turns off the CAPTCHA edit tests and you can check out the details Here.
If you need help with something above and beyond what the links above can provide...
- ...Someone is most always available! You can drop me a message on my user talk page (which I watch like a hawk), grab my other contact info on my user page, or ask one of the users on the list of 15 administrators.
- ...Be sure to check out our live chat on the Discord chat server for DDOwiki or and our Social Media Sites!
Again, welcome to the wiki - and I can't thank you enough on behalf of the community for your help in making us the best DDO site around
Hey! Nice images you are getting in there. If you allow me, let me give you a tip regarding dark environments (which I forgot to mention in my talk page). Try to always target the monster when you take the picture. This will slightly 'lighten up' the monster, making it more visible. However, of course this will not solve all the problems with dark environments (as if I was an expert on the subject, be aware this is a personal opinion). ⇒ MrLizard (Contribs • Message • Email) 15:17, October 13, 2020 (EDT)
- Oh, I actually usually try -not- to target-lightup monsters when taking screenshots, I avoid that on purpose, because target-highlighting an enemy subtly changes the shading of their name, which doesn't matter for most common mobs but can sometimes make it difficult to tell the difference between an orange-name and a red-name, so I don't like it. But your advice is appreciated, so I will reconsider this and maybe highlight critters for future screenshots! ⇒ TheWarforgedArtificer (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 15:22, October 13, 2020 (EDT)
- (and random sidenote; although it -is- one of the few screenshots I accidentally had the mob targeted for, I think I'm most proud of my Boromar Alpha screenshot. I've still got more coming, will put the rest of them up later, but -that- screenshot in particular I think was captured at exactly the perfect time and angle, hahaha!) ⇒ TheWarforgedArtificer (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 15:25, October 13, 2020 (EDT)