Game Revision Dates
Thought I should just point out that I've changed this template back to manually updated, because the template was only showing the most recent update regardless of the time it was given. ⇒ PurpleSerpent (Contribs • Message • Email) 09:28, January 25, 2022 (EST)
I saw that you are putting much effort in reworking the quest collactable part.
But: Removing the collectable=None tags means you are removing the validated information that a quest has no collectables. ⇒ Corgrind (Contribs • Message • Email) 14:42, February 12, 2023 (EST)
- Is there a reason we need that? Do people look specifically for quests with no collectables? What is the use case for needing that information - I can come up with a solution for that if needed, I just don't see the need. 👟 ShoeMaker ( Talk • Contribs • Email • Patrol • Moves • B • D • I • PP • UM • UR ) 👟 14:49, February 12, 2023 (EST)
- For the simple example that someone does a page review, it's a difference if there is a statement that something does not exist or if it may have been forgotten. I definitely can tell that especially level 17+ quest are a hell to review especially at this point.
- Also, generally from a mathematic and statistic view zero is a valid number and worth to be mentioned ;-) ⇒ Corgrind (Contribs • Message • Email) 17:34, February 12, 2023 (EST)
- This does strike me as being useful, although collectables are something I don't really deal with myself. If nothing else it helps indicate that we have, in fact, checked the quest for collectables, and found none. ⇒ PurpleSerpent (Contribs • Message • Email) 06:13, February 13, 2023 (EST)
- What happens when a quest as been marked as none so it's "checked" and then they do an epic pass on it and add a node or ten? People will, as they already do, assume it's already been checked and not look or update it. If we just list the nodes as we see them (I'll be doing a comprehensive run through quests once I'm done updating template usage to confirm/clarify all the nodes and probably add some new templates for some stuff for more details as to node type, location, and what that type/level combination drop), then people will always be looking to update if they see something out of place - which I'd prefer over a complacent "it's already been checked" attitude. Does that make sense? 👟 ShoeMaker ( Talk • Contribs • Email • Patrol • Moves • B • D • I • PP • UM • UR ) 👟 12:36, February 13, 2023 (EST)
- Mmm. Most of us read Release Notes and act accordingly ? ⇒ Corgrind (Contribs • Message • Email) 13:06, February 13, 2023 (EST)
- I've never seen release notes mention "added or removed" collectable nodes in XYZ quest. Like I said, I'll be happy to put that in there somehow; it's just always been counter productive to have, IMO. 👟 ShoeMaker ( Talk • Contribs • Email • Patrol • Moves • B • D • I • PP • UM • UR ) 👟 19:39, February 13, 2023 (EST)
- I do not think this is a big concern, given how few quests have no collectables in the first place; none of the remaining quests that are at all likely to be reworked in the future are part of the list. Off the bat, though, I can think of a handful of quests like Return to Delera's Tomb which have no collectables and will never have any collectables for which such a parameter would be useful. I mean, we already have a similar thing for quests without traps, and you could look at that from much the same standpoint. ⇒ PurpleSerpent (Contribs • Message • Email) 20:38, February 13, 2023 (EST)
✔ Done in diff 534280. Added
|verified_nodes= and you just need to add the five tilde timestamp. 👟 ShoeMaker ( Talk • Contribs • Email • Patrol • Moves • B • D • I • PP • UM • UR ) 👟 20:15, February 19, 2023 (EST)
Current discords - major overhaul?
What do you have in mind? You want more or less or ?
Thanks for the pointer. I was trying to get the pages out of the Uncategorized categories list; a null edit would probably have done that as well, looking back. ⇒ PurpleSerpent (Contribs • Message • Email) 12:15, April 3, 2023 (EDT)
I've taken it upon myself to thank SSG and give back to the community of DDO players by contributing some my time to revising, modifying, updating, verifying, wikifying, and adding to the 88,260 pages including 17,491 articles and 32,074 files that are on this wiki.
A) Super run on sentence.
B) " some my time " should read " some of my time ".
Feel free to delete once edited.
— previous unsignedPlease sign posts using ~~~~ comment by 126.96.36.199 (d | r | b ) at 22:15, 22:16, 22:17, and 22:23, August 20, 2023 (UTC)