May I extend my warmest welcomes and offer you any help you may need? Thanks for your contributions, mate!
- ...First, you may want to check out our FAQ page.
- ...There's a wealth of wiki documentation on the Help page, perhaps some of it may be of use to you.
- ...Before you upload your screenshots, which we really appreciate, please read our file naming policy.
- ...With the wiki's most recent update from version 1.23 to 1.31, we now have many new features and abilities.
- ...There's a really good Introduction over on Wikipedia also, it should help you figure out what's going on if you're new to wikis in general.
- ...Don't forget to change your DDOwiki user preferences.
- ...We pride ourselves on providing the best and most accurate information possible and are happy to reward our editors with extra privileges for making that happen. The first step in the promotion ladder turns off the CAPTCHA edit tests and you can check out the details Here.
If you need help with something above and beyond what the links above can provide...
- ...Someone is most always available! You can drop me a message on my user talk page (which I watch like a hawk), grab my other contact info on my user page, or ask one of the users on the list of 17 administrators.
- ...Be sure to check out our live chat on the Discord chat server for DDOwiki or and our Social Media Sites!
Again, welcome to the wiki - and I can't thank you enough on behalf of the community for your help in making us the best DDO site around
I might be wrong... but I think I have a mythic Swift Demise. Aren't you a bit overzealous in removing the mythic attribute? In general, quest/chain rewards and crafted items are not eligible for a mythic upgrade. But the rest of the items should be eligible? --⇒ Cru121 (Contribs • Message • Email) 05:44, December 15, 2020 (EST)
- No, I verify it before removing. A *lot* of old quests were never updated for mythic/reaper, Gwylan's Stand is one of these (unlike say The Tear of Dhakaan which was updated). So if you have that Swift Demise, please provide a screenshot. I'll eat my words then and stop removing any mythics completely :) ⇒ BugTime (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 05:53, December 15, 2020 (EST)
- Now I have to rummage through alts to argue on the internets. Thanks! :) --⇒ Cru121 (Contribs • Message • Email) 07:45, December 15, 2020 (EST)
- No, you don't have to. I sent you an e-mail earlier just to not clutter the wiki :) ⇒ BugTime (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 07:52, December 15, 2020 (EST)
- Here! The proof.
- I guess my memory is failing me. ⇒ Cru121 (Contribs • Message • Email) 07:56, December 15, 2020 (EST)
- Actually I'd like all of the old quests to be updated, but it's like with the recent removal of old slotted augments (there's a single item with a new augment slot filled: Item:Cloak of Troll's Resistance - easy to see in-game as many vet II classes get it). It's likely a lot of manual work so the devs don't bother. ⇒ BugTime (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 08:05, December 15, 2020 (EST)
Your process for obtaining images
What I'd like to know is, how are you getting those screenshots of all those item boxes that have the -complete- fancy border shapes and whatnot rather than just being a cropped outline, but -without- having anything showing behind the borders around the edges? That's a pretty neat trick! ⇒ TheWarforgedArtificer (Contribs • Message • Email) 18:25, December 16, 2020 (EST)
- It's not super hard as the complete transparent border chunks are available in the default ui skin. So it's a question of generating it over an item area. At least that's one of the possible ways to do it. ⇒ BugTime (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 18:47, December 16, 2020 (EST)
- But how do you actually do it? What are the steps, what do you use? ⇒ TheWarforgedArtificer (Contribs • Message • Email) 18:50, December 16, 2020 (EST)
- Seriously, how do you do it, man? xD There are some missing item images I'm thinking of adding, but it looks like you're on a spree replacing literally every single item image on the entire wiki, so I don't want to add a missing image if it's just going to get replaced anyway, haha. What is your process? How are you getting these sharp, uncropped-border-without-background-junk images for items? Tell us your seeeeecrets! :P ⇒ TheWarforgedArtificer (Contribs • Message • Email) 13:00, December 31, 2020 (EST)
- Sorry to say, but you are violating naming policy: This also states that description windows have to be 420 wide to not screw up templates or being scaled down and be unreadable ⇒ Corgrind (Contribs • Message • Email) 18:09, March 23, 2021 (EDT)
- Provide examples of these screwed templates first? And yeah, we talked about it on discord before. In worst case, the limit can be changed. ⇒ BugTime (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 18:30, March 23, 2021 (EDT)
- As far as I know all templates force a scale down. In case of big frames like the one around Firebreak (level 24) there is already a visible blurry effect caused by the scaling ⇒ Corgrind (Contribs • Message • Email) 20:23, March 23, 2021 (EDT)
- Yes, too bad. I don't consider slight blurring "screwing up templates". That's a small price to pay for up to date images that are much smaller in size than the old ones too. There's still an option of simply increasing the width or, and that would be the best, setting the max width instead of forced rescaling. Not sure if that's possible though as I'm not a web developer. I'll see what can be done after I finish my current project.⇒ BugTime (Contribs • ⇑ top ⇑ • Email) 20:33, March 23, 2021 (EDT)
- What naming policy states description windows have to be 420px wide? The wiki scales the images, it doesn't cause any such issues. 👟 ShoeMaker (Contribs • Message • Email) 👟 13:31, March 24, 2021 (EDT)