I wasn't sure if I saw a place this was discussed but here seems appropriate.
Should we allow/advocate people to repost named items with pictures to confirm potential mythic boosts?
I've seen some forums posts questioning whether this or that item is confirmed and there is a benefit to wiki editors reuploadding confirmed pictures of mythic boost drops.
There is the problem of confusion since the picture could show mythic boost and confuse others since it isn't going to be on every version of the item.
- My take:
- I don't think it's necessary to repost images with mythic boost.
- I don't think it's necessary to repost images without mythic boost. Someone removed my double reaper bonus pic, I was mildly angry - particularly if the replacement image is lower quality.
- Also, I have previously updated Pansophic Circlet for a reaper version so that people can drool about it. I think Reaper Ability Bonus helmets are worth an upload, because readers probably like seeing their existence confirmed.
- Generally, if there's an additional reason for updating the pic (slightly modified description of some enchantment, sharper pic, etc.), go ahead and upload, regardless of mythic boost.
- I would also remove mythic boost from enchantment list, but IIRC last time I did this someone complained.
- I don't have strong feelings one way or another about the pictures, but I wouldn't go out of my way to replace pics with or without a boost, mythic or reaper. IMHO, there's no reason to replace a pic *just* because you looted one with a bonus, as a way of bragging; likewise, there's no real reason to replace a pic *just* because it does have one. As for the removing from enchantment list... now that EVERY named item has the chance to drop with it, it's not necessary to have it in there, IMHO. -LrdSlvrhnd (Contribs • Message • Email)
- My personal preference would be for images to have no reaper or mythic bonuses. Just plain vanilla images. However, I know that if we were to make that the rule/guideline/policy, then we'd miss out on have "something" as an image as opposed to nothing because of a bonus. So, if there's no image and you can add one - please do so regardless of bonuses or yellow/red proficiency or whatever. If you get an opportunity to post a "more vanilla" image, please update the existing image (keeping the file extension whether it be .jpg or .png unless you can provide something that is higher resolution by switching). 👟 ShoeMaker (Contribs • Message • Email) 👟 00:44, September 26, 2017 (EDT)
- As far as listing it as an enchantment, I don't believe that EVERY item in the game can drop with mythic 1-5 bonus or a reaper bonus. I've yet to see anything from Korthos with it. Also, I believe that it's not a full range of bonus for every item. Some items can still only drop as +1 or +2 and others only as +3 or +4. DDOstream (Contribs • Message • Email) 08:51, October 3, 2017 (EDT)
December 2017 issues
Currently we have strange issue when pages with mystic bonuses have double entrance for this bonuses. Personally, my last edition was about Epic Leopard Chill and I'm absolutely sure when I ended editing, here was only one entrance. Now here two. I checked some other pages - all now have two entrance with mythic bonuses. Any thought? — previous comment by Ulfo ( c | e | d | r | b ) at 21:24, September 18, 2019 (UTC)
- As with Update 34 the mythic boost can now appear on any named item it doesn't make any sense to manually list this information, but it is rather now provided in the template itself. So if we see somewhere a double entry we should go and edit the item to remove the manual second one. ⇒ SisAmethyst (Contribs • Message • Email) 17:13, December 17, 2017 (EST)