Gelatinous Cube race
The nearly transparent gelatinous cube travels slowly along dungeon corridors and cave floors, absorbing carrion, creatures, and trash. Inorganic material remains trapped and visible inside the cube’s body.
Gelatinous Cubes are Ooze type monsters.
A typical gelatinous cube is 15 10 feet on a side and weighs about 50,000 15,000 pounds, though much larger specimens are not unknown.
A gelatinous cube attacks by slamming its body into its prey. It is capable of lashing out with a pseudopod, but usually engulfs foes.
- Slam: Bludgeoning
- Acid (Ex): A gelatinous cube’s acid does not harm metal or stone.
- Engulf (Ex): Although it moves slowly, a gelatinous cube can simply mow down large or small creatures as a standard action. The gelatinous cube merely has to move over the opponents, affecting as many as it can cover. Engulfed creatures are subject to the cube’s paralysis and acid, and are considered to be grappled and trapped within its body. The save DC is Strength-based and includes a +1 racial bonus.
- Note: the red Gelatinous Cube in Creeping Death, central to the storyline, allows no saving throw - if it touches you, you simply die.
- Paralysis (Ex): A gelatinous cube secretes an anesthetizing slime. A target hit by a cube’s melee or engulf attack must succeed on a DC 20 Fortitude save or be paralyzed. The cube can automatically engulf a paralyzed opponent. The save DC is Constitution-based.
- Transparent (Ex): Creatures who fail to notice a cube and walk into it are automatically engulfed.
- Splitting: Most Oozes will split into two when attacked by slashing & piercing weapons. Exceptions: Gray oozes and Gelatinous Cubes
- Vulnerability: As members of the Ooze monster class, they are further damaged by the Ooze Bane weapon enhancement.
- Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Blind (but have the blindsight special quality), with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, critical hits and sneak attack (no vital areas).
This section is empty.
You can help by. (February 2016)