Gateway to Khyber
The Blackheart tribe guards the entrance to the Jungles of Khyber, the result of negotiations with the drow huntress called Veil.
|Requires access to : Vault of Night|
|Gateway to Khyber|
|Takes place in:||Blackheart Encampment|
|Quest acquired in:||House Kundarak|
|Free to Play:||No|
The gateway to Khyber is the pre-quest to part three in the Vault of Night (story arc). You have to take a caravan to the Jungle of Khyber to find the entrance to Veil's lair. Unfortunately, a required bridge has been destroyed and you have to fight your way through several Troll camps to get to the entrance.
- Descend into the Jungle of Khyber in search of Veil
- Slay the Blackheart soothsayers to open the way to Veil's tribe (Slay 4)
- (Optional) Slay the Blackheart Overlords to break the trolls' morale (Slay 2) — Bonus (15%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to The Jungle of Khyber)
Tips and Misc
The quest is relatively short and is mainly just an area which you must pass through in order to get to the second half of part three, Jungles of Khyber.
There are large numbers of trolls throughout the quest, and at the end you must kill four soothsayers to open the gate to the second half. These four are the only ones you actually have to kill, so it is perfectly feasible to just sneak/run past all the others if you can pull it off.
Finally, there is a rest shrine not far from the final gate. But actually you don't need to use the shrine because you will be auto-rested after you complete this pre-quest and enter the second half.
- Devious bonus: 4 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 7 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 15 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 19 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 35 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Chests: None
- NPC rewards: None
|Blackheart Overlord (view)||Giant||Troll|
|Blackheart Soothsayer (view)||Giant||Troll|
|Blackheart Warrior (view)||Giant||Troll|