Once nearly abandoned, the Saltire District is now home to many of Stormreach's wizards and artificers.
|Epic level:|| 31|
|Takes place in:||The Saltire District|
|Bestowed by:||Orben Romblemore|
|NPC contact:||Orben Romblemore|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Orben Romblemore, inventor and self-described genius, wants you to see his latest invention at the Exposition of the Arcane. Travel to the Saltire District and see what the Gnome has whipped up in his workshop.
- Find Orben the Gnome
- Talk to Orben again about the Animatic
- Find some Pixie Dust
- Find the Kobold in the tavern
- Find the Collector in the south sewers
- Find the ingredients for the wand.
- Defeat the Animatic
- (Optional) Find and defeat the escaped Monsters (two randomised monsters from the list below):
- (Random Optional) Slay Harif the Inexorable, the Efreeti
- (Random Optional) Slay Oreborer the Umber Hulk
- (Random Optional) Slay Alloy the Iron Defender
- (Random Optional) Slay Q'arik Ra the Slaad
- (Random Optional) Slay Amaranthine the Flesh Golem
- Inactive Blade traps. The trap Control Boxes can be disabled for XP. The traps don't trigger (Possibly remnants from the Missing quest map trap locations).
Tips and Misc
- You're back in familiar territory, in the day, minus all the Xoriat horrors. This quest uses a version of the "Missing" quest map, expanded and beautified in a few locations.
- Speaking to the named NPC Moira Fross, who is all too eager to summon demons, will inadvertently summon Malicia. Thankfully, she's not in an vengeful mood and disappears moments later after scorning the over-eager wizard.
- This wizard gives away a secret about Malicia's true home plane, as the succubus notes at the end fight in To Curse the Sky.
- The two monsters in stasis that appear nearby the summoner Moira before the Animatic is activated are the two escaped optionals. The spawning location for each monster is static, so if you take note of the two monsters before talking to Orben, you can hunt them down at their specific haunts.
- After speaking to Orben, he demonstrates his control over his special Iron Golem, who then runs amok, causing barrels and anything else around to animate and attack you.
- As most of your enemies are constructs, using Smiting and Construct Bane weaponry, as well as weapons and effects that reduce fortification will be helpful. Almost every animated object in this quest will heal from Negative Energy, so watch those effects; Animated Clay Vases, in addition, will heal slightly from Fire damage.
- Most of the animated enemies are dormant and activate only as you run at them. A stealthy player can avoid almost all the fighting with sufficient Hide/Move Silently skill. (80 minimum to both skills on Legendary Normal worked.) Simply stay in Sneak as you pull levers, collect objects and move.
- A few new entrances exist in this revised map. One goes into a interior shopping mall where you'll find the Pixie Dust, held under a force field with a lever nearby. There are 3 possible random locations for the Pixie Dust, as noted on the mini-map.
- Durk the Deranged has made a home here in a section of the sewers. He'll give you the Unicorn Horn if you find his squirrel, Nibbles. The little rodent hides in one of the following locations (displayed as acorn on map):
- In the interior garden (the end-fight area in "Missing")
- North of the tavern (SE area)
- Near end fight (NE area)
- Goldscuttle the kobold (in the tavern, SE area) seems savvy enough not to give you his item, but pour enough "ale" (if you can call hot chocolate that) in him through the dialogues and you'll walk away with his Beholder's Eye.
- Speed run: (1) Grab pixie dust in shops/armory after first fight. (2) Return to 1st fight area, pull lever, go through underwater passage and talk to Durk. (3) Take connecting underwater passage to southeast area and bribe Goldscuttle. (4) Find Nibbles and bring him back to Durk. (5) Go to end fight.
- The end-fight is just outside of the former schoolroom of "Missing." Orben has the golem temporarily held. Once you give him the items to make his wand, the golem is freed and your party is in for a beatdown from the golem and surrounding animated objects. Some vases will behave as Wizards with Magic Missile attacks.
- The idea of the Animatic golem animating the gazebo around him (as part of his armor) is a reference to the well-known Richard Aronson 'Dread Gazebo' anecdote.
- Devious bonus: 1 or less monster killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 38 or less monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 140 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 180 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 32 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 42 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- One for each escaped monster
- One end chest (drops named items)
- Collectables: 2 Mold, Reagents Cabinet, Rubble, 4 Adventurer's Packs, 2 Mushrooms, Fungus (looks like dark mushroom)
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
All items are Mythic Boost enchantment.and they can drop with the
- Animated Rope - (Belt) - , , , ,
- Magewright's Toolkit - (Bracers) - , , , ,
- Hardened Hide Armor - (Medium Armor) - , , , ,
- Ring of Prowess - (Ring) - , , , ,
- Dashing Gloves - , , , ,
- Legendary Animated Rope - (Belt) - , , , ,
- Legendary Magewright's Toolkit - (Bracers) - , , , ,
- Legendary Hardened Hide Armor - (Medium Armor) - , , , ,
- Legendary Ring of Prowess - (Ring) - , , , ,
- Legendary Dashing Gloves - , , , ,