Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Once nearly abandoned, the Saltire District is now home to many of Stormreach's wizards and artificers.
|Epic level:|| 31|
|Takes place in:||The Saltire District|
|Bestowed by:||Orben Romblemore|
|NPC contact:||Orben Romblemore|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Orben Romblemore, inventor and self-described genius, wants you to see his latest invention at the Exposition of the Arcane. Travel to the Saltire District and see what the Gnome has whipped up in his workshop.
- To access the quest, speak to Orben Romblemore. The quest is not accessed via nearby "The Saltire District" gate.
- Find Orben the Gnome
- Talk to Orben again about the Animatic
- Find some Pixie Dust
- Find the Kobold in the tavern
- Find the Collector in the south sewers
- Find the ingredients for the wand.
- Defeat the Animatic
- (Optional) Find and defeat the escaped Monsters (two randomised monsters from the list below):
- Inactive Blade traps. The trap Control Boxes can be disabled for XP. The traps don't trigger (Possibly remnants from the Missing quest map trap locations).
Tips and Misc
- You're back in familiar territory, in the day, minus all the Xoriat horrors. This quest uses a version of the "Missing" quest map, expanded and beautified in a few locations.
- After speaking to Orben, he demonstrates his control over his special Iron Golem, who then runs amok, causing barrels and anything else around to animate and attack you. You must speak to him a second time (near the door to the shops) before proceeding.
- A few new entrances exist in this revised map. One goes into a interior shopping mall where you'll find the Pixie Dust, held under a force field with a lever nearby. There are 3 possible random locations for the Pixie Dust, as noted on the mini-map.
- Durk the Deranged has made a home here in a section of the sewers. He'll give you the Unicorn Horn if you find his squirrel, Nibbles. The little rodent hides in one of the following locations (displayed as acorn on map):
- In the interior garden (the end-fight area in "Missing")
- North of the tavern. Possibly under the bridge, at the bottom of the canal. (SE area)
- Near end fight (NE area)
- Goldscuttle the kobold (in the tavern, SE area) seems savvy enough not to give you his item, but pour enough "ale" (if you can call hot chocolate that) in him through the dialogues and you'll walk away with his Beholder's Eye.
- The end-fight is just outside of the former schoolroom of "Missing." Orben has the golem temporarily held. Once you give him the items to make his wand, the golem is freed and your party is in for a beatdown from the golem and surrounding animated objects. Some vases will behave as Wizards with Magic Missile attacks. (You might have a better time with the Animatic if you take him somewhere a little more private.)
- Most of the enemies have DR/Adamantine, so bring an Adamantine or Metalline weapon. As most of your enemies are constructs, using Smiting and Construct Bane weaponry, as well as weapons and effects that reduce fortification, will be helpful. Almost every animated object in this quest will heal from Negative Energy, so watch those effects; Animated Clay Vases, in addition, will heal slightly from Fire damage.
- The two monsters in stasis that appear nearby the summoner NPC Moira Fross before the Animatic is activated are the two escaped optionals. The spawning location for each monster is static, so if you take note of the two monsters before talking to Orben, you can hunt them down at their specific haunts.
- Speaking to Moira, who is all too eager to summon demons, will inadvertently summon Malicia. Thankfully, she's not in an vengeful mood and disappears moments later after scorning the over-eager wizard. Moira gives away a secret about Malicia's true home plane, as the succubus notes at the end fight in To Curse the Sky.
- The idea of the Animatic golem animating the gazebo around him (as part of his armor) is a reference to the Richard Aronson 'Dread Gazebo' anecdote.
- Speed run: (1) Grab pixie dust in shops/armory after first fight. (2) Return to 1st fight area, pull lever, go through underwater passage and talk to Durk. (3) Take connecting underwater passage to southeast area and bribe Goldscuttle. (4) Find Nibbles and bring him back to Durk. (5) Go to end fight.
- Stealthy characters: Most of the animated enemies are dormant and activate only as you run at them. A stealthy character can avoid all but the final battle with sufficient Hide/Move Silently skill (80 minimum to both skills on Legendary Normal worked). Simply stay in Sneak as you pull levers, collect objects and move. You will become unstealthed after you talk to Orben the second time, so make sure you're ready to dash for the door to the shops. The devious bonus is achievable by killing only the Animatic.
- Devious bonus: 1 or fewer monster killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 38 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 140 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 180 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 32 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 42 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- One for each escaped monster
- One end chest (drops named items)
- Collectables: 2 Mold, Reagents Cabinet, Rubble, 4 Adventurer's Packs, 2 Mushrooms, Fungus (looks like dark mushroom)
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
All items are Mythic Boost enchantment.and they can drop with the
- Animated Rope - (Belt) - , , , ,
- Magewright's Toolkit - (Bracers) - , , , ,
- Hardened Hide Armor - (Medium Armor) - , , , ,
- Ring of Prowess - (Ring) - , , , ,
- Dashing Gloves - , , , ,
- Legendary Animated Rope - (Belt) - , , , ,
- Legendary Magewright's Toolkit - (Bracers) - , , , ,
- Legendary Hardened Hide Armor - (Medium Armor) - , , , ,
- Legendary Ring of Prowess - (Ring) - , , , ,
- Legendary Dashing Gloves - , , , ,
|Alloy (view)||Construct||Iron Defender|
|Harif the Inexorable (view)||Evil Outsider||Efreet|
|Oreborer (view)||Aberration||Umber Hulk|
|Q'arik Ra (view)||Aberration||Slaad|
|The Animatic (NoPic)||Construct||Golem|
|Animated Daggers (NoPic)||Construct||Animated Object|
|Animated Object (view)||Construct||Animated Object|
|Arcane Animated Object (view)||Construct||Animated Object|
|Large Animated Object (view)||Construct||Animated Object|