This page needs an overhaul; Pure Evil should be combined here, and the next tiers up should all be consolidated here - Greater Good, Absolute Chaos, Absolute Law, and the new Supreme Good (3d6). I don't think Greater Evil, or any equivalent to Supreme Good, exists in game yet.
Nibor (Contributions • Message) 12:21, July 12, 2012 (EDT)
- Indeed. Question is: Does Holy belong to this kind of damage as well? What's a good name for the article? Alignment damage?
Krlkch (Contributions • Message) 13:18, July 12, 2012 (EDT)
- Alignment damage (weapon) -- True Alignment -- Alignment Burst -- Righteous -- Greater Good -- Absolute Chaos -- Absolute Law ---~--- All different pages that need to be sorted out and consolidated into one or two... There may be more of them as well, these are just the ones I found with a quick search.
ShoeMaker (Contributions • Message) 14:53, July 12, 2012 (EDT)
- I think that two pages would be good - one for True Alignment, for all those "non____ targets" ones that require a specific alignment, and one for Holy/Unholy/etc, that give a negative level to wielders of the specific alignment. Although IMHO, "Alignment damage (weapon)" is a bad generic term for those... so we should either come up with a different page name (and maybe make that a more of a generic page with links to True Alignment and whatever) or just put everything under that page. Alignment Burst would fall under whatever we call the one with holy/unholy/etc., and the rest would redirect to True Alignment, I'd think.
LrdSlvrhnd (Contributions • Message) 17:54, July 12, 2012 (EDT)
- I also agree that Holy/Unholy/Axiomatic/Anarchic should be a separate page - the effect is similar but different. The pages should probably "See also" each other, as they do now. H/U/A/A comes in Burst form; Good/Evil/Chaos/Law comes in pure/true, greater/absolute, and supreme/? tiers, as well as a Blast form; is there a Burst form of Good/Evil/Chaos/Law? The whole thing might want to be in some sort of chart rather than a long string of abilities. Nibor (Contributions • Message) 11:20, July 13, 2012 (EDT)
IIRC, Good Burst is a tier 2 ability on Greensteel Weaponry. Same with Evil Burst. The tiers are Holy -> Good Burst -> Good Blast and Unholy -> Evil Burst -> Evil Blast.
I'm working on a new page for this at User:Nibor/Alignment_Properties for now. Good/Evil Burst and Blast are Greensteel crafting options, and Good Blast has shown up on a couple of epic items as well. Pure Good/Greater Good/Supreme Good/Good Burst/Good Blast all exist in game, and are related with the same damage profile (does good damage against non-good targets). Holy/Holy Burst and related effects are different, and are all prefixes. I suspect we will not see Good Burst as a random loot option just because Pure Good is a suffix rather than a prefix like all other Burst abilities, which would allow for Holy Burst of Good Burst or Acid Burst of Good Burst, and I don't think they want that much burst on a random generated loot. Holy and related should remain on their own page, I think, but be linked from the Good/Evil/Law/Chaos page. Greensteel is just a bit goofy that they went Holy->Good Burst->Good Blast with their tiers, but greensteel is pretty old so inconsistencies don't surprise me. Nibor (Contributions • Message) 15:55, July 23, 2012 (EDT)
- Okay, finished with a draft of User:Nibor/Alignment_Properties - any comments on how it is laid out or so forth? I didn't bother to fill out the "found on" for the more common abilities, just the ones that aren't in random lootgen tables. Also, is there something similar to Blasphemy for Good/Holy? Or is that unique for Evil/Unholy? Nibor (Contributions • Message) 11:52, August 6, 2012 (EDT)