Fitzpat the Fence
Name: Fitzpat the Fence
Bestows Quest(s): The Smuggler's Warehouse
Affiliation(s): The Free Agents
Notes: When you accept his quest, he gives you a free Small Gem Bag. You needn't complete the quest, or even run it to keep the bag. This bag is one of three that new players seek out for their inventory.
If you try to talk to him, he will reply:
- Fitzpat the Fence: Psst! Want to make easy money?
- Fitzpat the Fence: What would you say if I told you about a Smuggler's Warehouse just full of gems? A warehouse with no owner? Just ripe for the picking?
- Fitzpat the Fence: I already have a buyer lined up for those gems. You just have to get them for me.
- You: I'll bring back your gems. Have my reward ready when I return! (Bestow quest)
- You: Gems? What kind of gems?
- Fitzpat the Fence: They're very unusual gems—made of glass, worthless to the untrained eye.
- Fitzpat the Fence: But they have... unique properties of a... magical nature. I know a few sorcerers who'd pay handsomely for them.
- Fitzpat the Fence: If you go to the Smuggler's Warehouse and find these gems for me, I'll give you a cut of the profit.
- You: Tell me about this warehouse.
- Fitzpat the Fence: The Smuggler's Warehouse is on the South side of Stormreach Harbor.
- Fitzpat the Fence: It was a smuggler's drop before Harbormaster Zin shut it down. And there are gems still stashed inside! That's right!
- Fitzpat the Fence: Sure, the warehouse has a few squatters. A year's free rent attracts the wrong kind of... well, you wouldn't say "people" so much as "kobolds." And is there a right kind of kobold? Not that I've met!
- Fitzpat the Fence: So you might have to chase away a few vermin. No big deal. Will you get the gems for me?
Talking to him after acquiring the quest, but before completion, will make he say:
- Fitzpat the Fence: The gems are in the Smuggler's Warehouse. Get them for me, and I'll give you a cut of the profit.
- You: Tell me about these gems. (see above)
- You: Tell me about this warehouse. (see above)
On completion of quest, he will congratulate you with the following:
- Fitzpat the Fence: Yes, these are the gems, all right! You can tell they're glass, can't you? The color's just a little too perfect, the cut just a bit too flawless... no, you don't see real rubies that look this expensive.
- Fitzpat the Fence: These will sell quickly, of that I have no doubt.
- You: All right, now give me my cut.
After completing the quest and taking the reward, if you talk to him again, he will reply:
- Fitzpat the Fence: We made a tidy profit on that last job, eh, <name>?