|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Tomb of the Forbidden
|Requires access to adventure pack: Necropolis Part 3|
The Tomb of the Forbidden has been plunged into a deep freeze by a powerful, mysterious force.
|Tomb of the Forbidden|
|Heroic XP:||♣2,659 ♦4,660 ♥4,888 ♠5,116|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Forbidden|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Dessenua informed you of a mysterious cold that has plagued the Tomb of the Forbidden. You are to weather the climate and breach the three gates that keep Menetnashte locked up tight. Slay him and look for clues along the way to crack the mystery of the frozen tomb.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Explore the tomb
- Acquire the first gear
- Breach the first gate
- Explore beyond the first gate
- Slay Aneirin
- Acquire the second gear
- Breach the second gate
- Explore beyond the second gate
- Acquire the key
- Breach the third gate
- Slay Menetnashte
- (Optional) Retrieve the journal (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Retrieve the letter (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Retrieve the wanted poster (20% of base XP)
- (Optionai) Slay Tessa Vanderkliefe (30% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (random, some undisarmable)
- Collapsible floor
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Requires extra player(s)/hireling(s) (mandatory: 2 pairs of levers that have to be pulled simultaneously)
- One of which can't be disabled.
- Two hidden doors
Tips and Misc
- Journal can be collected from the ground, as well as the letter.
- To open the first gate, you must pass the Red Gear through the bars.
- To open the arrow gate, you need to shoot the skull on the ceiling (dungeon master points out "arrow" [tiny blue arrow] symbol pointing up).
- Fire spells are a must-have. Cold protection and resistance is welcome.
- Locked chest with Epic difficulty trap (DC 75-76 on elite).
- You must split up your party twice. On those occasions the doors will open after you kill everything inside.
- Can be done with a hireling:
- Go to one lever, begin to pull it then back away to interrupt the action. There is an unlocking "click" on these levers that you hear instantly when you pull the lever ... then after the pull motion is complete, the lever drops. You need to unlock the lever (but not pull it all the way down) for the hireling.
- Order the hireling to stay near that lever then go to the other lever.
- Highlight the hireling's lever, command the hireling to pull the lever and as soon as the hireling's lever moves pull your lever.
- Kill the monsters that spawned on your side, wait for the other door to open, kill the monsters that spawned on the hireling's side and then you can proceed further.
- The doors open with time; unfortunately, it's a fairly long time. Be patient! Possibly a quest mechanic to prevent an unwinable condition if the party members behind the gate are defeated.
- Can be done with a hireling:
- Unlocking the doors instead of bashing them down will prevent the traps from going off.
- Aggression bonus: 72 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 93 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 115 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 3 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 6 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 69 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Arcane Ooze
- Cultist Sentry
- Fiendish Troll Enforcer
- Frostmarrow Evoker
- Frostmarrow Huntsman
- Frostmarrow Sellsword
- Frostmarrow Shambler
- Glacier Wolf
- Hyaline Matriarch
- Ice Flenser
- Ice Mephit Warrior
- Ogre Mage Cultist
- Undead Giant Rat
- Unholy Friar
- Warrior Cultist