|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Tomb of the Blighted
From DDO wiki
|Requires access to adventure pack: Necropolis Part 3|
|Tomb of the Blighted|
|Heroic XP:||♣2,796 ♦4,900 ♥5,140 ♠5,380|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Blighted|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Cleanse three fountains and then kill the mummy guardian
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Locate the missing Silver Flame soldier
- Locate the source of the stench
- Find the source of the East waterfall
- Dispel the East fountain's corruption
- Dispel the West fountain's corruption
- Dispel the North fountain's corruption
- Find the source of the North waterfall
- Find the source of the West waterfall
- Defeat Odji
- (Optional) Cleanse the urns of blight - (30% base XP)
- (Optional) Slay forty blighted oozes - (20% base XP)
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
No traps found
Tips and Misc
- Blight Rot is a special effect that causes -1 damage to Strength, Constitution, Wisdom, and Charisma, and slows your character's movement and attack speeds by 50% every 15 seconds. It's caused by stepping into any of the water on the floor. Bring lots of Lesser Restore potions!
- Vials are located in the north passage past the body. Refill them at the various fountains. You can carry up to ten at a time. If someone is infected with blight, throw the vial at the ground and let that person walk through it to cure them. The vials can also be thrown at the various blight monsters to inflict damage (generally 60-80pts). Ooze puppet is a useful spell to control blight oozes at times. Be sure to bring plenty of expendable weapons, as weapons will break often - or use Muckbane or everbright. There is one locked chest in the dungeon that requires a key. The key is located between the west fountain and the northwest corner of the map by swimming through an underwater eastbound passageway located under the flooded room you must cross by jumping across crates. (The water is obviously Blighted.)
- Piercing, Slashing or Electric damage from any spell or weapon will split the blight oozes into violet slimes, which you can kill much easier with fire spells (Blight Oozes are otherwise extremely tough and also immune to fire). On elite difficulty, the violet slimes have far fewer hit points than the blight oozes, so it will be preferable to split the blight ooze and kill the significantly weaker violet ones.
- Bug: Blight oozes don't split into violet slimes on casual and normal difficulty.
- Breaking the sarcophagi will spawn Blight Zombies that are replaced with one of a variety of skeleton monsters when killed. Those skeletons can often be more dangerous than the original zombie.
- The urns that can be cleansed by throwing a vial at them as an optional are generally in the various alcoves and small side passages shown on the map. The end boss can be treated as any other mummy and spawns alone.
- Do not leave the quest while blighted. The only way to cure the blight is with the holy water, and you will have to repeat it (which can be a pain, given that the blight slows your movement) in order to get access to some holy water again.
- If you do leave while blighted, death will remove the effect. Die in a tavern to avoid equipment damage. Using /death is faster than waiting for the blight to kill you. Remember, if you re-enter to cure the blight, you must re-complete the quest to stay flagged for the Cursed Crypt.
- Bug Alert: Flask of Holy Water - There appears to be a bug with equipping the flasks that causes bows and crossbows to cease doing damage to anything, until you change ammo types and shoot at something with the alternate ammo.
- Aggression bonus: 89 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 105 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 126 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 46 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 63 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 74 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Note: Getting conquest requires killing a few respawning oozes. They will also be required to complete the optional, as there are only about 15 oozes total, of which about 5 respawn.
- Note: Getting Ransack requires ranging coffins enough in advance that they don't explode on you in advance.
- Chests: 3
- 1 opened by key only in a northwest alcove (the key is underwater, in the eastern room with floating crates)
- 1 in the north alcove
- 1 at the end for killing Odji (Mummy)
- NPC rewards: Random item
- Blight Guardians
- Blight Oozes
- Blight Zombies
- Blighted Friar
- Blighted Magus
- Blighted Scrappers
- Blighted Soldiers
- Gelatinous Cubes
- Violet Slimes - Only appear on Hard and Elite difficulty when splitting a blight ooze
- Wood Spiders